The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 11:00 AM ET, 03/ 9/2008

News & Notes: Wind, Ohio Snow & Bob Ryan

By Jason Samenow
  • It may come as a surprise to some Capital Weather Gang readers, but NBC4 chief meteorologist Bob Ryan would love to get some of that Ohio snow here. In a recent interview hosted by local journalist Carol Joynt, Ryan talks about why he enjoys snow so much and covers a range of topics including his biggest forecast bust, storm chasing, his competition and his views on climate change. The interview, part of the "Q&A Cafe" series at Nathans of Georgetown, is available in five segments on YouTube: Segment 1, Segment 2, Segment 3, Segment 4, and Segment 5

By Jason Samenow  | March 9, 2008; 11:00 AM ET
Categories:  High Winds, Media, News & Notes, U.S. Weather
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Forecast: A Calming Chill
Next: Forecast: Warming Trend Begins

Comments

Ya my sister lives in Columbus...she got something like 17 inches. Lucky bastages.

Posted by: Matthew@Tysons | March 9, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

No more snow until December...AT BEST :'(

Posted by: hobbes | March 9, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Here's a nice video montage of the snow in Ohio yesterday: Video

Posted by: Jason, Capital Weather Gang | March 9, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the Bob Ryan Q/A link Jason, while I think highly of the other local Mets, Bob has always been my favorite and I could always see the snow lover in him, never quite sure why others couldn't see it and he gets labeled a snow hater.....though I wonder if it's cause he always seemed to be one of the few, MANY years ago, mets who would contradict NWS winter warnings and call for less......anyway, thanks again!

Posted by: Mike from the Blue Ridge | March 9, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Just got my power back 1.5 hours ago. The BGE trucks were in my neighborhood from 8am to 7pm today. Must've been a downed pole!

Posted by: jtf | March 9, 2008 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jtf | March 9, 2008 7:40 PM | Report abuse

It must have been a downed pole? If my power had been out for twenty-four hours I think I would have been out walking or driving in the neighborhood to find out where the problem was. Better than sitting in cold house.

Posted by: NTOMB | March 9, 2008 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Ohio had their time, next storm is our time before we ride up Troy's Bucket.

Posted by: Goonie | March 9, 2008 10:05 PM | Report abuse

I did check the neighborhood. However, all of the power poles were built behind the houses, so you can't see much. The BGE trucks had a tough time getting back there, from what I could see (they kept alternating streets).

Posted by: jtf | March 9, 2008 10:15 PM | Report abuse

On 3/19-20 the mid Atlantic will have its BEST chance of getting snow. I already see everything comming together....:)

Cap Team, you guys see the 1040 high and trough shifting negative.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 9, 2008 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Your posting times are 1 hour behind.

FYI

Posted by: Conman | March 9, 2008 11:51 PM | Report abuse

To the no name commenter who mentions snow:
Don't tell me that. That's the week I start spring break.

Posted by: Havoc | March 10, 2008 12:46 AM | Report abuse

Please note my comments on the Ohio snow in an earlier post. If this continues my concern is how it will impact the baseball season for the Indians (remember last year?) and perhaps even for the Reds.

I still remember that picture from Cleveland last April: Fausto Carmona staring at snow-covered Jacobs Field. It could happen again in 2008. Snow like that NEVER occurs in Carmona's native Dominican Republic.

Posted by: El Bombo | March 10, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse