Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
The new Washington
Post Weather website
Jump to CWG's
Latest Full Forecast
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 3:15 PM ET, 04/10/2009

PM Update: Showery Start to Weekend

By Jason Samenow

Heavier showers, storms may wait until late tonight

* Ready for Severe Weather? | Grading our Winter Outlook *

A sunny Easter Sunday is on the way. But first we have the threat of showers and maybe thunderstorms to deal with through midday tomorrow. You'll want to carry your umbrella for the Friday commute home and any evening activities, but there's a good chance the bulk of the rain will hold off until later tonight.

Radar: Latest regional radar loop shows movement of precipitation over past two hours. Powered by HAMweather. Refresh page to update. Click here to see radar bigger. Or see radar bigger on our Weather Wall.

This Afternoon & Tonight: Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible (40% chance you'll see rain where you are) during the late afternoon and evening. But more widespread and heavier showers and storms should wait until after midnight (60% chance) when rain may be locally heavy. Evening temps will gradually fall through the 60s and into the 50s overnight before bottoming out near 50.

Tomorrow: Periods of rain are probable through the morning with precipitation ending sometime between noon and 2 p.m. as it looks now, followed by gradual clearing. A 15-25 mph breeze from the north will make highs near 60 feel a bit cooler.

Rainfall totals should average around 0.5", but locations experiencing heavier downpours could see over 1".

For the detailed outlook into early next week, see Camden's Full Forecast.

By Jason Samenow  | April 10, 2009; 3:15 PM ET
Categories:  Forecasts  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Are You Prepared for Severe Weather?
Next: Forecast: Showers Slowly End, Sun to Emerge

Comments

Tornadoes this afternoon--at least two fatalities in Murfreesboro, TN. System weakens to a general rain for us tomorrow morning. It could be over by early afternoon.

Posted by: Bombo47jea | April 10, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2012 The Washington Post Company