Flash Flood Watch Sunday afternoon & night
* Reprieve from rain today, showers develop tomorrow: Full Forecast *
From the National Weather Service:
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A
* FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF MARYLAND...VIRGINIA AND NORTHEAST WEST VIRGINIA.
* FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY MORNING
* A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH THE AREA SUNDAY AFTERNOON. RAINFALL AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF 1" PER HOUR WILL BE POSSIBLE THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT. FLASH FLOOD GUIDANCE IS LOW - AS LITTLE AS 1" IN AN HOUR OF RAIN COULD CAUSE CREEKS AND STREAMS TO GO OUT OF THEIR BANKS.
* RAINFALL TOTALS APPROACHING 2" WILL BE POSSIBLE THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP THAT LEAD TO FLASH FLOODING. FLASH FLOODING IS A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.
YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS BE ISSUED.
Emphasis added in bold text
Posted by: bdeco | January 23, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Yellowboy | January 23, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: spgass1 | January 23, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Bombo47jea | January 23, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: jojo2008 | January 23, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: pjdunn1 | January 23, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: FusilliJerry1 | January 23, 2010 11:20 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: waterfrontproperty | January 24, 2010 12:46 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.