Tonight's Lineup: Predators at Caps

Semyon Varlamov will make his first start in five games tonight and is expected to oppose Nashville's Dan Ellis.

The defense in front of Varlamov, meantime, will be a little shorthanded. Shaone Morrisonn is out with a lower body injury, Coach Bruce Boudreau revealed moments ago. So it appears that he's the D-man who was a bit "iffy" at the morning skate. Morrisonn will be replaced in the lineup by Tyler Sloan.

The rest of the Caps' lineup should look like this:

Forwards

Sloan-Pothier
Scratches: Morrisonn, Erskine

Goalies
Varlamov
Holtby
Scratch: Theodore

I'll have more after the game.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  October 17, 2009; 5:04 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Varlamov to Start Tonight
Next: Caps 3, Predators 2 (SO)

Comments

Shultz and Green? Ug.

Posted by: griz0615 | October 17, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Bad teams always scare me the most... hopefully the Caps don't play down to the Preds.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: ludeman95 | October 17, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Oh my God - Shultz have to cover for Greene - I feel really sorry for Varly

Posted by: Tondi | October 17, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Rachel is back. Yay! Yes, bad teams scare me too. Hopefully we are on an upward swing.

What scares me is inconsistency. As my hero, BB says to the team: "don't tease me with a good performance and then let me dowm. Be consistent." Or something to that effect. The last 5-6 weeks of last season, when the Caps should have peaked and they fell flat instead, was extremely frustrating.

LETS GO CAPS!!!!!!!!

Posted by: caraveli | October 17, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Nylander is scratched? What gives?

Posted by: ejohnsto | October 17, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Pretty sure schultz and green played together v sj...am I wrong?

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Shultz and Green might be the worst defensive pairing I've seen for the Caps. I figure they will be -3 for the night, depending on how good of a night Varly is having.

Posted by: ejohnsto | October 17, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

dcsportsfan1 remember a few weeks ago when you said that Johnson didn't get traded to the Penguins. That was funny, wasn't it?

Posted by: ejohnsto | October 17, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Check your facts ej, that wasn't me.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Getting close to game time. I don't know why there's so much nervous energy around this team today.

Posted by: superpaqman | October 17, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ejohnsto | October 17, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

I think that's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard on here

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Caps have the 16th ranked powerplay out of 30 NHL teams. LOTS of room for improvement!

GO CAPS!!!!

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

I too don't get the Nylander situation...must be some ugly behind the scenes.

Shifting gears, I think the 4th line is more derving to be the third line tonight, but other than having watched every Caps game for the past 4 years what do I know?

Posted by: capper3 | October 17, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

fwiw, Johnson didn't get traded to the Pens, now did he. he just signed not traded

Posted by: billd2 | October 17, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

I think that's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard on here

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

its not ridiculous at all. Anything can happen in a game and who knows maybe they'll get lucky and they'll be on the ice with our top line a lot and still end up in the +s

But overall, over a long stretch of games, the Schultz-Green pairing doesn't look like an imposing 1-2 punch. Schultz has a hard time cracking the top 6, now suddenly he's a #1 pair guy? come on. Although this is a great opp for him to step up and solidify his spot in the lineup.

Posted by: cstanton1 | October 17, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Quite a disconnect between some of the folks on here bashing schultz and grren and BB, who has them as top pairing. Personally, I know who's judgement I go with...

Posted by: mikebrady1 | October 17, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

I too don't get the Nylander situation...must be some ugly behind the scenes.

Posted by: capper3 | October 17, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

totally agree - that is one great 4th line

Posted by: cstanton1 | October 17, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

LMAO you know how many goals the preds have scored this season in TOTAL??? any defensive pair that gives up 3 goals in a game to them does NOT belong in the NHL.

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

One thing about having 55 with 52 is at least they have 1 dman who can carry the pick out of the zone. Don't want two liabilities back there.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

true...the preds do suck. So its agreed then..if Green-Schultz end up a -3 its off to Hershey for both of em!

Posted by: cstanton1 | October 17, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Unless the minus 3 is cause the other six goals they were on for were on the pp.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

I don't know why some of you people even bother watching sports if all you expect is bad things to happen

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Lighten up cstanton1. You are in full negative mode. Green and Schultz were paired together often last season. I don'tthimk there is a single dman that you approve of on the Caps.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | October 17, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

We ought to have a separate "whiner" board for you all to go to. This is starting to get tiresome here.

Posted by: Sonyask | October 17, 2009 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | October 17, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

you shouldn't assume. I like Mo, I like many aspects of Jurcina and Erskine's game. I think Mike Green can be a dynamite player if he put more balance into his game and quit trying to just be an offensive highlight reel. I'm looking forward to Carlson. I hope Schultz keeps adding strength and improving his game since we're sorta stuck with him.

Posted by: cstanton1 | October 17, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Well it sure is great to read something positive from you. I don't think your analysis is bad or useless but it is exhaustingly critical and a real downer on game day.

Posted by: Capsyoungguns | October 17, 2009 6:37 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Bobby Orr would have been good enough for some Caps fans... LOL

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Awww! Caraveli, it's nice to know you missed me. ;) LET'S GO CAPS!!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

I really wish the Green and Semin haters would give it a rest. Just get a life and relax and enjoy hockey but don't live it.

Posted by: dccitizen1 | October 17, 2009 6:53 PM | Report abuse

Capsyoungguns:
i used to think cstanton1 was nothing but critical of players he doesn't care for - but i try to read past the seeming negative tone that comes through at times. i'm not sure green/schultz as #1 pair makes sense. on most nights schultz plays like a 3rd pair guy. don't get me wrong - i actually like schultz and think he'll continue to improve - i'd like to see him finish some hits a little better.
maybe this pairing will force green to make sure he covers his position if kevin lowe is not in attendance.

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | October 17, 2009 6:53 PM | Report abuse

its about time for CSN to 86 this football game

Posted by: griz0615 | October 17, 2009 6:57 PM | Report abuse

someone must have been listening (reading) :-)

Posted by: griz0615 | October 17, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

I had $ in the rough riders!!! Who won????

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 7:08 PM | Report abuse

AHHHH where is Joe B??!!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 7:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh gosh, Al Koken and his screaming. I like Al but not doing play by play.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 7:10 PM | Report abuse

What is going on with moible site? T/L can you see about getting it fixed? its been down for a few days and reading this blog on my phone is a pain w/o the mobile site.
Thanks!

Posted by: kmr2r | October 17, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Any time I see Barry trots I laugh

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

two shorthanded breakaways in one pp.. not sure when was the last time I saw that...

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

AHHHH where is Joe B??!!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 7:08 PM | Report abuse

I would check Versus to see if he has a game....IF DIRECTV WOULD GIVE ME THE CHANNEL!!!

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

OVIEEEE

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Those one timers are so freakin hard to do...

Look for makeup calls soon

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 7:17 PM | Report abuse

so many scoring chances for the caps...MAKE THEM PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Awesome Varly!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

dcsportsfan1:
hahaha
ended in a 44 all tie
did you at least win the over/under? :)

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | October 17, 2009 7:22 PM | Report abuse

A tie!!! Lame.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 7:25 PM | Report abuse

WOW...this team really sucks. Can we please put them to bed early?

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse

is Ryan Suter any relation to Gary Suter who used to play for the Flames?

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

is Ryan Suter any relation to Gary Suter who used to play for the Flames?

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

I think thats a nephew to uncle thing.

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

wow...he good

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Ovechkin WILL get a hat trick tonight, for sure!!! so amazing!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

I know it's not really important, but am I the only one that doesn't like those red things between the glass?

Go Ovi, # 2

Posted by: superpaqman | October 17, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

OV sucks, we need to trade him and Semin, and Green, and hell, let's just reset the team...Oh wait we are winning... Belay that order!

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Roving, unfortunately Ov has a no trade clause. We are stuck with him.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 17, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Damn! What was GMGM thinking!

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Hey everyone,

I used to watch all the games online last year but I cant remember the website i purchased a subscription from. It wasn't NHL gamecenter because of their stupid blackout policy. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Posted by: czechsmix | October 17, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

I loveeee Varly's game face!! So intense! =)

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

czechsmix- Nice name! very cute. :)

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 7:52 PM | Report abuse

rovingbandit/dcsportsfan1:
contraction for the caps solves the NTCs - could get rid of both ovi and nyls. GMGM could be a PR guy - mostly double talk anyway. BB could be a motivational speaker for mercedes

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | October 17, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

var-LA-mov has been SOLID!!!

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

BB did handle that impromptu press conference at the dealer like a pro.

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

czechsmix:
could it have been - http://www.hockeystreams.com

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | October 17, 2009 7:57 PM | Report abuse

czechsmix:
you could also try atdhe.com
i've used both for the games on versus (d*mn them and direct tv)
i'll be using atdhe the next time if i need to

Posted by: Capt_Kirk_in_AZ | October 17, 2009 8:00 PM | Report abuse

i wish people acknowledged ovie's passing more....as I listen to them talk about how good semin's game is...and it is....Ovie has been adding piece to the overall skill puzzle as well. Sometimes his passing is real impresive. If he shot less (please NO) and looked to pass as much as Crysby then he would be in the running to lead in assists.

Posted by: bryaningrocery | October 17, 2009 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bryaningrocery | October 17, 2009 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Cool, I will acknowledge that he has improved every year he has been in the league (this is not a points measurement, its what I see) and I acknowledge that he is currently the greatest player that the Caps has ever had, and has the potential to be the greatest to ever play this game. Oh and he passes good to. I am happy to count myself a WITNESS!

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Awww Holtby has such a cute mask!!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Bears update:
Binghamton 2- Hershey 2, midway thru the 2nd period.
Neuvy is in goal.
Goals by Giroux and Carlson.

Posted by: tess2201 | October 17, 2009 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Ok, they scored, is that what we were waiting for? Shea W. is good, Jason A. is good, otherwise we should CRUSH THESE GUYS!

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 8:23 PM | Report abuse

that went in?

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I went downstairs to microwave some food and we are tied? W...T...F

...and now they are on the PP

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 8:30 PM | Report abuse

You will not like the replays.

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 8:31 PM | Report abuse

The second goal on Varly was ugly. It was a very soft goal.

Posted by: realoldcapsfan | October 17, 2009 8:43 PM | Report abuse

You will not like the replays.

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 8:31 PM | Report abuse

you're right, and this team is right back on track to PISS ME OFF!!!

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 8:45 PM | Report abuse

The goal was soft BUT Shultz should have clear the puck!!!

Posted by: Tondi | October 17, 2009 8:46 PM | Report abuse

Definitely a soft goal but Schultz made a soft clear along the boards right to a Predator.

There were 2 Caps in no man's land watching Shultz make the soft clear.

Then, it was a flukey prayer of a shot that I think deflected off somebody.

All that said, Varlamov has to expect the unexpected and be in position. He has kept us in the game despite plenty of defensive breakdowns. If he can lock it down from here on in, he's been great despite the softie.

Posted by: tmac2yao | October 17, 2009 8:48 PM | Report abuse

tmac, you are correct. The goal did deflect off somebody, Varly.

Posted by: realoldcapsfan | October 17, 2009 8:51 PM | Report abuse

And on that first goal, Varlamov was in pretty good position. He came out high to cut off a lot of the net. It was a perfect shot. One of our forwards failed to backcheck and pick up Weber.

Posted by: tmac2yao | October 17, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

First goal was a busted backcheck. The second one Varly did not seal off the post, and committed to the centering pass. The fluke shot bounced off of him and went in.

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 8:55 PM | Report abuse

Would you just look at this?

They are a different team, confident.

Who put that thought in their head?

Us

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 8:58 PM | Report abuse

The most dangerous team in hockey is the second-rate team you give a chance.

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

that checking line just missed on a beautiful passing play

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

based on whats been going on this period, that hooking call on backs is a bad call

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 9:09 PM | Report abuse

ted has had himself cloned, that dude to his left IS that clone.

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Did we really have to gift the Preds a point?

Posted by: rovingbandit | October 17, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe we're going to OT against the Predators...

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 9:27 PM | Report abuse

That second goal deflected off somebody's leg before getting to Varlamov. The bird's eye view showed it. It was a soft goal but also flukey and bad defensive play.

Posted by: tmac2yao | October 17, 2009 9:27 PM | Report abuse

come on, let's win!! OV TIME!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Bears win! 3-2 in OT. Goal Giroux.

Posted by: tess2201 | October 17, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Ellis nearly gave up an equally soft goal. About half an inch from deflecting in.

Posted by: tmac2yao | October 17, 2009 9:34 PM | Report abuse

YEAH Bears! Now come on Caps! Varly's FIRST shootout ever, hope he's not too nervous.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Ha...BB didnt like that last SO by Semin

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Come on Varly, I am counting on U

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 9:39 PM | Report abuse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO HATS ON THE SO, C'MON

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 9:39 PM | Report abuse

gorgeous goal, do that more often!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Ellis is going to have time to search for his DRAWZ though...

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 9:40 PM | Report abuse

geez, why don't these people wait for a real hat trick before throwing their hats...

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 9:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad some D.C. area team won tonight. We'll take the win and the two points.

Posted by: Terptwin | October 17, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO HATS ON THE SO, C'MON

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr

Fans, if this happens again, please don't throw hats on the ice. It wasn't even a hat trick. I sure Varly and the rest of the Caps were ticked at that.

Posted by: TheSmurfs | October 17, 2009 9:45 PM | Report abuse

I really appreciate the work JoeB does on the broadcasts, but it is a real pleasure to listen to Al Koken call a Caps game.

Posted by: LouLewis | October 17, 2009 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Big for Varly to get that win. Soft goal or not...he stopped 3 breakaways in reg and all 3 in shootout. Solid night. We definitely should have buried a few more chances, although Knubs was darn close on a couple. Ovie does it all, 9 goals and 16 points in 8 games.

2 points is 2 points. I swear I saw Schultz hit some people tonight or maybe I was just watching "Paranormal Activity" and not knowing it...

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | October 17, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

wtf_e_fehr- don't be like sidney crosby

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

I am gonna probably get bashed for saying this, but I have to say it. Chris Clark adds nothing to this team. He can't finish, he can't stick handle, he is slow, he just looks awful. I would rather have Nylander in the line up. I know he is a great team guy, but I just see him taking a spot for someone else who could contribute a lot more that he will.

Posted by: TheSmurfs | October 17, 2009 9:50 PM | Report abuse

LouLewis- seriously, i like al but i think he shouts too much and it gives me a heart attack! i really like joe benninati.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Varlamov was awesome tonight, despite that 2nd goal.

On top of stopping what was effectively 6 breakaways between regulation and the shootout, he made a number of other key saves.

Posted by: tmac2yao | October 17, 2009 9:55 PM | Report abuse

wtf_e_fehr- don't be like sidney crosby

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

?

Posted by: wtf_e_fehr | October 17, 2009 9:56 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather have them call up Jay Beagle than play Clark or Nylander.

Fans are wrong to throw the hats on during the shootout...not right for shooter or goalie to have to wait extra time for something that does not count as a goal. It's nice that he does the work in the shootout too tonight (sick move too) but don't throw the hats unless it's a real hat trick.

Posted by: Davethecapsfan | October 17, 2009 9:59 PM | Report abuse

wtf_e_fehr- Complaining about hats being thrown, but I was just kidding. I agree it was kinda stupid to throw the hats on a shootout "goal."

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 10:01 PM | Report abuse

DC is a hockey town now cuz people threw their hats on a shootout goal!

Posted by: rachel216 | October 17, 2009 10:02 PM | Report abuse

@thesmurfs: i'm gonna have to agree with you on that one.AND TARIK: WHAT STUPID QUESTION YOU GONNA ASK BB TO PISS HIM OFF.CAUSE DUDE,YOU DO ASK SOME STUPID QUESTIONS ON INTERVIEWS.BUT ALL IN ALL,I LIKE YOUR WORK AND YOUR POST'S. GO CAPS!!

Posted by: gratefuldid | October 17, 2009 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Shootout goals don't count in the players regular season goal total do they? If they do, they shouldn't. I don't think that's a hat trick.

But who cares? Ovie is a force of nature. All three of his goals tonight were remarkable.

Posted by: mcasady | October 17, 2009 10:18 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Bobby Orr would have been good enough for some Caps fans... LOL

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 6:40 PM |

joek443. HOW TRUE!!! LOL

Posted by: opita1 | October 17, 2009 10:58 PM | Report abuse

POSTGAME THOUGHTS:
Tough to see a two-goal lead disappear but a win is a win. Nice job by Varly tonight despite the fluky goal. You learn from it but he was money in the shootout.

Ovie - no need for words. He continues to do what he does. Score goals.

A good effort tonight. Varly couldn't do anything on the first goal.

Knuble I'm sure was beside himself for those two late scoring chances he nearly had. Give it up for Nashville's goalie Ellis. I saw that kid in person a couple times when he was with Idaho in the ECHL. He's huge and those big legs can come up big.

Another two points. A nice 4-day stretch to re-focus, Theo to heal up, and hit the road. Gearing up for ATL. Gotta slow down Kovalchuk and the Thrashers.

Ice Breakers. Goal Shakers.

Posted by: Jonathan6 | October 17, 2009 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Am sure I am sitting next to a Schultz basher: think the dude had a pretty decent game however when there was ONE instance where a Green pass was behind him and hit him in the skates with the puck going backwards the dude yells "Schultz go forward not backward you bum". Idiot fan. I assume he is on here.

Posted by: ralCapsFan | October 17, 2009 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Brendan Morrison has been a great addition not only on but off the ice. Go to the Caps website and watch his post game interview. He makes some great points, hopefully others listen to him.

Posted by: ThePat | October 17, 2009 11:34 PM | Report abuse

great time at the verizon center tonight. the one thing that concerns me is giving up 2 short handed break aways to the predators on the same PP. We did the same thing vs the Rangers. Something needs to be done to fix that. Other than that, great game and another win!

Posted by: capsfansince74 | October 17, 2009 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Watched the game. It was starting to become a replay of our game with the Devils. Up 2-0. Let them tie it up. Fortunately, the shootout went better for us.

Observations: Ovi was great -- he was basically our entire offense.

We had a jillion shots on goal but had major trouble finishing. Obviously, Nashville's goalie has improved his goals against and save percentage by a lot.

I notice the third line was basically fired today. They barely appeared after some point. (The last time I recall seeing Clark was when he was on ice with the 2nd line cast of characters.) Is the third line now the fourth line (and vice versa)?

Posted by: CapsFan75 | October 17, 2009 11:44 PM | Report abuse

@capsfansince74

From your screen name, I see you've been a Caps fan longer than I. (I missed out on the horrible first season, as I was away at college and was unaware that Washington even had a hockey team.)

I started going to games the next year. My first Caps game was a 2-0 loss, with Bernie Wolfe in goal. (My then boyfriend suggested going to the game and I consented. As for the boyfriend, we got married the next year and we're still together.)

Posted by: CapsFan75 | October 17, 2009 11:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: capsfansince74 | October 17, 2009 11:44 PM | Report abuse

as long as they have OV playing the point on the PP, something like that is gonna keep happening. That's why I've never been a big fan of forwards playing the point.

Posted by: joek443 | October 17, 2009 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Glad the Bears won also. I was starting to sing songs like "Where has all the offense gone" and "Where oh where has the offense gone? Oh where oh where can it be?...."

Rachel, you should be happy. Your boy was great at goal!

Posted by: CapsFan75 | October 17, 2009 11:55 PM | Report abuse

I read the following on a Star Trek related site:

"On Tuesday residents of Moscow, Russia looked up and thought that they just might be the site of an alien invasion, not unlike those portrayed in Independence Day. This was due to a very strange ‘optical effect’ which looked like a circular cloud formation..."

And guess what network was reporting about it. Yes, none other than Russia Today, the same people responsible for some of Ovi's interviews during the off season.

Note: the Caps have done better since Tuesday. Any alien interest in our team. Or interest from the future?

Posted by: CapsFan75 | October 17, 2009 11:59 PM | Report abuse