Tonight's Lineup: Caps at Toronto

Jose Theodore will get the nod tonight and will oppose Martin Gerber as the Caps attempt to close out a five-game road trip on a high note at ACC and bounce back from Saturday's 4-1 loss in Carolina. I'm hearing Steve Pinozzotto (emergency call-up) and Brian Pothier (healthy) will take the warmup, but neither is expected to play.

If all of the sick players can go (which is believed to be the case) the lineup could look like this:

Forwards
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kozlov
Fleischmann-Fedorov-Semin
Laich-Nylander-Fehr
(It's possible Fleischmann and Laich will switch. So keep an eye on that.)
Bourque-Steckel-Bradley

Defense
Morrisonn-Green
Poti-Erskine
Schultz-Jurcina

Theodore will be backed up by Daren Machesney (another call-up).

I'll have some additional notes and quotes after the game.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  March 24, 2009; 5:24 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ovechkin: 'It's Good for the League'
Next: Ovechkin Reps 'Coach's Corner' (Now With Photos)

Comments

Lets leap frog the Devils..... Lets go Caps!!!!

Posted by: Capsfannmiss | March 24, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Martin Gerber... didn't that guy almost shut us out until the last minute? Oh well, that is not gonna happen tonight, hopefully.

Posted by: rachel216 | March 24, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Is this the real "flu" that these players have or colds? If it is the flu wouldn't you think that someone would arrange for flu shots in the fall especially when you have twenty-five guys and coaches together all of the time.

Posted by: MKadyman | March 24, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Not Darth Gerber!! j/k Let's go Caps!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Tons of strains of flus are going to get through, especially with all that traveling around the country.

I'm not so sure if its just colds though either.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

MKadyman, Sounds like colds the way they were describing it. But flu covers lots of bases this late in the season.

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Gerber is not that good. that last game was a fluke.

hopefully the caps arent going to make me eat my words.

Posted by: richmondphil | March 24, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Am I the only one who didn't know this?

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

richmondphil:
you don't have to eat them if you don't 'mark' them first.
you also don't have to eat veggies unless they're covered with butter and salt - that's a new rule

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Can I have my veggies drizzled with some bacon bits too please? Btw, how did we do in our past match-ups this season with the Leafs? Just curious, to give me the sense of the appropriate level of urgency I should have about this game tonight?

Let's GOO Caps!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

LeftCoastCapsFan:
Sat, Dec 06 @ Toronto W 2-1 B. Johnson
Sun, Dec 28 Toronto W 4-1 J. Theodore
Thu, Mar 05 Toronto L 1-2 J. Theodore

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

@jmu

Koharski!!!! What memories he brings back.....most bad unfortunately.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | March 24, 2009 6:15 PM | Report abuse

LeftCoastCapsFan:
Can I have my veggies drizzled with some bacon bits too please?
this would be a substitution - not an add on... yes you can have bacon instead of veggies - because pigs can grow in the ground (standing in mud and eating slop counts as such)

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | March 24, 2009 6:16 PM | Report abuse

@mike_jmucaps_grady1

They talked about it during the FLA game last night. I think. There's some zebra retiring who was working last night and they said he was the best blah blah and that's why he was working the important game (the 1 pt FLA got could be their ticket in, or out of the playoffs).

I'm sure that was very helpful/definitive of me

Posted by: austinsteve | March 24, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse

I'm just excited he's retiring! That brings the Refs of the Apocolypse count down to McCreary, Devorski, and I'm forgetting the other one. Hmmmmm...

Posted by: jmu_capsgirl | March 24, 2009 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Curious to know what people think of Kerry Frasier??

Posted by: The_Stanley_Caps | March 24, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Capt Kirk, for the rundown of our past games with the Leafs. I don't feel too nervous just yet. I'll see how things are going when I get home and am able to check out our progress in getting a win tonight online.

Btw, I was gonna' eat my veggies, just with a little helping of bacon bits. =)

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | March 24, 2009 6:56 PM | Report abuse