The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 7:00 PM ET, 02/ 1/2008

Getting Pumped up for Groundhog Day

By Jason Samenow

While our own Matt Ross recently offered an analysis about the fate of winter, Punxsutawney Phil, another winter weather expert, will weigh in on the matter tomorrow morning at 7am. If you're up at that time (all the power to you), you can view the live webcast of Phil making his prediction.

I predict Phil will forecast an early spring due to cloudy skies forecast in Punxsutawney, PA tomorrow morning which will prevent Phill from seeing his shadow. Plus, Phil has seen his shadow and forecast six more weeks of winter the last seven years. We're overdue for an early spring prediction.

If you really want to get fired up about Groundhog Day, play the Groundhog Duel game online, where can you try to break down Groundhog dance moves (I'm not making this up). The background techno music is like whoa!

By Jason Samenow  | February 1, 2008; 7:00 PM ET
Categories:  Humor
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: CommuteCast: Much Needed Rain Ending
Next: Forecast: A Bright Sunshiny Saturday

Comments

If Phil is a smart groundhog, he will see his shadow, otherwise he will likely be remembered as a foolish prognosticator.

We will have a taste of spring in early Feb. Things will likely balance in late Feb. and March.

Posted by: Augusta Jim | February 1, 2008 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Gee!! I really got my message across! I did not post 5 times!

With all the ice and power outages and surges in my area, a lot of weird things have happened during the past 6 hrs. Why should I be surprised?

Posted by: Augusta Jim | February 1, 2008 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Oooppppss! I got caught up in this too!

Posted by: Greg | February 1, 2008 9:10 PM | Report abuse

I have destroyed two friendships and severely strained my relationship with my brother by sending out the link to the groundhog duel. ;-) Thanks for the great content!!!

Posted by: ~sg | February 2, 2008 12:06 AM | Report abuse