The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 4:00 PM ET, 06/28/2008

Fourth of July Outlook

By Jason Samenow

Independence Day is now less than a week away. How's it looking???

As of now, most current guidance suggests it will be a very nice, summery day. High pressure overhead should suppress most thunderstorm activity and high humidity may hold off until the weekend. Here's an early glance at how the day may unfold:

10 a.m. -- Mostly sunny, 79
1 p.m. -- A few clouds, 85
4 p.m. -- A few clouds, 87
7 p.m. -- Clear, 83
10 p.m. -- Clear, 79

Given this forecast is six days away, confidence is only in the medium range. Keep checking back for updates throughout the week.

Want more forecast details for the short term? See our full forecast.

By Jason Samenow  | June 28, 2008; 4:00 PM ET
Categories:  Fourth of July
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. Not the Only City Sweating it Out
Next: Update: Evening Showers and Storms

Comments

Ooooh, this gives me much hope! My brother and sister-in-law will be in town for the holiday, from TN. Beautiful weather would help me sell the idea that I've been pushing for years, that they should move up here to be near me.

Posted by: ~sg | June 28, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Check out my earlier blog about Tennessee. The eastern half of Tennessee is cooled at night by "valley breezes" from the mountains. Unless your relatives are from Memphis, they will probably elect the Volunteer State over the Potomac swamp!

Posted by: El Bombo | June 28, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

I'm going on a trip to Rehoboth Beach for this coming week, Sun.-Sun. Could you say which days you think are going to be nice, and the weather for the week? It would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Delaware traveler | June 28, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Delaware traveler: I'd say you picked a pretty good week... Probably will have to deal with PM storms tomorrow... then maybe again Monday. Tues-Fri look pretty good, with high temps mainly 80-85. Next Saturday and Sunday are a bit far off to provide a confident forecast

Posted by: Jason, Capital Weather Gang | June 28, 2008 11:18 PM | Report abuse

Great, thanks for the info!

Posted by: Delaware traveler | June 28, 2008 11:28 PM | Report abuse