The new Washington
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 3:30 PM ET, 03/28/2008

CommuteCast: Front Finally on the Move

By Ian Livingston

Sunny and cool Saturday

Latest D.C. area radar loop, courtesy National Weather Service. Refresh page to update. Click here to expand.

A northerly drift, with what was a stationary front, allowed many locations outside the north and west portions of the area to get into the low or mid 70s today. The front is now moving back through the area as a cold front, and will completely depart the region by this evening, allowing cooler air to filter in. The front has mainly been dry, but a few showers are possible during the commute, especially east or south of the District.

Tonight: Clouds will give way to clearing skies and colder temperatures this evening and overnight. Lows will fall close to seasonal averages of mid 30s north and west of the city and upper 30s to low 40s for the District and southeast. Occasionally gusty winds out of the north and northwest will add an extra chill to the air overnight.

Tomorrow: For the many events across the area on Saturday, skies will be sunny and temperatures a bit cool for late March standards. Expect highs to reach the low 50s in the city and southeast, while struggling to hit 50 north and west as winds from the north continue to funnel in colder Canadian air.

See Camden's forecast through the beginning of next week and check the NatCast for Saturday and Sunday evening games.

By Ian Livingston  | March 28, 2008; 3:30 PM ET
Categories:  Forecasts
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shoveling Out From a Snow Job
Next: Forecast: A Sunny Spring Chill

Comments

Pretty pathetic wet spell. A few sprinkles yesterday morning and after that, not a drop!

Posted by: WSL | March 28, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Yep the rain vanishes before our eyes.

Posted by: Period | March 28, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Yep, how dry we are... It's discouraging. I'm running the hose on my new plantings already. A dusty, shriveling summer ahead, I'm afraid.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | March 28, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

The numerous showers and maybe a Thunderstorm forecast by NWS gave me about 3 drops.(I was working outside throughout the day.)

As I predicted 24 hrs. ago, another underperformer!!!

Posted by: Augusta Jim | March 28, 2008 7:48 PM | Report abuse

LMAO! The "at a glance" forecast showed 73 and snow for Tuesday. Funny funny.

Hopefully we'll get some rain soon! And maybe even a REAL storm!!!

Now I have a little bouncy "Your opinion matters" ad bouncing around my screen and pop ups and pop downs and swivel doodles and all that advertising crap that makes me want to boycott the product being shoved in my face. I hate the WaPo website, but I can't stop reading the CWG. Ugh.

Posted by: weatherdudeVA (Lake Ridge) | March 28, 2008 9:08 PM | Report abuse