The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 9:43 PM ET, 05/10/2008

Alert: Flood Watch for Sunday Night

By Jason Samenow

The Watch is in effect from Sunday night to Monday afternoon.

From the National Weather Service:

THE HEAVIEST RAIN WILL OCCUR SUNDAY NIGHT ... AND END FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST MONDAY AFTERNOON. TWO TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN WILL FALL ON TOP OF WET SOIL.

By Jason Samenow  | May 10, 2008; 9:43 PM ET
Categories:  Alerts, Floods
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Photography: A Fine Day for Fishing
Next: NatCast: Developling Rain

Comments

Jason - How much rain do you think we will get and when will it be the heaviest? I am planning to go to a concert at Nissan Sun night and I wondering if it will be a rain out...?

Posted by: logan circle | May 10, 2008 11:12 PM | Report abuse

Everyone seems to be in agreement that we will get 2-4 inches of rain sunday night to monday. Makes me think that all the weather forecasters will be very wrong.

Posted by: Emilio | May 10, 2008 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Logan: I agree with what the NWS says in the post above. 2-3 inches of rain, although I'd say closer to 2 than 3 in most spots. I would not be optimistic about anything outdoors tomorrow evening... looks like a complete washout to me.

Posted by: Jason, Capital Weather Gang | May 10, 2008 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Look at the hourly weather graph for Washington on the NWS website. How is it possible to get almost an inch of rain from 2-5pm when there's only a 38% chance of precip?
Strange.

Posted by: Model Monkey | May 10, 2008 11:43 PM | Report abuse

Dangit! Tommorrow night is the Radiohead show!

Posted by: BerkeleyGuy | May 11, 2008 12:31 AM | Report abuse

Something about Radiohead and DC. This better not be a repeat of the Bull Run Fiasco. Bad traffic + 10,000 cars + 3 inches of rain + gravel lots = nightmare. Of course if it was at the Verizon Center nobody would be nervously watching radar before the show!

Posted by: Ryan | May 11, 2008 1:35 AM | Report abuse