The new Washington
Jump to CWG's
Latest Full Forecast
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 1:00 PM ET, 03/28/2009

UnitedCast: Soggy Soccer for Home Opener?

By Dan Stillman

* Our Full Forecast | Weather Wall | Soccer Insider *

United vs. Chicago
Saturday March 28, 7:30 p.m., RFK Stadium
KickoffFinal WhistleWeatherChance of Rain
49-53F49-53FShowers?60%
The season could get off to a damp and dismal start -- at least as far as the weather is concerned. Showers are possible during the game, especially in the 2nd half (though I know some of you consider soggy to be perfect soccer weather). A thunderstorm can't be ruled out, either. Dress appropriately -- both for the potential of rain and for cool temperatures mainly in the low 50s and fairly steady through the game.

UnitedCast appears on the day of every United home game. Also, if you haven't already, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

By Dan Stillman  | March 28, 2009; 1:00 PM ET
Categories:  UnitedCast
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: PM Update: Some More Showers Tonight
Next: Forecast: Much-Needed Rain for the Weekend

Comments

If it is raining, there must be a DC United match that day. I think my poncho is finally dry from last season. Vamos United! And thanks for this service Gang!!!!

Posted by: Sec131 | March 27, 2009 7:48 AM | Report abuse

Looks like chance of rain during the game is good, but is there a chance we could escape the tailgate with only a few passing showers at least?

THANKS for doing this again this season. You guys were money last year!

Posted by: NattyBo1985 | March 27, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

With all of the crazy weather at DCU games recently, this feature really comes in handy. I'll be there tomorrow night with my DCU rain coat...you are right - as long as you come prepared for the elements, rain can be a lot of fun...(not the case when you show up in shorts and a cold front with rain moves in at the last minute!)

Posted by: Pedalada | March 27, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Save Judge Parker!

Wait, wrong blog. Thanks for the info, love this service....

Posted by: JkR- | March 27, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I agree, you can still have fun at most sporting events if you are prepared for the weather.

On this day in weather history.. http://www.kansasvortex.com/

Posted by: eheadwest | March 27, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the info. Guess I might need my rain gear.

Posted by: Curious99 | March 28, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse