Tonight's Lineup: Caps vs. Rangers (Updated)

Jose Theodore will start in goal in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals and will oppose Rangers' all-star Henrik Lundqvist. I'll update this post in a few minutes with the scratches when they are announced.

The rest of the Cap's lineup should look like this:

Forwards
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kozlov
Laich-Fedorov-Semin
Fleischmann-Nylander-Fehr
Steckel or Brashear-Gordon-Bradley

Defense
Morrisonn-Green
Erskine-Poti
Schultz-Jurcina

Update:As expected, Donald Brashear and Brian Pothier are the Caps' scratches. Meantime, Chris Drury is out for New York. The Rangers captain has an undisclosed injury. He came out for warmups, but left the ice early.

Come back later for some postgame notes and quotes. In the meantime, check out these pictures I snapped of the ice before warmups. Notice that the stanchions are painted red.

IMG_1294.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 15, 2009; 5:42 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rangers Skate Notes: Drury a Game-Time Call
Next: Live Game Chat: Capitals vs. Rangers

Comments

Man would I love to be at the VC tonight! Go Caps!

Posted by: uncatim | April 15, 2009 6:56 PM | Report abuse

I feel bad because I had to look up what a stanchion was.

Posted by: trunkenmath | April 15, 2009 6:56 PM | Report abuse

once again sit that wasted piece of hockey skin Jeff Schultz and the old hockey sludge himself #92 nylander. insert brash and alzner. come BB this is for real now.

Posted by: ReedRothchild | April 15, 2009 8:09 PM | Report abuse

oh yeah sit theo send him out for another tattoo and put Varlemov in, come on let's win this round.

Posted by: ReedRothchild | April 15, 2009 8:15 PM | Report abuse

see, theo couldn't stop a beachball kicked in by a three year old! keep him in don't go with Varley. excuse me i'm going to throw up.

Posted by: ReedRothchild | April 15, 2009 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Oy, looks like Threeormore showed up tonight. hopefully we can score a few and overcome it!

Posted by: sargeantmofo | April 15, 2009 8:45 PM | Report abuse

"I feel bad because I had to look up what a stanchion was."

lol me too.