The new Washington
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 1:00 PM ET, 09/17/2009

Anchor to Weatherman: Keep Plucking That Chicken

By Capital Weather Gang

* Our Full Forecast | Poll: A Cup of Climate With Your Weather? *

Actually, that's not what FOX-5 (New York City) news anchor Ernie Anastos said to meteorologist Nick Gregory at the end of his weathercast last night. Replace the "Pl" in plucking with an "F" and there you have a truly bizarre slip of the tongue. Watch the clip (caution: video contains profanity).

In a month of embarrassing public gaffes and outbursts (courtesy of Serena Williams, Kanye West and Joe Wilson), does this possibly take the cake?

By Capital Weather Gang  | September 17, 2009; 1:00 PM ET
Categories:  Media
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Poll: A Cup of Climate With Your Weather?
Next: PM Update: Dreary Through Tonight, Then Nicer

Comments

I still have a VHS copy of a segment from my college station newscast where my co-anchor (who called me by my nickname daily, except during the show) totally blanked on my actual name, let out a resounding expletive, and put her head down on the desk. It was the best transition to the weather segment I've ever been a part of.

Posted by: Brian-CapitalWeatherGang | September 17, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Brian, any chance she'd agree to let you post that? :-D

Posted by: --sg | September 17, 2009 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Anastos created a howl
When urging his colleague to prowl
For bestiality
Such immorality!
And pluck to use language so fowl!

News Short n' Sweet by JFD8

Posted by: jd121 | September 18, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

~sg, if I can find it and convert it to digital I'd love to.

Posted by: Brian-CapitalWeatherGang | September 18, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

This weather woman's uncontrollable laughter is pretty good too:

Posted by: AndrewArlVA | September 18, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse