The new Washington
Jump to CWG's
Latest Full Forecast
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 12:30 PM ET, 06/23/2009

Poll: How Many 90-degree Days?

By Jason Samenow

* Hot, Sticky Weather Coming: Full Forecast | NatCast *

In the June through August period, the D.C. area averages 31 90-degree days. So far in June, we've had only one day hit 90 or higher (June 2, which hit 90) though temperatures around 90 are in the forecast Thursday through Sunday. Our summer outlook calls for 35 90-degree days and last year we had 29.

So what do you think will happen this summer? Vote in the poll below, and if you're bold, enter a comment as well with your specific guess (e.g. 31). We'll rank the guesses that come in from best to worst in early September..

By Jason Samenow  | June 23, 2009; 12:30 PM ET
Categories:  Capital Weather Gang, Local Climate
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: An Atlantic Sunrise: Nags Head, North Carolina
Next: PM Update: Partly Cloudy and Quite Nice

Comments

I'll say 29.

Posted by: Murre | June 23, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Due to the moisture we've received we should have fewer 90+ degree days this summer than in a normal summer. However the development and positioning of high-pressure ridges this summer will likely affect the number of hot days we get.

If we continue to be plagued by recurrent stalled-out frontal boundaries, we'll have a cooler, wetter summer than normal.

Posted by: Bombo47jea | June 23, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

26 here. We're low to start the summer.

Posted by: ah___ | June 23, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

I say 27 days of 90 or above.

Posted by: pjdunn1 | June 23, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: spgass1 | June 23, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I guessed 30 back in May on another site, so I guess I'll stick with that. Though we're going to need some help at this point I think.

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | June 23, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse