The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 7:00 PM ET, 04/16/2008

PopeCast: Pontiffically Perfect

By Capital Weather Gang

Hat, sunscreen advised for worshipers

Papal Mass
Thursday, 10 a.m., Nationals Park
TemperatureWeatherChance of Rain
Upper 50s → Upper 60sSunny0%
A bit cool to start. But temperatures should climb quickly, rising through the mid to upper 60s by around noon with no chance of rain. The sun will be strong, so wear a hat and use sunscreen.

PopeCast will be updated as needed through Thursday morning. Also, see our full forecast through the weekend.

By Capital Weather Gang  | April 16, 2008; 7:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: CommuteCast: Springtime Weather at its Best
Next: Forecast: Simply Sublime Through Saturday

Comments

Did I hear a statement that the big Papal Mass was on Friday morning???

Posted by: El Bombo | April 14, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

El Bombo: I think I heard one of the new stations say that there was one in NYC on Friday. I know that he goes up there after he leaves here, so more than likely that's what you heard.

Posted by: weatherdudeVA (Lake Ridge) | April 16, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

The pope needs to pay his rent on the building and bless the stadium so the Nats might play better. They should require that before the mass begins.

Posted by: nats fan | April 16, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

If you didn't believe the part about the sunscreen, be advised that the noon sun angle for April 17 is identical to that on Aug. 27. You've been warned.

Posted by: Steve, Capital Weather Gang | April 16, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

I believe you, Steve. I was outside for several hours for an event in late April two years ago and I got a terrible burn. Didn't even think about sunscreen.

Live and learn.