Update on Green, Poti and Fedorov

Mike Green just said he feels "great" and hopes to play tonight against the Sens. But before he receives medical clearance, the defenseman said he's got to take a strength test.

Tom Poti also said he feels good enough to play after taking yesterday off to rest his sore groin muscle.

Just in case one of them can't go tonight, the plan as of right now is for Sean Collins to take the warmup.

Sergei Fedorov, meantime, came off after only a few minutes this morning. But since Oskar Osala is skating with the other injured players, that leads to me to believe Fedorov might be ready to play.

I'll have more later.

By Tarik El-Bashir  |  December 12, 2008; 10:48 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Injury Update
Next: Boudreau On Tonight's Lineup

Comments

Oooh, fingers crossed on Green!!!

Posted by: irockthered | December 12, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

"But since Oskar Osala is skating with the other injured players, that leads to me to believe Fedorov might be ready to play."

Admit it, you have fun driving the bog crazy.

Posted by: Section117 | December 12, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the update...I just wish we could find room for Collins...He's been sooooo solid the last couple of games... A few times caught a little out of position but over all no glarring errors....Do like the fact that Green is getting close. That'll should really help our power play out after he gets back in the swing of things...we'll see.

GO CAPS!

Posted by: rdiehljr | December 12, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Tarik, did erskine skate at all today? updates please

Posted by: _stevo | December 12, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I like Collins slightly ahead of Sloan to be honest. Collins doesn't have to clear waivers though probably.

Posted by: rh71 | December 12, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Tarik, you tease!

Posted by: JohninMpls | December 12, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

If Green can lift his heavy contract...I say he's ready to go.

Posted by: SA-Town | December 12, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

stevo

I'd bet if Erskine skated we'd know about it.

Erskine's injury worries me quite a bit.

As for the rest of the news. I agree with everyone else. No more tease. Green: "I feel great" I like. "Osala skates with other injureds" I no like. Means either Osala is hurt, or Feds is ready. Or neither, or both. *goes in corner to cry like Emo-Kid Danny Briere.*

Anyone else see CAR hat a 5-1 lead after 2 last night, and LOST. Was a good night for SE otherwise. TB won, FLA won. San Jose has 48 points already. that's just sick.

Posted by: FFSEnough | December 12, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

come on federov - tonight is your night to shine!

Posted by: capsfansince74 | December 12, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

@rdiehljr: I'm more inclined to hold Green out tonight and spring him on the Habs (surprise!) but that's just me.

As for Collins - for my lights, Sloan, Collins, and Alzner have all been upgrades on the blueline. I want to keep them all. :)

Posted by: kittypawz | December 12, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Whoops, forgot to add the original comment. Power play is at 38.9% over the last five games. How do we upgrade that? o.o

Posted by: kittypawz | December 12, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

I just hope its not too soon then he gets hurt again and is out even longer.

Posted by: HBFan | December 12, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Per Corey Masiak at the Times:
After talking with Boudreau, "Green and Fedorov are both likely to play tonight. They will take the warmup and go from there. That said, Boudreau said they haven't decided if Oskar Osala and Sean Collins are sticking around for another day or not yet."
Also, Johnny is in net tonight.

Posted by: jsaltman | December 12, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

According to Corey at the Times (after talking with BB), "Green and Fedorov are both likely to play tonight. They will take the warmup and go from there. That said, Boudreau said they haven't decided if Oskar Osala and Sean Collins are sticking around for another day or not yet." Also, Johnny is starting in net tonight.

Posted by: jsaltman | December 12, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Sorry for the multiple posts. My browser was having some issues.

Posted by: jsaltman | December 12, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Aw, c'mon Feds -- I've missed you so much!

Posted by: jen-s | December 12, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AleksanderOMunchkin | December 12, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

I saw the Philly comeback yesterday. Even though I hate Philly and Pittsburgh more than any other teams in the Conference it was nice to see Carolina lose one of the points they were poised to get.

Oh man, watching the warm-up to see who's gonna go, as a fan is cool. During the warm-up on Wednesday I though Semin was hopping and looked like a sure thing. Poti on the other hand looked like he wasn't too sure. When they came out for the game it was fun too because I sit in 430 so I see the Caps numbers as they come out of the tunnel. It was cool to see 3 and 28 come out. Hopefully we'll see 52 and 91 also. If not, we're still going to win tonight. The call-ups will be excited that their still here, and the team will know that 52 and 91 are very close. This team is about to explode. AWESOME!

Posted by: fanohock1 | December 12, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse