The new Washington
Jump to CWG's
Latest Full Forecast
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 3:55 PM ET, 05/10/2009

Update: Monday Trends Cloudy With Rain Chance

By Dan Stillman

We mentioned on Friday that Monday was looking partly sunny with no rain, but that we needed to keep an eye on cloud cover and some showers to the south just in case.

Indeed, latest indications are (despite our forecast from this morning) that our return to nice weather may be interrupted tomorrow with more clouds than sun and a decent chance (50%) that we'll see an occasional shower roaming through. Temperatures will be cooler with highs in the 60s. Clearing and cool should be the story Monday night with lows in the 40s.

See our full forecast through Wednesday.

By Dan Stillman  | May 10, 2009; 3:55 PM ET
Categories:  Forecasts, Updates
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Forecast: No Rain on Mom's Parade
Next: Forecast: Briefly Rainy Today, Then Pleasant

Comments

Bombo, does this forecast bode well for dancing?

I'd love to see some videos of your dances. Here is a YouTube of a dance I did at a pig roast last summer.

People are still talking about that one. Wish my alligator was still with me. I miss him.

Posted by: SnowMonsterDC | May 10, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Thanks SnowMonster! I just lost my RickRolled virginity. I almost feel cool now, or am I suppose to feel ashamed?

Posted by: caphillse | May 10, 2009 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, SnowMonster, I don't have video equipment here, but you might want to check out Tom Koerner and Debra Sternberg at GottaSwing.com or Bobby at VIP Dances.com. I believe Tom & Debra have some swing dance videos on their web site.

Otherwise this bit of rain forecast for tomorrow is a bit of a nuisance, especially since the Weather Gang was promising us dry weather until Thursday. Once the rain dance crowd gets started, it's hard to get them stopped, just like the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Disney's Fantasia.

We do seem to be in a cool period for the time being. I'm starting to wonder though if all this moisture might bring out a few pre-Memorial Day fireflies, so I'll be watching things at dusk these next few evenings.

Posted by: Bombo47jea | May 10, 2009 11:56 PM | Report abuse

Still not happy over this return to "raw" after being promised a dry spell until Thursday...never trust any front that stalls SOUTH of the County Warning Forecast Area ... especially when the Rain Dance crowd is still plugging for yet more precip...

These hung-up stationary boundaries are an awfully mean bunch, about as bad as the Pittsburgh Penguins... GO CAPS!!!

Posted by: Bombo47jea | May 11, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I guess the hardcopy Post folks didn't get this memo... ran a blue sky image from yesterday on the cover saying it was the beginning of a multi-day stretch.

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | May 11, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse