Video: Mike Wise Says It's Not Over

Only 8.7 percent of teams (20 of 229) who have trailed 3-1 in a best-of-seven series have come back to win.

The numbers aren't very promising, but Post columnist Mike Wise is rather confident in Washington's chances of rallying against the Rangers. What do you think, can they do it? Or does Mike's foolish optimism stem from a popcorn grease overdose?

Tell Mike what you think by recording a response with your webcam. We'll publish an excerpt of the best response in Friday's paper.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 23, 2009; 8:37 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Reading List: Game 4 Aftermath
Next: Mike Green Nominated for Norris Trophy

Comments

Teams that win get production from more than just the top two lines. I'm thinking about guys like Darren McCarty, Kris Draper, Bobby Holik, Jay Pandolfo, John Madden, and Mike Keane. We are getting zero offense out Steckel, Gordon, Bradley and Fehr. That has to change.

Posted by: Kirg | April 23, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

I was listening to XM NHL this a.m.

Denis Potvin had some harsh works for Avery. He said he was a punk..he should be suspended for the butt end...espcially with the high stick right after.

He also said he hopes that Avery blows the series for the Rangers...and that Torts has no control over him, and wont be able to bench him even though he wants to.

How that wasnt a double minor or a 5 minute major with blood dripping is beyond me...

Posted by: SA-Town | April 23, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

rangerfan44: so all of the nationwide articles about how lundqvist stood on his head to yet again to beat an offensively superior team is BS. A goalie doesn't get the accolades that Lundqvist is/has been getting by making 30+ routine "clawless" saves. Yes the Caps need to generate more traffic but Lundqvist made unbelievable saves while being screened in the 2nd. Not sure if MSG channel or Versus was giving live action views from behind the Rangers net in the 2nd but Comcast here in DC was. There were a comple of sequences where Lundqvist made saves on shots that he did not see. Again, I won't take anything away from Lundqvist, good positioning by the goaltender is key to have shots hit you when you can't see them. Out of the Caps 39 shots at least 25 of them were good quality shots that Lundqvist made nice saves on. Remember, a great goalie, especially when hot, can make great shots look routine.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 23, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

somebody tell me why the hell fleishmann is on the first PP and not laich

Posted by: _stevo | April 23, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

@steveo

I agree..Flash and Fehr were deer in headlights last night. I would hope that Nylander gets back in..not because I think he can do better...but we've lost games 1-0, 2-1, and we all know that we HAVE to find a way to score 3-4 goals to win. It's just not happening right now.

Posted by: SA-Town | April 23, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Comments on the Bears from John Walton:

Still no update on the status of Kronwall; got hit at/near the end with a stick blade.

Posted by: tess2201 | April 23, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Correction:
that should read Kronwall got hit at/near the EYE with a stick blade.

Posted by: tess2201 | April 23, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

I hope you're right.

Posted by: ejohnsto | April 23, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Henrik has played well, but the caps are making him look like God.
they don't generate traffic, they don't set up in the crease and they try too pass through too many sticks. The most important aspect, however, is the lack of speed. Chicago and Calgary are F L Y I N G around on the ice. The lack of speed and urgency slows the game down and allows the goalie and defense to get ready for shots that come without screens and from above the dots. 39 shots don't matter when there are no deflections, rebounds or screens.

As for personnel, it's easy to see who isn't bringing it. I dont notice Fehr, all 6'4" of him. when I do, it's because he's shooting from 40 feet away with no one near the net like he's ovechkin. You all can have fun naming the others.

Can they? Yes. Will they? They don't seem to want it bad enough to get their hands dirty or their faces bloody.

Too much time on too many hands; not enough, ladies, too many mans.

Posted by: oo7 | April 23, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

If they play their inspired game. I think they can do it.

Posted by: ridgely1 | April 23, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Since wise said we have a chance, I think the Caps are definetely done now. How the hell do you let the Rangers come in and take the first two games. Inexcusable, and the Caps are paying for it now BIG TIME. What a disappointment this season will be...sigh

Posted by: reesem37 | April 23, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Agree with 007's comments.

Not enough traffic in front of the net .... in fact, very little crashing of the net at all. Too many shots from 40ft away, etc. Lundqvist is good, but this ice-dancing approach by the Caps makes him look invincible.

Bottom line ... the Caps are looking more and more like a team built for the regular season, and not for the playoffs. The game changes in the playoffs, and the Caps can't (or won't) make the necessary adjustments. Very disappointing to see them as a 2-seed, falling to a 7-seed and last year falling as a 3-seed to a 6-seed. Honestly, I think they are better than the Rangers this year, and were better than the Flyers last year ... yet, nothing to show for it.

Posted by: PensFan98 | April 23, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

As a Ranger fan I agree this series is far from over. In the past two years by this stage of the first round the opponents Thrashers and Devils were shell shocked and you knew they were cooked. But the Rangers are just hanging on here.

I thought the Rangers could beat the Caps for two reasons. At season's end, the top two lines were hot. But then Drury broke his hand or wrist before the series and they don't have two lines who can score, although somehow he did in the last game. They were playing Theodore who would give up three goals a game. But they are playing Varlamov who is giving up up one goal a game on average.

It gets worse. Zherdev, their main scoring threat during the year, has gone into a coma and had to be benched for nearly all of the last game. Avery has lost his marbles and now for the first time in three years, he's hurting the team, which is the reason he got run out of LA. What's saving them is Lundqvist playing out of his mind and the best two PKs on the planet, Betts and Sjostrom, not cracking under the pressure.

I don't know what happened to Nylander. Two years ago he was unstoppable leading the Rangers in the playoffs with six goals and seven assists in 10 games. When he was benched, that drew a sigh of relief from Ranger fans because his specialty is to hit the open man in traffic and in a close game he may only have to do that once.

Posted by: idov | April 23, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Caps need to show a little more passion and emotion. Avery takes a few runs and the post game interviews everyones like, "Well, we'll take the power plays but I don't know if he's playing dirty, I think he's just playing hard." Playing hard??? Grow a pair! this is the playoffs. It's time to get in their faces!

Posted by: cappies | April 23, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

The Rangers play the most god awful boring hockey on earth.

There, I said it. And yes, it irks me that the Caps are losing to a quasi trap team.

Posted by: RedBirdie | April 23, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

We are the Ottawa Senators from a couple years ago...great regular season...crappy playoff team! No grit...terrible starting goalie(theo) and absolutely no secondary scoring. Where's Fleischman, Fehr, Gordan, Steckel, Fedorov, Bradley...is Eric Fehr even playing in this series? Fleischman hasn't scored since December! Why are they even playing? Who wouldn't rather have a 40 year old Gary Roberts and Mark Recci than those 2 bums?- all availble at the trade deadline...hell even Antropov is better than Fehr. This is embarrassing, and I'm upset, but not surprised. First round exit was predictable the way this team is built...built for fun during the regular season...pedestrian playoff team.

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 23, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Even if the Caps don't go beyond this series - the season was not a disappointment. They gave us a winning season and exciting hockey with the promise of that continuing. They're our team and they have done well - perhaps not what we had all hoped for (and it ain't over yet) - but they are not a disappointment.

Posted by: hersheybearfan | April 23, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

@idov

We have tried to restrain vs. Avery...Not so sure he is a safe man in the first 5 minutes on Friday.

No better way to get the Verizon Center rockin, then to take him out...Im assuming a butt-end to the face only gets two minutes, so that will work just fine with us.

In all seriousness, I dont think we want to try and hurt him, but I think someone needs to mix it up. We would all be laughing at Avery if we could of only made the Rags pay on the Power Play...

Posted by: SA-Town | April 23, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I will say if any team could come back it would be the Caps. But it's time to throw caution to the wind and starting sacrificing themselves in the corners for loose pucks. Green has veered away from these plays all series. (At least he's kept his faux hawk well kept.)

Posted by: cappies | April 23, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

does mike green know there is a playoff series going on?

Posted by: _stevo | April 23, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

I hate saying this stuff but it's true...Green looks like he's got a hang over out there.

Posted by: cappies | April 23, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

rantdino:

dude, you are a serious megalomaniac!! i am sure you are crushed that your boy-love Varly let in a softie. 2:23 minute video and i bet we will have a new tome posted here at some point today.

i agree with cstanton from a post last night: lets just be honest about this team, they can't stay motivated and don't have the desire to win in the postseason right now.

Posted by: doughless | April 23, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

If the caps don't get out of the first round of the playoffs against a weaker team, then yes, the season has been a disappointment. Yea, so what the Caps won 50 games this year. The Rags squeaked into the playoffs and are beating a team that had 50 WINS! It's even more of a disappointment when you know a team is that much better but cannot seem to find it in themselves to win a big game. I'm not giving up hope yet, cause for the Rangers to win this series Lundqvist is gonna have to steal another one. The scary part is I know he's fully capable of doing it. You heard it here first...CAPS in 7. Do the damn thing. Greenie and Fehr need to step it up. At this point I say you throw Clarkie and Nylander in...whats the worst that could happen? The Caps lose in 5? I can't take much more of this DISAPPOINTMENT.

Posted by: reesem37 | April 23, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone else think that Laich may be hurt? Lately he hasn't been crashing the net as much as he used too.

Posted by: Tracy2117 | April 23, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Listen, the Caps absolutely have a chance. That said, they have to play more inspired throughout the game. The Rangers dominated the first 10 minutes, granted they didn't score but the Caps have to do better than that. Also, I think the power play needs a fresh look/new approach. The overpassing/low percentage stuff is getting absurd. SHOOT THE PUCK! From Everywhere! With the skill on this team they should post 40+ shots a night!

Posted by: chasedano@gmail.com | April 23, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

That being said...Lundquist is incredible...apparently we needed to put 80 shots against him to get 2 goals last night!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 23, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

OK, I am going to ask all of the experts that keep saying that the Caps are built for the regular season and not the playoffs what they mean. Please tell me. If I hear they need to have players like Roberts I am going to puke, no one else picked up Roberts either. The knock on the Caps was that they didn't have the D to compete. Well the shots, and scoring chances are down and even with Theo's cheese game the Caps have given up a grand total of 7 goals in 4 games, so the D isn't the problem. Scoring seems to be the problem now and they are peppering the heck out of Lundqvist. If he were asked he'd probably say he stopped at least 10 shots he didn't even see last night just by being positioned right.

The Caps haven't given up yet so even though I am upset (can't even sleep upset) that we are down 3-1, I am not upset with the Caps like I have Caps teams of the past. One man, again, one man, needs to be solved by the Caps. If not for Lundqvist this series would probably be over. Now the boys just need to focus on Friday and go from there. Rather than mad at this group of Caps, I feel for them.

Unfortunately I think Feds is done because he looks very slow and tired. Koz looks about the same. As many have said Flash and Fehr are no shows. Beyond them, the rest of the boys have been laying it out there and controlling all 4 games. It's really funny how hockey is a game of inches. OV's game two crossbar ends up 2 1/2 inches lower and in the net the Caps probably take game 2, the two SOLID shots off the post are 2 1/2 inches to the inside we win 3-2, and not talking inches, but if Varly plays game 1 instead of Theo, we probably would have closed the Rangers out yesterday.

If you guys are real fans you can be mad, hell I got in trouble because the F-bomb echoed through my house last night and my wife wasn't happy with me, but don't give up on these guys. There aren't the grinder "Caps hockey" teams of the past that you knew couldn't compete in the playoffs. We had grit guys back then that couldn't advance.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 23, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

What is so frustrating is knowing that they should be winning but aren't; and can win, but probably won't. They need to somehow develop a strong work ethic for all games and all periods. Probably too late for that this year.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

>>Where's Fleischman, Fehr, Gordon, Steckel, Fedorov, Bradley...

I'm sorry, who?
If you take the best two shifts each of those guys played last night, it doesn't add up to a hardhat finalist.

Posted by: redlineblue | April 23, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

The Caps lack veterans who make a difference on the ice. I'm not even sure Fedorov and Kozlov lead in the locker room; they sure as hell don't do it on the ice. Who's gonna lead this team. They need a veteran presence on the blue-line, someone to calm them down, like a Neidermeyer or Pronger. The Caps have no one like that. This team really misses a healthy Clark, and the lack of secondary scoring is killing them. I still think the Caps can do it. Lundqvist is gonna have to play like this one more time for the Rags to take this thing. Boston will sweep them by the way, if the Caps can't pull this out.

Posted by: reesem37 | April 23, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

@cstanton1 and doughless: How about a wager? I will bet each of you a pizza ($15) that the Caps come back and win this series. If you want in let me know, and I swear, if they get eliminated by the Rangers I will be on this post the next day to get your info to send you a check. I expect the same though. Let me know if you're in. I look forward to enjoying my two pies for game 1 between the Caps and Devils or Caps and Penguins.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 23, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

@fanohock

If we took 3-1 last year vs Philly to OT game seven, it can happen again.

Just got look at it one game at a time.

Im trying to except we are going to lose the series now...everything else from here on out is gravy in my book...

Posted by: SA-Town | April 23, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I'd rather just end the misery Friday than get back to a game 7 and lose again. Unfortunately my crystal ball isn't working, so I'll just have to root for them in 5 and 6, and pray for the best in 7.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

@cstanton1 and doughless: I don't have a crystal ball, or claim to have inside information. I just faith that this team is capable of coming back to win this series. It's gotta be a win-win for you guys. If you have to pay out that means your team got to the 2nd round. If I have to pay out at least you got a pie out of the deal.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 23, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

The Rangers are awful...we outshot them 19-4 in one period. If I was a Rangers fan I wouldn't be saying anything, blind luck has them where they are. The only bright spot in that whole line-up is that movie star Lundqvist. What a joke.

Posted by: reesem37 | April 23, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

The sense of urgency, the sense that every puck is mine was missing last nite. Terribly disappointing. I would bring Aucoin back up and sit Flash or Bradley, its a no-brainer to me. However, the lack of securing an additional/better defenseman or a grittier forward was a decision made at trade time, not in the last 10 days, we're just paying for it now.

Posted by: melissa2809 | April 23, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

The way the series is going, we should sit back, get outworked and win 3 games in a row 1-0.

Posted by: SA-Town | April 23, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

The Rangers look like those scrappy Caps teams from the 80's & 90's. Lots of decent players vs. a vastly superior & skilled team.

However, playoffs are different than regular season like some have said above & u need to make adjustment shift to shift.

Problems:
1) generate traffic in front of their goalie
2) win more faceoffs
3) dump & chase

Are these fixable? You don't change the team's euro style overnight.

The faceoff losses are killing us in crucial moments. It determines puck possession from the outset of the play & puts immediate pressure on the opposing team.

I really thought our superior talent would overcome a lot of the so-called playoff style hockey.

It seems BB has shorten his bench (like most coaches) during the playoffs & is not utilizing all his players. While Steckel seem to have disappeared, his line is not being used except for maybe 2x a period.

BB needs to roll it out there like last spring. All 4 lines.

It saves OV & his mates some gas for the end of each period.

Posted by: Rocc00 | April 23, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

This team was pretty much outplayed in the first four games against Philly last year and still bounced back to get it to a seventh game. No reason this team can't do it too. We are far from getting outplayed this year.

Not that I will feel any better about losing the series if it comes down to that. This series has been so much more frustrating that the Flyers series a year ago, I mean we've given up a total of three goals in the last three games, and only one win to show for it.

Posted by: cassini | April 23, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I disagree w/ the statement that the sense of urgency is not there.
When you are getting outshot by 50, 1 team surely has the puck for the better part of most games.

So it's not a puck possession problem or getting to the puck for the Caps.

We're getting beat by 1 goal in each of the losses.

It maybe errors tactically or technically in causing traffic in from of their goalie but to say that we are not trying is false.

& save for the first game, the defense has played terrifically. U don't outshoot the other team by 50 & not give some credit to the dee.

They won last night's game on 2 lucky goals. & us ringing the post a couple of times!
Lets not lose perspective on who was the better team last night.

Since they only count the scoreboard - we have 1 more game to see if luck will finally smile on us.
As the Rangers know all too well - it's better to be lucky than good.

Posted by: Rocc00 | April 23, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Yes, yes, yes...Henrik is dynamite. But I don't see that as a reason for being down 3-1 and I think it is a bit of a copout.
The issue in Game 4 was maturity and focus.
G1: Clearly a goaltending issue.
G2: Perimeter shooting and thinking they could skate by people 1:1 and beat the goaltender. Not playoff hockey. BB and/or the players hadn't woken up yet. It seems that if the Caps can't beat you by skill alone, they don't know what to do.
G3: NY had a little less edge, but this game was truly well-played, playoff hockey by the Caps. They "got it".
G4: A mystery. They forgot everything they learned in G3. They come out flat in a game that was surely gonna turn the series. All the pundits point to Game 5s as being the turning point in a series? To me, it's Game 4. Most series worth a darn are 2 games to 1 going into Game 4. The difference between 2-2 and 3-1 IS the series. That said, why were the Caps so lethargic? Green was sleepwalking. Their passes to each other were mis-firing, they just had no urgency. Watch the Ducks and the other veteran teams. There is no lapse in concentration. The Caps woke up mid-game, which is too late in the playoffs. The Rangers aren't Southeast division doormats. We're not gonna beat them playing at 85% and waiting for Green to pot one from the point. Game 3 was the recipe and we went out in Game 4 and forgot that, going back to our season-long tendency to phone it in, which works against the Thrashers and Lightning, but not the Rangers.

Posted by: cwallop1 | April 23, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

rocco,
i have anothe suggestion. when green and or others skate into the offensive zone, stop with the big windup slapshot. first, it gives the rags defense ample time to block your shot. second, if the puck does get through, there is a pretty good chance the shot will not be on net. and even if it is, thre is a 98% chance that shot wont go in and therefore no sportscenter highlight.

skate in, fake a shot, make a move or throw a quick snap/wrist shot and hope for a deflection or rebound. worked for ovie and it worked for the rangers.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 23, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

I don't know - maybe the Rangers were "lucky" last night. But they are beating us because they have been more consistent and have put themselves in the best position to take advantage of any luck that comes their way. A really good team should be able to play well enough to overcome bad breaks, poor ref'ing, etc.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

For more optomism: The Caps have won 3 (or more) in a row 9 times this season. It's not like that can't string them together. The Rangers have lost 3 in a row on 4 occasions this season. See...it's not out of the question.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 23, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

@dcsportsfan Agreed about stopping the windup slapshot. It really pained me to see some of the rebounds that the "king" gave up, only to have no Cap anywhere near the vicinity.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Rocc00: Not saying we're not trying.

Posted by: melissa2809 | April 23, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I had to weigh in. Some of the comments are pretty pathetic. For the record, those of you who choose to call the ENTIRE season a waste, should eat their words. How's this? If you guys/girls are so ready to call it quits on our team, why don't you suit up? Maybe YOU could do better than our team? I'd laugh at that. As a fan, your only job really is to support team, good or bad. The second you start mouthing off on the team or a player or two, you stop doing YOUR job, and you start looking pathetic. Ease up on the guys.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 23, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

fan:

dude, i may be down on the Caps, but I am a Caps fan. not gonna bet against the team. you and rantdino would then call me out as a d-bag. why is it so bad to be honest about the effort, or lack of it, that the team has displayed during this series? sure, there are 3 games left. maybe the team displays some focus and nutz these last 3 games that it hasn't shown all season. if so, egg on my face. but based on the play of the Caps so far, and the play of the Rangers, i sadly don't see it happening.

also, i dont understand why everyone is saying the Rangers are being outplayed, or as rantdino likes to say "dominated". they have played a surprisingly solid series. i didnt see it happening before the series started.

finally, the dangerous teams in the east appear to be the ones that made upgrade moves at the trade deadline: Carolina, Putzburg and even the Rangers. Caps stayed pat. McPunk and ownership have some housecleaning to do in the offseason. i have had a gut feeling that McPunk makes bad decisions. lets see what happens.

Posted by: doughless | April 23, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Only the Caps can be down 3-1 after outscoring and outshooting the opposition. Ovie's great but he can't do it alone, others need to step it up.

Any other playoff year if they get what Varlamov has given them in net, the playoff history of this team is different.

I'm actually just shaking my head as this is yet another way for this team to check out early in April. I thought I had seen it all until now.

Posted by: bbride1 | April 23, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

@reesem37: Dude, get over it. Neidermeyer and Pronger are gone. Crying over spilt milk just looks pitiful. 2 months later even.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 23, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

@left As far as my job (a fan) -- When the boss (da Caps) doesn't send me my paycheck (da win) I get a little out of sorts.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

The real numbers are these.

For a higher seed in the NHL quarterfinals, down 3-1, the game #5 record for that home team, (the Caps in this case) are 11-14 (.560). As far as the series is concerned, in the same scenario going into game five, the home team (the Caps again) are 1-24 (.040).

Wise needs to put his numbers in context. The odds are very, very long but it has happened before and it can happen again.

Posted by: saintex | April 23, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

i have hope

Posted by: carsonspence | April 23, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Is anyone else tired of Fleschmen and Fehr in this series? I've seen Ovie, Backstrom, Semin, and Federov play hard in every game this series. Kozlov has had some good games (like last night) and a bad game (Game 2). I think the 4th Line hasn't been scoring but bringing us great energy. Gordon and Steckel aren't scoring but have done a great job on the PK. Fleschmen and Fehr have given us nothing. I've seen TF blow at least 4 good scoring chances in this series. I've never been a big Fehr fan, I always hear how much potential he has but he had about a 10-15 game streak going where he looked solid. Other than that he's been a major disappointment. He's got great size but yet he's afraid to get in front of the net and throw his weight around. We need our secondary scoring to do something. I think GMGM severely overrated some of our talent (ie. Fehr and TF) and should have made a move at the deadline to bring in a solid scorer. Just IMO

Posted by: DCSportsFan28 | April 23, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

leftcoast:

how much are green and OV making a year?? they are pros, i am not. by the way, i "suited up" by dropping my cash for 2 season tickets.

why is it pathetic to be somewhat objective?? all the weak comments about that Lundqvist is the ONLY reason the Rangers are winning are kinda pathetic in my book.

Posted by: doughless | April 23, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

It's all in the numbers why we lost.

Blocked shots: Caps 7, NYR 16.
The Rag's defense came to play.

Missed Shots: Caps 15.
They won't go in if they're not on net.

That's 22 shots that never got to the net.

Face offs won: Caps 19, NYR 39.
How can you win if you don't get the puck?

It was a lazy showing when they needed to have jump. It wasn't Lundqvist that beat us. It wasn't the Rag's defense. It was the Caps beating themselves.

No traffic in front.
Shots from the outside except for a few in close. Shots my mother-in-law could stop.
They rarely got Lundqvist to move.

Lundqvist is not superman. We dinged him for 3 in game 1 and 4 in game 3. We did that by moving him and getting their defense out of position. We had traffic in front of him.

This is playoffs. You win playoffs by blocking shots on defense, getting traffic in front, moving the goalie out of position on offense, and dirty goals off of rebounds and deflections.

I'm very disappointed with the 3rd line. 4th line is doing what it has to do and is getting chances. I'd frankly reverse the lines. Let the "3rd" line watch and see how you work in front of the net. I'm not seeing anything come out of Feds. I'm seeing fancy shtuff from the first 2 lines.

That stuff works in regular season. You gotta get down and dirty in the playoffs. We need blue-collar guys on this team.

Posted by: Greg S. | April 23, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Aucoin is the key to turning this thing around! If he comes up, we win in 7. If he doesn't, we continue to take 50 shots per game with no one in front making the queen look like a king. Trade Semin when the season is over - I'm sick of pretty curl-and-drags that go nowhere.

Posted by: kkd76 | April 23, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Wow. Aucoin showing up means we win in 7? That's a bit of a reach but if it's true, call him up.

Posted by: saintex | April 23, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

@doughless: I don't always post marshmallow and lollipop entries. During the season I posted many suggestions and trashed many a player. In the series though I just can't see what the Caps can do all that differently except to cause more traffic. Defensively the Caps have done well, which is due to an improvement with forwards backchecking, and in the last 3 games, Varly's ability to put rebounds to the corners. There have been some players that have been no-shows but overall the Caps have played well and have been beaten by one player, not the Rangers as a whole.

For those complaining about the trades that should or should not have taken place GMGM explained that just about every deal inquired about Alzner/Carlson/Varlamov. A vast majority feel that feels that Alzner will be a regular on this squad next year, the Carlson will follow shortly thereafter, and Varly is here and in charge earlier than expected. If any 1 of those 3 players had to be part of a deal, I'm glad the trigger wasn't pulled.

BTW, besides Pronger, Pothier brings as much to the table as any other possible acquistions. He's been a pleasant re-acquisition in my opinion.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 23, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Greg S hits the nail on the head. This isnt a one player issue or even an entire line.
Playoff hockey is different. That's not an opinion, but a given. We havent changed our game for the playoffs except for Game 3. I did not see game one, other than Jose Three-or-More's highlight reel, so cannot comment, but assume we got some traffic in front of Henrik.

Posted by: cwallop1 | April 23, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Avery's play on Pothier was borderline suspension-worthy. The Jurcina one, despite drawing blood was probably not. Sloppy yes, but I'm not entirely sure it wasn't largely momentum from the quick stop on the icing. Maybe he made more of a shoulder turn than he needed to, but given the guys who get hurt from icing plays, I'm actually going to give him a pass there. (I almost said "benefit of the doubt", but let's be realistic, he's still Avery).

If the Caps do force Game 7, I may sell my tickets. If they lose in overtime again in Game 7, I think I would be at home then sit in stunned silence with 18,000 others for 5 minutes like last year.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | April 23, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

@oldtime, I'll buy 'em.

Posted by: saintex | April 23, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Let's not doubt that our team wants the Stanley Cup as much as we do. I don't understand where people come off doing that. Unless you've got a direct line to their thoughts and conversations on the ice, off the ice, and during practices, I find it repulsive that people would even go there. You've all been judged before in life, for not putting your all into something you've done. Whereas, in those circumstances, you had only a handful of people doubting you, the Capitals have a few hundred people doing that to them. Congrats to all of you on that bandwagon of hate! You guys deserve the disappointment coming to you if the Capitals don't go as far as you wanted them to. As for me, I'll give them a hearty handshake. Thank them for the best first year of fandom I've had for them and let them know I'll see them again in September/October when they gear up for another stellar season.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 23, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

leftcoast i'm not crying...screw pronger and neidermeyer, i said someone like them. I don't care if it's a 20 year old Alzner, that can calm them down. I'm just saying this run and gun freewheeling play just seems to not work in the playoffs. The Caps can do it with the players on their roster. Wheres Feds leadership? Where's Kozlov? Wheres Poti? They look frantic and out of place half the time. The youth need someone to look up to. I'm not dwelling in the past, but someone needs to step up. Maybe Ovechkin can carry us on his back for the next three games. One more question Lefty? Do you think the Caps should be down 3-1 to the lowly Rangers? What's the fix? Instead of blasting people for their opinions, how bout you offer up some of yours?

Posted by: reesem37 | April 23, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

So here's what I'm understanding - season tickets grants anyone the right to nag and complain like a backseat driver. Good to know.

What the boss (the Capitals) are entitled to give you is a good game. Not a win. The win is a bonus. For anyone to always expect a win, is kidding themselves. It's a crapshoot.

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 23, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Left:

"Hate"?? i don't see anyone saying they hate the Caps. Progress: now there is a word that all here should understand and embrace. how much do you see, Left??

Posted by: doughless | April 23, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Henrik seems to really stand out every other game. We'll need to break that streak in NY during Game 6. Then we can worry about Game 7 back in D.C.

Posted by: saintex | April 23, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

@left

Come on, are we all just supposed to post "Lets Go Caps" here 24x7? I never boo the team (or any player) at a game, I always cheer. Thats my job. Not worrying about oversensitive fellow fans on a message board.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

It's not over. There's still at least one game left. And all that has to happen is the Capitals have to win a game against what I think is the worst team in the playoffs for there to be another game.

I do think the Rangers happen to have played inspired team defense in games 1, 2, and 4, and seem to be limiting the Capitals from golden opportunities and picking up juicy rebounds. I also think Lundqvist is a truly great goalie and is doing fine in this series.

I don't know that anyone really thought this team was the one that would win it all. Caps barely made it to the show last year, and this is really its first good year since Ovechkin came to town. And the Caps just haven't been doing all that well over the last half of the season.

If you'd asked me whether the Capitals would win any three in a row in this series before it started, I would've told you that that was not all that unlikely against this Rangers team.

Posted by: youaresquishy | April 23, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Henrik need to suffer a devestating brain fart..........

Posted by: RedBirdie | April 23, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Left:

RE: tickets and the right to carp - HELL YES!!!!! at least i have the skin in the game.

i am sure you have heard folks say that if you dont, you dont have any right to complain. well, I voted (i.e., bought tix).

Posted by: doughless | April 23, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry. I don't see Henrik standing out. We never got him to move. Did he break a sweat? Only a few times when we were in close. Don't make him something he isn't. He's a good goalie, no doubt, but not great.

Posted by: Greg S. | April 23, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

i meant to say if you dont vote

Posted by: doughless | April 23, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Here's an opinion on the Caps being down 3 to 1. It sucks. They're capable of beating the Rangers and proved it in Game 3. I'm not going to pretend to think that it's absolutely necessary to have this "veteran" presence many people refer to. That overlooks the players on the team who've had a number of years with other teams (Brashear, Clark, Federov). That's like an athlete losing and not taking responsibility for it, and blaming it on not having someone in their corner who's done it a lot more times than me. Sorry, I don't get it.

I highly doubt I was blasting you for your opinion. You called for two players who were up for discussion back in Feb/March during the trade deadline. Both of which, I think, were either never on the table for a trade or were taken off. It's two/three months later. I get the whole "we're fans. we're upset." Let's be honest though, we can play fantasy hockey with the team now but does it change what the powers that be at the Capitals will do tomorrow? Does it help us enjoy the game better when we've spent the past 48 hours hating on them but then sit at the edge of our seats hoping for them to win? I'd equate that to talking smack about someone and then when you see them, pretend that you're all buddy-buddy with them. What's that called again?

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 23, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg S. | April 23, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

that's because he doesn't move. That's his style. He never comes out to challenge the shooter. he sits back on the goal line and tries to cover has much of the net as possible.

it is throughly boring to watch.

Posted by: RedBirdie | April 23, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I actually love left, and the caps. I am just trying to sort through what is happening. I agree with youaresquishy that the expectation wasnt to win it all this year - just maybe make it a little further. The emergence of Varly could be a great sign for the future.

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I think Henrik has been a Vezina finalist at least three times. I think Henrik is a great goalie. He made some fantastic saves last night - glove saves on Semin and two on Ovi - and three posts, to boot. I give him his due. He still has to do it at least one more time.

Posted by: saintex | April 23, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

@Greg S.---I know we're all on the same boat here, and I think you offer plenty to the discussion, but, Lundqvist is a great goatender. Not good...great. We can beat great goaltenders, with all of those things you mentioned above. If Lundqvist isnt a great goalie, then one doesn't exist.

Posted by: reesem37 | April 23, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Wow. The asylum is active today.

"Henrik has played well, but the caps are making him look like God. " - oo7

I can not agree more, well said.

Caps on 7, unless BB decides:
1) not to play 8-19-28 for a long stretch
2) continues with the same 1st PP unit play
3) overextend 8-19-28 on pp.

Key to win? do I need to say it? 8-19-28

Posted by: opita1 | April 23, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I thought it was interesting in Game 2 that BB didn't have 8-19-28 on the same line. They were all out on the first two goals because of partial line swaps - it was mostly a timing thing. I'd like to see them split up with a wing/center swap a bit off to put them on the ice together for half a shift and on normal lines the other half. I think that forces the NYRs to change D's much differently.

Posted by: saintex | April 23, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I also think the Capitals have not been playing all that well for over three months now.

Ignoring the idiotic point-for-an-OT-loss nonsense--

Record and winning percentages:

first 41 games: 27-14, .659
last 41 games: 23-18, .561

To break it down further (and I'm 97% sure this is completely accurate), Caps' records vs.:

nonplayoff teams in 1st 41: 12-7, .632
nonplayoff teams in last 41: 14-10, .583

playoff teams in 1st 41: 15-7, .682
playoff teams in last 41: 9-8, .529

bottom 3 seeds in 1st 41: 9-2, .818
bottom 3 seeds in last 41: 2-5, .286

A very definite change happened right at the season's midpoint. I'm not sure what caused it--could be the players, physically or mentally or both; a big change in Coach's philosophy; a little of both; and/or a bunch of other crap.

Whatever it is, this team's record does not accurately reflect its overall quality right now. The numbers above are telling. Caps have been having problems with mediocre teams and bad teams over the last half that they weren't having over the first half. And the Rangers CLEARLY qualify as a mediocre team, at best.

Coach GMGM have got to figure it out this offseason.

Posted by: youaresquishy | April 23, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I said 8-19-28 yesterday...got jumped on a bit for it because of the "too cute" argument.

I felt that was a regular season thing in my opinion.

Posted by: SA-Town | April 23, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

@Ranndino, that's a very good video response. It comes across much better than typing. I totally agree with everything you said. We keep playing and we can still win it. Henrik still needs one more great game - and even with one great game, we might sneak that one.

Posted by: saintex | April 23, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

To clarify, when I say "bottom 3 seeds" I'm talking about the bottom 3 seeds in the playoffs in each conference.

Posted by: youaresquishy | April 23, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

opita:

and our other scoring line threat when Bouds goes with 8-19-28 for extened periods? how much of a threat is that line when it plays against top Rags D line and play on the PP?? Caps problems are bigger than one line, or 8 and 52.

Posted by: doughless | April 23, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

squishy, interesting numbers. i wonder what the breakdown is for the 3rd Q (games 41-61) of the season and 4th Q (games 62-82). they played alot of teams down the stretch who were making playoff pushes while the caps were pretty solidly in the playoffs.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 23, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

resesem37: Besides crashing the net more I couldn't offer any other advice. To accuse the Caps (not you but others) of not trying or caring, that's rediculous. Those guys are more upset than we are, I whole-heartedly believe it. When they see Avery's flagrant penalty butt go to the box you know the Caps want to make him pay.

For those of you that have never actually played the game and think that Avery's punch to Jurcina's face and slash to Pothier's face were accidental are truly fooled. He had plenty of time to stop before even making contact with Jurcina because the new touch up rule this season in the NHL is that there should not be ANY clean out hits when the puck is being touched up. Jurcina touched it early enough for Avery to come to a complete stop. Avery had no reason at all to initiate contact with Pothier. Now, I love this game so hard hitting hockey is awesome. Cheap shots to the head, which both of them were, need to be taken care of by the league. Semin's trip of Avery was a joke to. Semin was on his knees and his stick blade touched Avery's skate and he dove as soon as he felt the contact of the blade. Same thing he did when he was engaged with Gordo (I think it was Gordo) he dove so badly that the stick that supposedly tripped him hit him in the chest when he dove to the ice. Avery needs to concentrate on playing the game. He makes a mockery of the sport.

Posted by: fanohock1 | April 23, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

From what I've heard, the Capitals have made progress from a few years. I've only been exposed to the Capitals since October of last year and I could only imagine how passion for a team could lead to overzealous assertions about any of the players after so many years as a fan. I do respect the opinions of my more experienced peers but over a period of 6 months, it's unnerving to read the comments that insult one player after another and the comments that seemingly throw in the towel after a few losses. And then these same fans sing their praises the next time. Again, I admit it's understandable to be upset at being down by 2 games but unless we're in their shoes, do we really know who's not playing their best or lack the heart? All you have are your observations. There other factors that contribute to their performances and not necessarily the only ones people choose to focus on.

I'd like to look at the Capitals as distant "acquaintances" (snicker) and not people I paid money to, to perform for me, because that would make them our....=X

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 23, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

For the record...I have never hated on the Caps. I am not a fair weather fan, and I did not jump on the bandwagon this year. I have followed the Caps since the late 80's when I was very young, growing up falling asleep to Ron Weber broadcasts. I love this team more than anything, more than the terrible overzealous ridiculous Redskins and the Wizards combined. I am trying to be rational, and I truly believe the Caps can come back and win this series. I am just trying to point out that this team needs a fire lit under them, and that boils down to leadership. I will always be on the side of my Caps, no matter what happens, but I never would've thought that the Caps would be down 3-1. To the person that said the Rangers were the weakest team in the east playoffs this year...Did you watch any of the Montreal-B's series...The Canadiens just mailed it in; they are the worst team in the east. Florida would've atleast taken one game.

Posted by: reesem37 | April 23, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Didn't read through all the comments but: To all the people saying we dominated last night (and the previous three games), I don't think I agree. I think we played well for about 30 minutes, but the Caps didn't come out like they wanted it. Reminded me a bit of game 2. It seems like they sometimes lose themselves and seem a bit complacent, only to wake up and realize the importance of what they're doing when it's too late.

And I for sure don't think Lundqvist stole the game. You can talk all you want about bounces not going our way, us being unlucky etc. etc., but there's a point at which you have to make your own luck. We crashed the net in game 3. There were scrums in front of Lundqvist. What happened to that? He is not infallible, but of course we're going to make him seem infallible if for the first half of the game we're shooting at him from 35+ feet. Of course he's good, but I firmly believe we're better (and I wish Bruce would remind them of that--it seems like lately he's been simply praising Lundqvist).

The team doesn't need to completely change their style. They are who they are. Don't blame them for being "euros". I think they proved in Game 3 that they're capable of taking that technical style and just dirtying it up a bit. They were still the Caps we love, but a little more hardcore.

They can win. I know they can. I just wish they would always always remember exactly how much it takes, and be willing to give 500 times more than that amount.

I believe.

Posted by: InSEMINator | April 23, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

I don't think it is a matter of not trying or caring. But I don't think that they have been able to find the way to play at the same high intensity for multiple periods/games. Not that doing so is easy, and not that many teams can -- it is just something I hope they find a way to do, because I think they have incredible talent (and heart).

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

i heart mikebrady1 too.

i'm saving my tears for when they're out of the playoffs because then it'll be a long summer with hockey. as long as they're in it, hockey is alive for me here in caly. and as great as the ducks and sharks are doing mauling each other, my heart and ticket/jersey/t-shirts money belong to the Capitals. =)

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 23, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Im thinking Clark for Fehr?

Time to get a "C" on the ice?

What do you have to lose?

Posted by: SA-Town | April 23, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

And I don't know why I didn't put this one in the previous post, but...

Caps' combined records against teams not in the top 5 in either conference:

over the first 41: 21-9, .700
over the last 41: 16-15, .516

Posted by: youaresquishy | April 23, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Where is SC1907? I need to beat up on something...

Posted by: mikebrady1 | April 23, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

you folks have fun. enough hand wringing. it is what it is: a 3-1 series. see you at the phone booth.

Posted by: doughless | April 23, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

it is throughly boring to watch.

Posted by: RedBirdie | April 23, 2009 11:34 AM

Specially if we stand off and try to muscle the shots through him.. He's positionally sound. You get them out of position by moving them. That means that you get the puck moving from side to side in close and shoot one timers before he can setup. It isn't complicated, and the Caps have shown they can do it.

Posted by: Greg S. | April 23, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

please, no SC1907. There's only so much stupidity I can handle each day,a nd unfortunately, I hit my "dealing with stupid people" quota around 10 am. stupid Bruins-loving family members--yeah, beating the Habs is something to be real proud off. A team of one-legged monkeys could have beaten the Habs. Stupid New York co-workers, who don't even have the first clue about hockey but feel the need to be complete, well, New Yorkers. And then there's the other forms of stupidity that seem to ahve invaded the office today. So, no, please no SC1907, because then I might really lose it.

Posted by: RedBirdie | April 23, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I'm not reading every comment word-for-word, but I'm seeing comments that Mike Green is "sleepwalking", that's he's "not earning his pay". It's just my opinion, but I say he's playing hurt. He hasn't been right since game 1 when he got tripped up by Avery. Knee problem, groin problem, I don't know, but something is not right physically.

Posted by: tess2201 | April 23, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

@dcsportsfans1

If you break down the same numbers over the last half of the season again in about half, the numbers in both of the final two quarters are very consistent with one another.

games 42-62:

record: 12-9, .571
nonplayoff teams: 6-4, .600
bottom 3 seeds: 1-3, .250
playoff teams: 6-5, .545

games 63-82:

record: 11-9, .550
nonplayoff teams: 8-6, .571
bottom 3 seeds: 1-2, .333
playoff teams: 3-3, .500

Posted by: youaresquishy | April 23, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

The thing that most sucks about all of this is that the guy playing goalie for the Caps now has given up 3 goals, in 3 games, and the Caps lost two of them.

Varlamov's playoff save percentage: .962

Posted by: youaresquishy | April 23, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Its not over unless you believe its over:)

Posted by: mrpjs1976 | April 23, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Avery has been diving left and right, but fortunately most of the dives have not been getting called.

I am not sure why he doesn't get called for diving when he dives though. Although you might not know it just from watching hockey, the rules do actually require the refs to call a two-minute minor penalty on any player who "blatantly dives, embellishes a fall or a reaction, or who feigns an injury," and there's certainly not any requirement that the refs always make a dive call part of a coincidental minor deal.

If the refs had just called the game as the Rulebook requires them to, Caps could easily have won last night. I don't mind Avery getting only two minutes for his psychopathic behavior last night as much as I mind Avery not getting a call each time he dives. If at least three of his dives last night are not going to be considered blatant, no dive is blatant.

Posted by: youaresquishy | April 23, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I mean, unfortunately most of his dives are not getting called.

Posted by: youaresquishy | April 23, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

RedBirdie-

AMEN! have already had to deal with endless messages from everyone, especially coworkers. suddenly the rangers are the best team in the league and everyone loves them. if the knicks were doing well i bet you 80% of these people wouldnt even realize the rangers were in the playoffs...had to basically explain hockey to the people next to me at the game. Almost sad I don't live in Canada. Almost, not really.

Posted by: mrszilla | April 23, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

I hope we can win game 5 and then take it 1 game at a time from there on. People taht say we are like ottawa few years back might be right but i dont agree. Our D and Goaltanding game 2-4 has been good, Our O is everyone knows some of the best players. What this team lack is a Coach that can motivate a team to play"yes its their job thats what they get pad for"
Also make adjustments after game 3 you know Torts was goign to make adjustments, bruce should of responded and not say "we knew they were going to come out storming in first 10 min" Its bs dont let them as a matter of fact do that to them give it to them the first 10 minutes and we would of probably won the game then. This coach is just that ahl and Nhl regualar season hes not build for playoffs. He reminds me of Wade Phillips and Dallas Cowboys of 2007, great regular season, flunk round 1.

Posted by: madboost35 | April 23, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I'm heartbroken. I had hoped the Pens would end the Caps' season, but it looks like the Rangers will send Alex Imachokin home even earlier than we anticipated. Maybe next year!

Posted by: observer23 | April 23, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

observer,
indeed, barring a miracle, it does not appear that the pens will be able to eliminate the caps this year. but speaking of next year, how do you think the pens will do. i mean, half of their roster are UFA's and they sure do have a lot of cash committed to 12 players. sure hope the pens can win the cup this year cause i predict a dark period starting next year for the boys in powder blue.

meanwhile, the caps have 3 ufa's and cap space to sign a guy like bowmeester. oh yeah, and probably our 3-4th best dman has been playing in the minors this year. you like our goalie? he's 20 and only going to get better. you've got nothing but 30year old plus dmen.

meanwhile, alex ovechkin has one less goal and the same number of assists as cindy playing against a goalie and a defense which is just a bit better than philly.

good luck to the pens.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | April 23, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Ok, Caps and Philly gonna bounce back and all egotistic fags are gonna become suicidal.

Posted by: Hazz | April 23, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

__________

Then its time to take his "big, blue, goaline hugging a**" and shove him and the puck in the net that he never whats to come out of.

Take some runs at him in Game 5....who cares, the Rags PP sucks. I want him uncomfortable, screened, bumped, shoved, punched....whatever. just letting him sit there ain't working. An overly physical 1st Period in front of the net wins Game 5 for the CAPS. The scoring can come later in the game. Lets wreck this dudes confidence and getting him thinking a bit.

GO CAPS!! Muck it up....an make em bleed!!

Posted by: jarresm | April 24, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse