I Resolve To...
This is the time for making New Year's resolutions. Despite good intentions, most resolutions are likely forgotten or ignored by the time folks remember to write 2009 rather than 2008 on their checks (me included!). Nevertheless, here goes with some of my resolutions. I resolve to...
* Be less obsessed with snowstorms and extreme weather (get a life, as my wife says)
* Not come off as a weather geek in social conversations (change subject)
Keep reading for the rest of my New Year's resolutions...
* Be more tolerant of climate change naysayers (agree to disagree?)
* Avoid Monday morning quarterbacking of others' busted forecasts (but learn from my own busts)
* Head for shore when thunderstorms are approaching my small boat on Lake Anna (don't be one of those guys)
* Not complain about any type of weather (even cold rain!)
* Leave storm chasing to the younger folks (but watching videos just isn't the same)
* Reduce my bookmarked weather sites from hundreds to top 10 (#1, of course, CWG)
* Remember to take in my rain gauge when temperatures go below freezing (plastic cracks when liquid in gauge freezes; seems I need a new one every year)
* Be prepared for weather-related emergencies (stock up on bread, milk and toilet paper before it's too late)
* Control tendency toward road rage on snow/ice-covered roads (D.C. area drivers seem unable to distinguish between ideal and treacherous road conditions)
That's my list! Please feel free to comment below with your own New Year's Resolutions.
The comments to this entry are closed.