The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 5:00 AM ET, 07/12/2008

Forecast: A Characteristically Hot Weekend

By Jason Samenow

Our weather will behave according to mid-July form this weekend. We'll have the customary heat and humidity both days. Then, to close out the weekend tomorrow evening, a few thunderstorms may rumble through. After some more storms during the first half of Monday, cooler and drier air will make a return.

Mostly sunny and hot. 90-95. Lots of sunshine and light flow from the south (winds at 5-10 mph) will heat us up in a hurry today. Humidity levels won't be oppressive, but higher than the past two days and noticeable.

We'll get a little relief from the heat Saturday night, with lows dropping to the low 70s downtown and upper 60s in the suburbs.

Keep reading for the forecast for Sunday into early next week.

TOMORROW (SUNDAY)

Hot and humid. Chance of late day/evening storms. 90-95 It will be just as hot tomorrow as today, but the humidity will increase just a notch. Breezes from the south will also kick up a bit in advance of an approaching cold front. Cloud cover will likely increase a little in the afternoon, but storms should hold off until evening, except in the western suburbs.

Overnight, showers and storms are likely everywhere (60% chance). Lows will be in the low 70s.

A LOOK AHEAD

Showers and thunderstorms may linger into the afternoon Monday as the cold is slow exiting the region. High temperatures will be likely be held in the mid 80s due to the cloud cover. Confidence: Medium

Tuesday should be dry, cooler and less humid, with highs in the mid to upper 80s. Confidence: Medium-High

By Jason Samenow  | July 12, 2008; 5:00 AM ET
Categories:  Forecasts
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: UnitedCast: At Last -- A Dry Forecast
Next: Photography: Sunset Storm

Comments

Not quite as hot as it could be...I've been through summers here with temps 95+ and heat indexes crowding 110 or higher.

August could be worse this year.

Posted by: El Bombo | July 12, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I agree, not a bad pattern for us for this time of year, with relief coming in from the northwest every week or so. Often times we get zip all summer long. But I'm quite sure mother nature will hand us the bill in August and September, if this June was any preview of coming attractions.

Posted by: Max | July 12, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I love how the TV mets this morning were saying how beautiful and relatively unhumid it is outside. Please! Unless it is in the 70s with a dew point in the 40s, then it is not a beautiful day.

Posted by: jtf | July 12, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Its hotter than hell out there.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 12, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

I agree with the person who posted without a name...it is hotter than hell out, lol.

Posted by: weatherdudeVA (Lake Ridge) | July 12, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

What's blowing from the South is no mere breeze here in Harpers Ferry. I wonder what that's all about. Is it just my hilltop, or is anyone else experiencing significant gusts?

I know, I know: It's Sat. p.m., get a life, tinkerbelle!

Posted by: tinkerbelle | July 12, 2008 11:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure it will get nice and toasty and humid when cross country starts at school, August 16th.

I'm not too far from you Tinkerbelle, and there's no wind at all for me in Bethesda. By the way, I saw you when I went to Disney a few weeks ago. ;-)

Posted by: Peter | July 13, 2008 1:03 AM | Report abuse

ghjyutr hlrpvba oqme ivrdacw
http://nywqgdke.25am.com/jewel-of62/ jewel of the bay junk cruise

Posted by: jewel of the bay junk cruise | August 20, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

ghjyutr hlrpvba oqme ivrdacw