The new Washington
Jump to CWG's
Latest Full Forecast
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 1:18 PM ET, 10/27/2008

Update: Gusty Showers Passing Through Region

By Capital Weather Gang

A line of showers -- now just west of the District -- will swing eastward through downtown and into the eastern suburbs in the next hour. Briefly heavy rain and gusty winds are possible as these showers pass by. Some sleet could mix in with the rain especially north of town. A bit of sleet has been reported in the western suburbs. Temperatures will drop into the 40s as the rain moves through. For the remainder of the afternoon, it should be partly to mostly cloudy, windy and quite cool, with temperatures only recovering to 50 degrees or so.

See our full forecast for the outlook through the weekend.

By Capital Weather Gang  | October 27, 2008; 1:18 PM ET
Categories:  Updates
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Freedman: Planning Your Global Warming Vacation
Next: PM Update: A Preview of Cold Times to Come

Comments

I've seen several reports of sleet in this line, down as far south as NC. Radar has a wintry look to it this afternoon.

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | October 27, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

I'm pretty sure I saw some very wet, sloppy snowflakes hitting my windshield at the height of the showers. It looked like heavy rain falling, but I did see the splatter of small ice particles all over my windshield as each mostly melted flake hit the glass. I don't think it was sleet.

Posted by: Kevin-CapitalWeatherGang | October 27, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Eeek! I left the windows open at home this morning. And I'm not ready for sleet! This calls for chocolate...

Posted by: --sg | October 27, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

This rain snuck up on us. Will it be over before the dreaded rush hour?

Posted by: jojo2008 | October 27, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse