Tonight's Lineup Vs. Ottawa

The Caps don't announce their lineups for preseason or regular season games, but here's who I expect to travel to Kanata for tonight's game:

Forwards: Ovechkin, Sutherby, Bradley, Gordon, Pettinger, Fleischmann, Backstrom, Klepis, Laich, Nylander, Kozlov and Clark.

Defense: Poti, Morrisonn, Jurcina, Pothier, Schultz, Sloan and Green.

Goalies: Kolzig, Neuvirth.

Note:I'm staying behind, as I sometimes do in the preseason, to work on my NHL and Caps previews. So Mr. AP will handle the gamer.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  September 20, 2007; 11:06 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wednesday Morning GM
Next: Checking Line Could Put Up Big Numbers

Comments

No Mo? There must still be some tough decisions to make at the low end of the blueline...

Posted by: Kurt | September 20, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Semin out so that different line combos can be tested?

Bourque, too?

I only mention it because it seems like they, Semin, at least, would be needed for chemistry to continue to blossom.

Posted by: DrinkingPartner | September 20, 2007 11:28 AM | Report abuse

sorry. forgot about Mo. he's going.

Posted by: Tarik | September 20, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

So I'm guessing we're not trying out any goalies tonight? :-)

Posted by: Pratt | September 20, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

sucks about semin, i would like to see our full top two lines in some fashion

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

They all forget about Mo, Tarik. Then, just when their head goes down, even for a moment... POW! Freight train.

Sorry, the impending season has me in high spirits.

Posted by: Kurt | September 20, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Who needs goalies?

Posted by: Mike | September 20, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

goalies are updated. i wasn't sure before.

Posted by: Tarik | September 20, 2007 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Tarik, I read somewhere there more cuts expected yesterday? Haven't seen anything reported yet. Any updates?

Posted by: Tracy | September 20, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

no cuts today.

Posted by: Tarik | September 20, 2007 12:30 PM | Report abuse

are any pre-season games going to be televised? anybody?

Posted by: tim | September 20, 2007 1:00 PM | Report abuse

nhl.tv will show the caps tonight

Posted by: jon | September 20, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

What, no Johnson on this trip! I guess after a shutout performance in Carolina, Olie is going for a little exercise. Let's hope Neuvirth shows us a little more than his last 25 minutes in Carolina.

Posted by: DOGDAZE | September 20, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, no goalies tonight! They'll just do the old pond hockey trick of tipping the goal over on it's front. You have to score from the back. Either that, or you have to hit a post for a goal to score.

Posted by: Greg S. | September 20, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

That Mr. AP is a lucky guy!

Posted by: Larry | September 20, 2007 1:31 PM | Report abuse

This team plays 5 games over the next 9 days - there will be plenty of opportunities for the rest o' the gang.

Posted by: Shaggy | September 20, 2007 1:35 PM | Report abuse

tarik, is semin injured at all or just giving someone else a shot, i would have thought hanlon would want to see that line in action asap. more games to come though.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 20, 2007 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Um, you have 21 players active for tonight, including seven Defensemen?

Posted by: I like Laich and Fehr is Fair | September 20, 2007 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Lets hope Ottawa doesnt dress McGrattan, Bois, Neil, and Yablonski... ugh

Posted by: Allberts | September 20, 2007 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Hi, Tark--

Is "staying behind to work on my previews" an erudite journalistic euphemism for "my paper is too cheap and doesn't care enough about hockey to pay for me to travel to a pre-season game"?

Sympathies,

Jim

Posted by: Jim | September 20, 2007 11:17 PM | Report abuse

Tarik, I'm in Ottawa and went to last night's game. It was a good one, the Caps looked solid although they couldn't pull out a win in the end. The hockey atmosphere here is great. But quite the opposite, when you look to the Post sports section, there is NO mention on the front page that the game even took place until you go digging. I finally found the AP report tucked away conveniently in the Caps section. I appreciate what you do but perhaps the Post or the Caps should invest in a bit more help covering their games and getting the word out. I mean, what happens if you want a day off? We have to live with a two paragraph AP cut and paste? What we have now is almost embarrassing.

Posted by: Digitalman08 | September 21, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I know what you're saying, but we've got a budget. And if we've got chose between covering all 82 games (and possible more) we're going to skip a really expensive trip to Ottawa for a meaningless PRESEASON game that no one will recall about 10 minutes from now.

Posted by: Tarik | September 21, 2007 10:24 AM | Report abuse