The new Washington
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 3:15 PM ET, 10/ 7/2008

PM Update: Clear Skies and Cool Temperatures

By Ian Livingston

Pleasant conditions continue Wednesday

Webcam: Latest view of D.C. from the Netherlands Carillon at Arlington National Cemetery. Courtesy National Park Service. Refresh page to update. See this image bigger on our Weather Wall.

Following one of the chillier mornings of this season, today has been brilliantly sunny if not a little cool. High temperatures are now rising to the mid 60s across much of the area as mostly clear skies continue. Expect temperatures to drop back toward the 50s as the sun sets this evening, setting the stage for another brisk one overnight.

Tonight: Mostly clear skies will start the night, but some clouds may move in late. Temperatures will once again be quite chilly overnight even though they may stay a bit higher than last night. Look for low 40s in the coolest suburbs up to around 50 in D.C.

Tomorrow: Wednesday will begin partly to mostly sunny and trend cloudier as the day goes on. Slightly warmer conditions will arrive on a southerly flow and temperatures should rise to the low 70s. Winds will generally be light.

See Matt's full forecast through the beginning of next week.

By Ian Livingston  | October 7, 2008; 3:15 PM ET
Categories:  Forecasts
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sarah Palin: How Dare You?
Next: Forecast: Mother Nature's Bail Out Already Working

Comments

Heyyyy, I was poking around the weather section of the Washington Post this morning and they linked you guys. Right under the weather section, right along the fold of the paper:

"The Capital Weather Gang blogs about all things weather in the Washington area on washingtonpost.com"

Congrats on the paper plugging you! How long has it been there? I'm gonna feel stupid if you say "since we've been here," but I have an excuse. I don't get the newspaper, and if we did I wouldn't have time to read it.

In other weather...it's 62° here after being 44 this morning. I was fine this morning without a coat (yes, I'm crazy), but this afternoon I was shivering and shaking like a cell phone on vibrate mode.

Posted by: weatherdudeVA | October 7, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

From www.dcrtv.com:

NBC To Shut Down Weather Plus - 10/7 - The sun is setting on NBC Weather Plus, the four-year-old digital joint venture between NBC and local stations, including Channel 4/WRC, which programmed the 24/7 local weather service on their digital channels. NBC News President Steve Capus informed the Weather Plus staff headquartered at CNBC facilities in Englewood NJ Tuesday morning that the operation would be phased out in stages through the end of the year. NBC recently purchased the Weather Channel. TVWeek has more.....

Posted by: weatherdudeVA | October 7, 2008 8:15 PM | Report abuse

"Congrats on the paper plugging you! How long has it been there? I'm gonna feel stupid if you say "since we've been here," but I have an excuse. I don't get the newspaper, and if we did I wouldn't have time to read it"

For quite awhile Weatherdude....quite awhile. That is why when you log in you see the Washington Post website at the top of the page with News, Local, Opinion, Sports. and all the other sections of the paper. And here is some advice. Buy the print edition of the paper once in awhile. Your parents should be already getting it. Not your fault but they are doing you a diservice by not subscribing to a paper.

Posted by: Jay | October 7, 2008 10:05 PM | Report abuse

I think they should plug the CWG on the front page. How about "The Washington Post--AND the Capital Weather Gang" for a masthead?

Posted by: mcleaNed | October 7, 2008 11:19 PM | Report abuse

I think the front page should use the CWG forecast in the top left part of the page. That'd be great, and more accurate than the one they have now.

When does the winter forecast come out again?

Posted by: Kenny | October 8, 2008 12:53 AM | Report abuse

The reference in the weather section of the WP to CWG has been there as long as I can remember. However, it does NOT link to the CWG, just to Washington Post.com.

There is a link at the top to weather, but not CWG. For anyone unfamiliar with this page, it's very difficult to find the link to CWG, and I suspect many will give up in frustration.

You'd think that the WP with its CWG contract would want to make it easy to find CWG by just giving the direct link to it on the printed edition weather page. If you agree, make your opinions known to the WP - the ole "only the squeaky wheel gets the oil" syndrome.

Posted by: TBull | October 8, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse