Video Update: Plenty of Drama Off the Ice

In today's video report, Tarik discusses the status of Donald Brashear and puts to rest some strange rumors. Check it out below:

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  April 27, 2009; 3:33 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shaone Morrisonn: 'I Didn't Do That'
Next: Brashear Suspended for 6 Games

Comments

Lindsay, any chance the transcript will be posted?

Posted by: RedBirdie | April 27, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

brashear suspended for SIX games

Posted by: vt_caps | April 27, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Old news. That's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Posted by: paperboy76 | April 27, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

To all the fans going to the game tomorrow.....Boudreau says...."Be Ready."

Posted by: SA-Town | April 27, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

It's official...Six games

Posted by: SA-Town | April 27, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

I'm shocked. This is out of proportion.

If the Caps needed any motivation, which they don't, they just got a bunch more. Like Laich said before Game 5, bodies will be flying out there!

Let's go Caps!

Posted by: Sonyask | April 27, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sonyask | April 27, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

I'm actually not shocked by the six-game suspension, and I'll tell you why.

1) The hit resulted in a serious injury to Betts (cracked orbital bone).

2) The NHL is supposedly cracking down on head shot type injuries.

3) I was floored that Brash *wasn't* called for a penalty on the ice last night when I saw the hit.

It's a fair cop. But we'll be OK. We were OK without Brashear while he was injured with his knee; we'll be OK for the next six games without him, too. It's bad timing, but not the end of the world.

I feel bad for Betts, though. It's going to be a while before he's fit to play again.

Posted by: irockthered | April 27, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Where was the injury news posted on Betts?

Posted by: Riddler1 | April 27, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

I can't bring myself to feel bad for Betts.

Avery and the Ranger fans wouldn't have felt bad if his stick had gotten closer to Ovechkin's throat, or if the other end of it had done more damage to Jurcina, and so on, and so on.

My Rangers-fan friends who are whining on the last four days about there being a fix in this series might be right - save for what team it is affects.

Tough call tomorrow to beat the Rangers, the refs, and the league office.

This team will live forever in immortality if they get it done.

Posted by: writered21 | April 27, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

@Riddler1 - I know I saw it, on one of the official news channels, and now I can't find it. AUGH! Still looking...

It's on his status page on ESPN, though:

Posted by: irockthered | April 27, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

@ Tarik,

Do you have the video of the alleged Mo biting to post?
Thanks,

Posted by: caps28fan | April 27, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

5 games for a shoulder check eh?

Give Dubinsky a suspension for the blatant attempt to injure when he boarded Green. Or Voros for trying to take Semin's head off. The NHL's wheel of justice only frowns upon dirty hits that result in injury.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | April 27, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

NY Rangers organization totally disrespected the Capitals fan base with their letter to the NHL requesting additional security. No one has been able to prove that anything went into the bench from the crowd. The NHL insulted us by mentioning a beverage was poured onto Torterella when there is zero proof. NYC is just nothing but off ice trash talk and whinning. Ill be in sec 203 tomorrow nite and ready to rain down as much fury as possible from my view. Fans need to be prepared for an all out war, no voices necessary at work on Weds.

Posted by: daddy_axe | April 27, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

text please! i hate having commercials run on my computer when they shouldn't. and i'm not a fan of the videos anyway.

Posted by: hsk8er6 | April 27, 2009 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Here's hoping Caps fans alike keep an eye out for each other. The best revenge we can have is winning Game 7. Like the Capitals, we'll take whatever abuse the Rangers fans are going to dish out tomorrow but also, like the Capitals, we'll probably respond in kind.

Be safe, Caps fans. Be safe, Capitals!

Posted by: LeftCoastCapsFan | April 27, 2009 6:36 PM | Report abuse