The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 6:26 PM ET, 05/11/2009

Line of T'storms to Roll Through Region

By Capital Weather Gang
Radar: Latest D.C. area radar loop shows movement of precipitation over past two hours. Powered by HAMweather. Refresh page to update. Click here to see radar bigger. Or see radar bigger on our Weather Wall.

Radar indicates a line of storms will sweep through the metro region in the next hour.

From the National Weather Service:

A LINE OF SHOWERS WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL MOVE ACROSS THE BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON CORRIDOR THROUGH ABOUT 8 PM THIS EVENING. BRIEF GUSTY WINDS UP TO 35 MPH MAY BE POSSIBLE WITH THIS ACTIVITY. ANY THUNDERSTORM MAY ALSO PRODUCE PEA-SIZED HAIL.

See the PM Update for the more tranquil outlook for overnight into tomorrow...

By Capital Weather Gang  | May 11, 2009; 6:26 PM ET
Categories:  Updates
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: PM Update: An Evening Shower; Thunder?
Next: Forecast: A Duo of Comfortably Cool Days

Comments

Looks like they are weakening as they come in.

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | May 11, 2009 6:51 PM | Report abuse

I hope so, I'm out of chocolate.

Posted by: --sg | May 11, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

In NW DC...The clouds are the darkest I've seen so far this spring.

Posted by: Ann-CapitalWeatherGang | May 11, 2009 7:21 PM | Report abuse

I'm starting to think those clouds are all talk and no walk...

Posted by: LaurainNWDC | May 11, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

It's a frog-drowner in West Springfield.

Posted by: bikerjohn | May 11, 2009 7:44 PM | Report abuse

Raining pretty heavily in Lake Ridge, but no thunder or lightning as yet.

So much for sending out for a pizza.

Posted by: meta2 | May 11, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

The rain just isn't quitting - peep the 10-day. It looks ugly.

Posted by: fleeciewool | May 11, 2009 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Its a botched-forecast soaker. Been raining steadily for two hours here in Vienna with two heavy downpours in the mix.

Posted by: rocotten | May 11, 2009 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Thanks a lot, Capital Weather, or should I say Cr... Well, I won't.

Snow Monster is now the Rain Monster after getting complete drenched, thanks to the earlier forecast of "patchy" and "light" rain, if any, amounting to less than 0.1 inches. Yeah right. My clothes are ruined and my lobster drowned in the ordeal.

To top it all off, my knitting circle was canceled.

The TV mets were joking about this blog tonight. Check out Sue Palka unleash on Capital Weather!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Wow. I'm angry about the blown forecast, too, but Palka's fury is totally unwarranted.

Posted by: SnowMonsterDC | May 11, 2009 8:37 PM | Report abuse