Recap: A Mild and Wet April
The National Weather Service in Sterling, Va. released its climate summary for April yesterday. Here are a few highlights from the Reagan National Airport (DCA) summary:
- Temperatures finished the month 0.9 degrees above average.
- The highest temperature was 92 on April 26. That was the highest April temperature since 2002, and just the second time it has been that hot in April in the last 19 years.
- Rainfall was 1.45" above average. It was the first month precipitation has been above average since September 2008, but the sixth consecutive April with above average precipitation.
Keep reading for more climate factoids from April...
Here are a few highlights from the Dulles Airport (IAD) summary:
- Temperatures were 2.7 degrees above average for the month.
- Three consecutive record highs of 92 degrees were set or tied April 25-27 at IAD -- just one degree off the record high for the month set on April 17, 2002. This was the first 3-day stretch in the 90s since records began in 1962.
- Record high minimums of 63 and 62 were set on April 27 and 28, respectively.
- Rainfall was 0.89" above average.
Posted by: crozet | May 5, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: JJones-CapitalWeatherGang | May 5, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: CapitalWeatherGang | May 5, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Bombo47jea | May 5, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: bastings | May 5, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.