Video Update: Ovechkin Injured?

Tarik (not Michael Wilbon) provides the latest news from Kettler, where Alex Ovechkin did not participate in Thursday's practice. Check out the video and you'll understand the Wilbon reference:

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 30, 2009; 3:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boudreau: 'There's a Tremendous Rivalry'
Next: Pothier Misses Out

Comments

what what what

Posted by: bhound69 | April 30, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I cant see the video, thanks to my communistic office rules. What does it say???

Posted by: bhound69 | April 30, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

first, second and third. ho hum hho hum

Posted by: bhound69 | April 30, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

OV didn't practice, OV and BB deny that he's injured. Tarik thinks he's nursing an injury, possibly lower body. He speculates that he has an injury below the waist due to how he "skated more straight up in game 7." He also brought his trainer from Russia over, which Tarik says usually happens when he has a nagging injury. Tarik doesn't expect him to miss any playing time, but it is definitely something to keep an eye on. Hope that sums it up.

Posted by: apollak8 | April 30, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Is this all just speculation like the other posts, new medium same message? Or is there new info coming in?

Posted by: mrszilla | April 30, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

@apollak8

TY......Hey Tarik, we don't need to know if Ovie's hurt, ailing, sore, or whatever, but you know what, Pitt doesn't either. So stop reporting on it. Is it that slow of a news day?

Posted by: bhound69 | April 30, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Pure speculation, but of course the Caps are pretty hush about disclosing injuries. I really don't think it changes anything. Pretty much every player on every playoff team has nagging injuries at this point, that's part of the playoffs. OV's going to bring his A game on Saturday, nagging injury or not. Once he gets his first whiff of the smelling salt he's in

Posted by: apollak8 | April 30, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Ovechkin will be his usual dominant self on Saturday and beyond.

Posted by: mjwies11 | April 30, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

He looks well enough to do interviews on ESPN

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 30, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Yeah I guess your right, but if it's nagging or sore, does it really need to be reported? Gotta be slow.

Players are at home now.....I wonder if Ovech-Cam follows him everywhere??

Posted by: bhound69 | April 30, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I'm more concerned about Mike Green. He took a beating, especially in Game 7.

Posted by: LouLewis | April 30, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

For some reason both today and yesterday the video's sound went off half-way through. Did it happen to anyone else?

Posted by: caraveli | April 30, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ralph4100 | April 30, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

F me.

Posted by: Zornado | April 30, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Green is beating himself.

Posted by: alagarts | April 30, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the info Tarik!

Signed,
Billy Guerin, Matt Cooke, Brooks Orpik and Max Talbot

Posted by: delOH | April 30, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

wtf Tarik, you're my boi - I love your work, but why are you speculating about an injury? And why are you talking about where he might be injured? That's all we need, some hack happy pen to tee him up to see if it's true - Unless you know for a fact that he's injured, why are you even talking about it? Pretty dumb for what I once thought was a pretty smart hockey guy

Posted by: Terpsrule | April 30, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

PENGUINS SUCK!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 30, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Ovie-1-Kenobi is fine....if I'm the first to come up with that, give me props!

Posted by: AyresGoober | April 30, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

hahahaha goober I like that, mad props to you

Posted by: apollak8 | April 30, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

CROSBY A SISSY? MALKIN DUMB? More from Tarik later as the series continue!!!

Posted by: JohnWWW | April 30, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

"I'm surprised you weren't angry someone thought you were Wilbon. "Do I look like someone who knows NOTHING about hockey?" Ralph, you took the words out of my mouth! And before anyone chimes in about how I shouldn't be "hating" Wilbon, I'm not. I just think that if he wants to write about hockey, he ought to have the professionalism to learn something about it first.
Tarik, thanks for the updates.

Posted by: dccitizen1 | April 30, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Tarik, you're getting really good at these. Soon we'll see you on Versus.

To the people who are getting on Tarik's back for reporting this you need to remember that Tarik is a reporter, not a Capitals PR guy. Now go look up the word "reporter" in a dictionary.

Posted by: ranndino | April 30, 2009 6:34 PM | Report abuse

PENGUINS SUCK!

Posted by: lylewimbledon | April 30, 2009 4:35 PM |

WORD, lyle, word.

Posted by: kevbnyc | April 30, 2009 7:23 PM | Report abuse

No worries. The Russian machine is just getting a little lube job and belt tightening for the next round.

Posted by: bucknelldad | April 30, 2009 7:47 PM | Report abuse

@lylewimbledon: Stay classy, man

Posted by: Dalliquippa | April 30, 2009 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Brilliant move by the Caps!

Is he hurt...isn't he...NOBODY KNOWS!!!

Let the Penguins worry about it!

Posted by: dglelite | April 30, 2009 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Ovie is taking a page from The Book of Portis and other stars. "We talkin' 'bout practice, man." - A. Iverson.

Posted by: Danny_The_Bull | April 30, 2009 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Last I checked -- correct me if I'm wrong -- Tarik wasn't employed by the Washington Capitals, but rather the Washington Post. In other words, he's no PR hack but rather a trained journalist, and this it's his job to report.

I'd be more disappointed if he learned of an injury and intentionally kept it secret.

I'm fully aware the know-it-alls on these forums like nothing more than to gripe about journalism, but Tarik does quite a thorough job.

Posted by: scrappledog | April 30, 2009 9:42 PM | Report abuse

(ED: I meant to say "and thus it's his job to report." Not "this.")

Posted by: scrappledog | April 30, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse