The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 3:15 PM ET, 04/17/2008

CommuteCast: Great Weather Continues

By Ian Livingston

Contender for warmest day of season tomorrow

Current D.C. area temperatures, courtesy Weather Bonk. Map by Google. Refresh page to update. Hover over and click temperatures for more info. Click and hold on map to pan.

Following one more chilly start to the day, another in a stretch of beautiful spring days has unfolded across the region. High temperatures have so far reached into the mid 70s. They should top out in the mid to upper 70s at most locations, prior to slowly cooling back into the 60s as the sun sets.

Tonight: Clear skies will continue as temperatures drop into the mid 40s in the normally chillier suburbs and into the low 50s for the District.

Tomorrow: The final day of the work week will be quite warm as sunny skies once again dominate. Expect temperatures to range from the upper 70s in the northern portions of the area to the low 80s around D.C. and to the south.

See Josh's full forecast through the beginning of next week, and UnitedCast for tonight's game at RFK Stadium.

By Ian Livingston  | April 17, 2008; 3:15 PM ET
Categories:  Forecasts
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Weekly Top Five: Beer, Hurricanes and Chaos
Next: Forecast: Sunny & Warm 'Til a Sunday Storm

Comments

According to Sterling, the southerly track is favored for the approaching cutoff low. They are mentioning possibly 1 to 2 inches of beneficial rain Sunday and Monday.

Posted by: El Bombo | April 17, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

It would be way more beneficial to me if it waited to rain until Monday instead of on my weekend.

Posted by: missy | April 17, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

second that! I know we need the rain, but not on my Sunday picnic pleeeeeeease

Posted by: weathergrrl | April 17, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Cool. I hope we have two inches on Sunday. My lawn and trees will love it.

Posted by: NOTBM | April 17, 2008 8:21 PM | Report abuse

I am loving this weather, minus the allergies!

It hit 82 IN THE SHADE here today. That was around 330 or so? I don't remember. But it sure was beautiful. One of the very few times here in DC we experience 80s with minimal humidity. :)

I would just like a thunderstorm please. Through most of last summer and the last few times we've had them this year, Lake Ridge gets gypped out of a good thunderstorm. Ugh!

*prays to weather gods* storms storm storms pleaseeeeeeee storms! */prayer*

And hey, there are 5 (FIVE) snowflakes for sunday and it's not going to get below 50. I love technology, it's awesome but produces sometimes humorous errors. Heh.

Posted by: weatherdudeVA (Lake Ridge) | April 17, 2008 8:34 PM | Report abuse