Tonight's Lineup: Caps at Penguins

Simeon Varlamov and the Caps will attempt to take a commanding 3-0 lead in their semifinal series against the Penguins tonight at Mellon Arena. Marc-Andre Fleury, who has yielded seven goals in the first two games, will be in net for the Pens.

Eric Fehr and John Erskine are not on the ice for warmup, so it looks like they are out.

Based on that, the rest of the Caps' lineup should look like this:

Forwards
Ovechkin-Fedorov-Kozlov
Fleischmann-Backstrom-Semin
Laich-Steckel-Bradley
Nylander-Gordon-Clark

Defense
Morrisonn-green
Poti-Jurcina
Sloan-Pothier

Karl Alzner also took the warmup, but unless there's a late -- and unexpected -- scratch, he's not going to play.

If there are any changes, I'll post an update soon. If not, check back later for some postgame notes and quotes.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  May 6, 2009; 6:33 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fehr, Erskine Game-Time Decisions
Next: Live Game 3 Chat: Capitals at Penguins

Comments

Caps are 0-2 with Nyls in the lineup.

Come on Caps ... get a hold of the Pens jugular tonight!

Posted by: MyJobsMyCredit | May 6, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Caps really only going to play 3 lines tonight or roll all four?

Posted by: RichC3 | May 6, 2009 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Reposting because I hope someone is working on a slogan....

Wait! Why limit pacifiers to just throwing them? If tons of people (especially those who sit near the Pens) show up with pacifiers and any baby paraphernalia we can think of (hats, bibs, bottles etc.) you know the media will pick it up.

Get a critical mass of people dressed like babies and put them in visible places and they will be on millions of television screens, internet and print publications immediately. Then the association of Pens=babies & whiners will become to mind immediately when the name of this team is even mentioned. It will become part of their proud heritage into the future generations.

Can anyone think of a slogan type of thing? What rhymes with whiner? I am not good at this. Is there a word that means whiny that rhymes with Penguins or Pens or something?

Posted by: caraveli | May 6, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: richmondphil | May 6, 2009 6:43 PM |

PRE-GAME FURY PICTURE !

LETS GO CAPS

Posted by: richmondphil | May 6, 2009 6:50 PM | Report abuse

ugh Michal Nylander

Posted by: rachel216 | May 6, 2009 6:51 PM | Report abuse

I'm hoping Alzner gets to play, and not Sloan. Personal preference from what I've seen, not anything against Sloan.

Posted by: 4RBears | May 6, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Let's GOOO Capitals!!! 3 and 0 please!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | May 6, 2009 6:53 PM | Report abuse

come on nyls!!! prove us wrong!!!

Posted by: mrszilla | May 6, 2009 6:53 PM | Report abuse

7 minutes! Getting nervous!

Posted by: rachel216 | May 6, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

SOOOOOOO nervous. Are we going to win?

Posted by: caraveli | May 6, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

You betcha!

Posted by: uncatim | May 6, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to see their ugly whiteout!

I think it's so funny (someone mentioned earlier) that the color white can mean "surrender." So it looks like the Pens have given in. lol.

Posted by: rachel216 | May 6, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Listening to the Bears pre-game, and I just was reminded that we're minus the majority of our constantly-good defensemen... spare some cheers for the minor league, anybody? We're taking on the Pens affiliate! =)

Posted by: 4RBears | May 6, 2009 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Rachel: Considering I've known you for all of maybe 5 minutes... that comment about the white made me laugh. Out loud. Like an idiot. =)

Posted by: 4RBears | May 6, 2009 6:57 PM | Report abuse

I heard from some Bear fans that Alzner has been crap down there and I hear from others that Sloan has been crap.

Based on what I saw when they were up here, I like Sloan.

Posted by: richmondphil | May 6, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

I despise those dirty baby pens. Bears Wooo!

Posted by: uncatim | May 6, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

4RBears: Actually we've known each other for 10 minutes. =)

Posted by: rachel216 | May 6, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Richmondphil: The only reason that they're 'good' is that the majority of our defense is really shaky. Dean Arsene could stand to retire, and there's a few goons (Amadio not counted.) And Sami Lepisto has the spleen injury that's got him out until at least next round.

Posted by: 4RBears | May 6, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Rachel: Shows how crappy at math I am. (lol)
Though its not a surprise, Neuvy's starting.

Posted by: 4RBears | May 6, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

____________________________________________

That idea is stupid. Forget it. I would hope that we are a little more intelligent in this area. That might work in Peoria.

Posted by: MKadyman | May 6, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse

*listens in as MKadyman sucks the life right out of the message board* I live my life knowing people will do what they're gonna' do. Doesn't help ANYONE to look down one's nose like a snoot. Grab your beer and sit down, man! You're killing the good vibes here...

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | May 6, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse