The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 5:00 AM ET, 10/ 4/2008

Forecast: Fall at its Finest

By Jason Samenow

For at least the next five days, wonderful weather will wow Washington. The forecast is simple, short, and sweet: the days will be partly to mostly sunny with highs mainly 70-75 and the nights will be clear and cool with lows in the 40s (suburbs) to the near 50 (downtown). That's the gist of it, but keep reading for the delightful details...

TODAY (SATURDAY)

Mostly sunny, 71-74. An area of high pressure will sit parked to the north supporting ample sunshine while delivering a coolish 5-10 mph breeze. Temperatures will nudge above 70 at most locations for mid-to-late afternoon highs.

Clear and cool overnight, with lows in the low-to-mid 40s in the suburbs to near 50 downtown.

Confidence: High

Keep reading for the forecast through the week. See UnitedCast for tonight's game and our Weather Wall for the ultimate overview of D.C. area current conditions.

TOMORROW (SUNDAY)

Mostly sunny, 74-77. Tomorrow will be slightly warmer than today and among the warmest days in the next week or so. Abundant sunshine will help boost temperatures into the mid 70s. Winds will be light.

The warm afternoon will be followed by a crisp evening, with lows dropping down to the 40s in the suburbs and near 50 downtown.

Confidence: High

A LOOK AHEAD

Monday through Wednesday will feature more of the same dry and pleasant weather. Of the three days, Monday will be the warmest with highs in the mid 70s. After a weak cold front passes through the area Monday night, highs will drop to the upper 60s to near 70 Tuesday and Wednesday. Overnight lows will continue in the 40s to around 50. Confidence: Medium-High

By Jason Samenow  | October 4, 2008; 5:00 AM ET
Categories:  Forecasts
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: UnitedCast: Cool for Kicks
Next: Weather Service Open House Two Weeks Away

Comments

It's a beautiful 51.8°F this Saturday Morning at 6:13 AM.

No matter what the temperature is after my SAT, I'm taking a nap. Hahaha. I get up at 5:15 every morning, and it's reallllly hard to get up at 5:15 on a Saturday morning too. Oh well, nothing you can do about it - just hope it's worthwhile and I get a perfect 2400 and you guys will see me on CNN! Hehehe.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go outside and breathe in the cool, fresh air to help wake me up. Enjoy the beautiful day everyone!!

Posted by: weatherdudeVA | October 4, 2008 6:17 AM | Report abuse

Good luck with your SATs, weatherdude! I took mine 26 years ago during the Stone Age :-)

Posted by: David A. in Stafford | October 4, 2008 6:46 AM | Report abuse

Multiply my SAT score x 2 and that still would have only gotten me into an average college.

Posted by: Wink | October 4, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

@Weatherdude, I hope they went well. I took my SATs round about 34 years ago before the Stone Age even started. :-)

Posted by: Murre | October 4, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse