The new Washington
Jump to CWG's
Latest Full Forecast
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 8:45 PM ET, 02/ 3/2010

Help CWG name the potential storm

By Andrew Freedman

Suggestions are in, now it's time to vote. Click to go to the polls.

As we gear up for the impending storm on Friday: we face an urgent decision. What are we going to call it? We've already had a "snowpocalypse." Can there be two snowpocalypses without undermining the meaning of the term? I'm doubtful. Many readers have suggested names in our comments section, such as "snowbliteration," "Snowpocalypse II: The Revenge!!," "Super Snowl," and "The Great Superbowl Superstorm of 2010," which already has a Facebook fan page, as does Snowpocalypse.

The storm was a regionally trending topic on Twitter this afternoon, with the most popular hashtag being the rather nonsensical "snomgasm." Other hashtag candidates in the running are #snOMG2, #SNOMFG, #snowtweets, and #dcsnow. Personally, I like to personify storms a bit more, like we do with hurricanes. Anyone else want to call this storm Kaiser Soze? Who's with me? My brother just suggested #snobama and #universalsnocare.

Comment with your recommendations for storm name and/or Twitter hashtags. You can be original or cast your vote for existing candidates. Keep it clean though, please. Tomorrow, we'll narrow down the recommendations and run a poll to crown the winners.

By Andrew Freedman  | February 3, 2010; 8:45 PM ET
Categories:  Freedman, News & Notes, Snowmageddon, Winter Storms
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: PM Update: Big snow becoming likely
Next: Update: Confidence increasing in high snow totals

Comments

how about Schneesturmathon! with a German twist :-)

Posted by: mahu1982 | February 3, 2010 8:55 PM | Report abuse

how about "the Great Senate Snowfu"

Posted by: corbinb | February 3, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

My recommendation - SNOWMAGEDDON

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Bush Revenge ?

Posted by: japsingh | February 3, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Snowriffic storm of 2010.

Posted by: irish031 | February 3, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

I like the name "The Super Bowl Stemwinder" -- Stemwinder, of course, being the befuddling term the NWS dropped on us the other day.

Also don't you mean Keyser Snoze, or even Keyser Snowday? :)

Posted by: cja- | February 3, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

#snowbowl44 #febsnow10 #2muchsnow #herewesnowagain

Posted by: dcborn61 | February 3, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

The Weather Channel just called it "Mid Atlantic Mess" :-P

Posted by: megamuphen | February 3, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

All this hype makes me wary that we might need to call it "the Fizzler" if it doesn't live up to expectations.

Posted by: snowmomma | February 3, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

How about "The Great 2010 Less Than 2, 2 to 6, 6 to 12, 12+, Check Back Tomorrow Snowcastrophe"

Posted by: manatt | February 3, 2010 9:03 PM | Report abuse

I've been calling it BlizzardPalooza '10

Posted by: tridentbulldog | February 3, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse

I kinda like Snow-F***-Yourself

Posted by: tbridge1 | February 3, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

SNOWPOCALYPSE II - HOARY WHITE DEATH FROM ABOVE 2010

Posted by: Arlington09 | February 3, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

I'm obviously unoriginal but can't we simply call it a snow storm? Does everything have to have a name, or be called something-gate?

Posted by: Dungarees | February 3, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

@manatt

I like it, but that's an awful long #hashtag.

Posted by: Vingold | February 3, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse II: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by: ChrisMcClinch | February 3, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by: ASVA | February 3, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Snowper Bowl?

Posted by: TheMot | February 3, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Oh wow, what were the odds of that, Chris?

I like the way you think :-)

Posted by: ASVA | February 3, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Lets wait and see if we get a lot of snow first before we come up with names

Posted by: fortheglory05 | February 3, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

THE GREAT SUPER BOWL STORM OF 2010!!!

Posted by: bdeco | February 3, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse Part Deux: Back in Action

Posted by: BruinGirl2001 | February 3, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

"The Groundhog was Right!" Storm

Anyone remember the Fizzler of 2001???

Posted by: joshvt | February 3, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

#snowbowl Let's just keep it simple.

Posted by: evwill | February 3, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

SnowZorn - because before the last one leaves this one comes to town, we're all told it will be special and is supposed to be better, but come Sunday we'll all be disappointed.

Posted by: claytonmedford | February 3, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Inspired by the movie "Jaws":

"I'm gonna need a bigger shovel..."

OK, too long...

Posted by: ASColletti | February 3, 2010 9:14 PM | Report abuse

And an even simpler name:
SNOWHITE

Posted by: ekohn1 | February 3, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Kaiser Snowze

Posted by: SnowTony | February 3, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

"Snow-M-G!"

Posted by: GD1975 | February 3, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

SNOWGASM!

Posted by: gonzosnose | February 3, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

We'll have plenty of time to discuss the name during those 3-5 days we're sheltering in place.

Posted by: 20009matt | February 3, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Are you people TRYING to jinx this?

Posted by: hobbes9 | February 3, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

It has to be Snowpocalypse II. No doubt.

Posted by: cassander | February 3, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

This feels like Sno' Mo' to me.

Posted by: MosesCleaveland | February 3, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Snow Ball 2010

Posted by: dclindybomb | February 3, 2010 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Snobal Warming

Posted by: jbizzle25 | February 3, 2010 9:22 PM | Report abuse

CWG - Does it look like the NAM is trying to push this further south on the latest run? Any thoughts on this - have you noticed it in any other models? Would it change the phasing?

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

#SnoWTF has a nice Twitter ring to it

Posted by: dalison | February 3, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

@300_sq_ft: I think the 18z NAM was really far north anyway, so this might just be a correction back to the original path?

Posted by: hobbes9 | February 3, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

or... "Super Snow MMX"

Posted by: manatt | February 3, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

I like "Snowbliteration," with "Kaiser Snow-ze" as a close second.

Posted by: truyle | February 3, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

@hobbes9 - I hope you're right. Either way, we're in for something good, but I don't like to see a shift as we get closer to the event, you know?

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

My preference is to have SNOW in the moniker...so if we you nominate Kaiser, will you accept a friendly amendment of Kaiser Snowze?

I agree with Arlington and Cassander and others: SNOWPOCALYPSE 2 /Deux/Redux/ II flows well and that gets my vote!

Posted by: sullivanva1 | February 3, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

tbridge1, for the win!

Posted by: SubRosa2 | February 3, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

@hobbes9 - I agree, let's not name this chicken two days before hatching. I really don't want a bust!

Posted by: mmurphy70 | February 3, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Snowlamity 2010
Who Dat? gonna snow on DC
snowPad

Posted by: jeffreymays | February 3, 2010 9:36 PM | Report abuse

"Snurricane"

Posted by: whateva1 | February 3, 2010 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Tai_Shan's_Big_Dump

Posted by: chunche | February 3, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

A name for the lovers and haters: S'no Problem

Posted by: beetsnotbeats | February 3, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

I honor of the NO Saints and their improbable season, I say "SnowDat?"

Posted by: Somethingness | February 3, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

I second "SNOWMAGEDDON"!!

Posted by: juantana | February 3, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

No one likes SNOWMAGEDDON?

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Why thank you Juantana - you obviously have excellent taste

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

temperatures seem to be trending up...is this going to be a problem?

Posted by: rocotten | February 3, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

I can't resist -- snow on Superbowl weekend...."Barry's revenge"

Posted by: erbele | February 3, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Snowmageddon is so 2009. I'm going the Michael Bay route:

Snowmageddon II: Revenge of the Fallen Snow.

Posted by: mirrorball | February 3, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

The Great Superbowl Superstorm of 2010 is my favorite!

Posted by: samdman95 | February 3, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Mirrorball - nicely done

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 9:45 PM | Report abuse

i like "super snowl".

we could also call it SchoolinJuly, since that is the likely scenario if we miss any more school days...

Posted by: dinergirl1 | February 3, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Geez this run of the NAM looks gorgeous. 2-2.5" of QPF, and that 2.5" line is very close to DC...

Posted by: hobbes9 | February 3, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

the great superbowl superstorm of 2010 facebook page has over 250 fans! seems like people are psyched for this storm!

Posted by: samdman95 | February 3, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Too Big To Avail OR Too Big To Prevail

Posted by: sheldoncg | February 3, 2010 9:55 PM | Report abuse

#1 SNOWBOWL
#2 SNOMG
#3 SNOWGASM

Posted by: allisondt | February 3, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

How about the "Great February 5 Birthday Party Terminator of 2010" ? I have lived in Northern VA all my life (Friday makes it 53 years), and I have had birthday celebration plans cancelled or greatly changed by snow and ice many times over the years. So of course, when my birthday lands on a weekend evening, the snow monster rears its ugly head once again. I am not looking for sympathy -- these things happen -- but folks with warm weather birthdays do not usually have to contend with snow storm cancelation threats.

Posted by: southardsm | February 3, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

I dub thee: SNOWZILLA!

Posted by: ironmanjt | February 3, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

The Pre-Game Snow?

Posted by: spazmojack | February 3, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Snowdown at the DC Corral

Posted by: spazmojack | February 3, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

CATASTRASNOW

Posted by: rag34 | February 3, 2010 10:00 PM | Report abuse

The Day After Tomorrow?

Posted by: spazmojack | February 3, 2010 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Snow-You-Didn't or Snowtastrophe

Posted by: MilliMike | February 3, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

My vote's for Kaiser Snowze.

Posted by: Section406 | February 3, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Snownami?

Posted by: gimmegreen | February 3, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Snowtacular Saturday

Posted by: spazmojack | February 3, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Why is Sue Palka being so conservative? Second night in a row she highlighted her coverage with talk about how it's being over-hyped. She actually just said it could be the SECOND biggest storm of the season. Sue - what's up?

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

hee hee! i think i like "herewesnowagain", suggested by a commenter above. but it doesn't make a very good storm name, even though it's a good twitter hashtag.

Posted by: absentmindedprof | February 3, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

how about "the double decker"?

Posted by: jjsoccer1125 | February 3, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Super Snowybowl!

Posted by: GD1975 | February 3, 2010 10:10 PM | Report abuse

hmm...snow over the weekend...snow last night..and now this one...

Hat Trick 10!! C-A-P...CAPS CAPS CAPS!!

Posted by: SPS1 | February 3, 2010 10:11 PM | Report abuse

Is there anything wrong with #SNOgasm?

Posted by: BaseballFan4Life | February 3, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

"S2 - The revenge" works.

Posted by: oldtimehockey | February 3, 2010 10:13 PM | Report abuse

"Snowpacolypse Now Redux"

Posted by: oldtimehockey | February 3, 2010 10:13 PM | Report abuse

Darn, MilliMike stole my answer:

SNOW YOU DIDN'T!!!

Posted by: spunkydawg1 | February 3, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Snowfulupagus (for the Sesame Street fans in the crowd)

It's big, "hairy", people used to think it was imaginary (i.e never happens here!) :-)

(I know, I know, quit jinxing it! Sorry!)

Posted by: cotterpinx | February 3, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

I agree with the comment about Sue Palka from Fox.. If she knows something that the National Weather Service doesn't, just come out and tell us... THE NWS is the one who threw out that 20 inch figure today.. (and did you notice how that other weatherman who followed her appeared to distance himself from her conservatism?)

Posted by: realclear | February 3, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

How about a SNOWVALANCHE?

Posted by: spunkydawg1 | February 3, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

...From the previous CWG thread...

The 00Z NAM is certainly better than its very disappointing 18Z run. It starts with snow but indicates a changeover to sleet after a couple of inches of accumulation. Then it doesn't come back to snow until about 60 hours. By then it has about a half inch of juice left for DCA.

Under that model, we get some nice fat flakes, a pretty accumulation, and then 6-12 hours of yucky sleet before changing back (that's for DCA).

On the plus side, the temperature gradient at 850mb to our southeast is REALLY impressive, much more so than in previous runs of either model. That's going to definitely shove some stuff skywards! Maybe the dynamics can overdrive the model? So why does the thickness then stay so high?

I'm going to wait on the GFS before I stick my neck out. But that IS one pretty, pretty cyclone on the OOZ NAM. Sure looks like at least some decent wind!

Posted by: pmichaels1 | February 3, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

How about "Impending Doom (Maybe)"

Posted by: jay4811 | February 3, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Snobal Warming

Posted by: jbizzle25 | February 3, 2010 9:22 PM
____________________________

LOL

Posted by: DagnyT | February 3, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

THE GREAT FLAKE OUT!!!

Posted by: spunkydawg1 | February 3, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

BTW name a storm before it appears and you might as well as call it The Jinxed Storm.

Posted by: pmichaels1 | February 3, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Snownomenon

Posted by: Narrows | February 3, 2010 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Son of Snowpacalypse

Posted by: SkinsDiesel | February 3, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

@mirrorball how about Snowpocalypse II: Revenge of the Fallen Snow

Posted by: BruinGirl2001 | February 3, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

I don't like this naming business. High jinx potential. I refuse to participate.

Posted by: Snowlover2 | February 3, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

OK, I've got it now... think Roberto Duran here...

SNOW MAS!

Posted by: spunkydawg1 | February 3, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

I like Snowfalupagus. Not very ominous sounding though. :-)

Posted by: megamuphen | February 3, 2010 10:26 PM | Report abuse

SNO-MIGHTY!!
And if it fizzles, "O-snow-you-DIDN'T."

Or, I like jbizzle25's idea, but altering it slightly: Snoball Warning.

Posted by: dmcqb | February 3, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

I like the whimsical "Flake-o-rama."

Posted by: krosseel | February 3, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

SuperHype, the Sequel

Posted by: a_media_hawk | February 3, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

For those of you worried about jinxing the storm by naming it, you have to admit that you are at least entertained by some of the names. I want snow as much as the next snow lover, but these posts are cracking me up and making me want to participate!

Posted by: BruinGirl2001 | February 3, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Ain't_No_Snowplow_High_Enough

Posted by: chunche | February 3, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

REALCLEAR - yes I noticed that too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm not sure what she has to back up her skepticism - so far every storm we had this winter has overperformed.

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Budget_Buster

Posted by: chunche | February 3, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

The Great Snowcyclone of 2010

Posted by: redskinsfan01 | February 3, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Snovatar? Slusharama? Foggy Bottom Freezeup?
$5 Footdeep? The Curse of Cheney?

Posted by: maggots | February 3, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

I like #herewesnowagain since it works regardless of totals and we have many snow falls within a few days. Plus, if the insanity continues next week we can keep the same hashtag; not like the snow is disappearing in between. Next week brings its own new huge totals then it can have its own name. Kinda long for twitter but so is #snowpocalypse2 which if we edge over 18" is what I may switch to. If it were Sunday I could go for #snowbowl, but event is Fri/Sat. Some other thoughts: #pileup10 #snopile10 #snowpileF10 #201002snow2 (and last night was #201002snow1) I also have to work Friday, so hope for a slow enough beginning that the road and parking lot crews keep up.

Posted by: johnslau | February 3, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Flake Superior

Posted by: cotterpinx | February 3, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Spongebob Snowpants?

Posted by: maggots | February 3, 2010 10:35 PM | Report abuse

Gosh I guess this naming thing is a nice distraction, but hopefully we can get back to discussing the models and storm development in the morning.

Haven't heard much from Jim in VA who wisely advised we keep an eye on the wind direction in the next 24 hours. Other things to look for:

- the strength and position of the high pressure (big highs, big lows - big snows)

- whether southern T-storms take away any of the energy

- whether the actual position of the storm matches the prediction of the models (esp. the NAM)

The storm track of Brownsville to OBX in a blocking situation is a real winner for snow in DC.

Oh yeah: Electric Boogaloo was pretty hilarious. Kudos!

Posted by: curtmccormick | February 3, 2010 10:36 PM | Report abuse

I like Snovatar.

Cosmo's Storm of the Year AKA "Is that your snowblower, Senator Scott Brown, or are you just happy to see me?"

Posted by: chunche | February 3, 2010 10:37 PM | Report abuse

yup, down there some...I agree with SNOMAGEDDON!

It has a nice soothing RUN FOR THE HILLS! feel.

Posted by: brandonesque | February 3, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse

Snowlover2: You have it right. The Snow God despises the sin of Presumption.

Posted by: pmichaels1 | February 3, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

By now, jaded parents have started sending their kids out with sleds on their own -- I mean, how badly can they really hurt themselves plowing into a snowbank at eight miles per hour? The parents, meanwhile... well, anyway, I'm calling this one The 2010 Snowrgasm.

Posted by: stupid4 | February 3, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

That's 4 so far for my name - SNOWMAGEDDON!!!!!!!!

I like the way you think Brandon

Posted by: 300_sq_ft | February 3, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

TaylorDrift (I'ma let you finish...)

Posted by: cotterpinx | February 3, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

It's the Snowruption of the Century!

Posted by: mlipin | February 3, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

Winter_Weekend_Whopper3

Posted by: chunche | February 3, 2010 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Snoverkill?

Posted by: maggots | February 3, 2010 10:44 PM | Report abuse

Kaiser Snowze?

The greatest trick a snow storm ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

[about Keyser Snowze]
Verbal: Then he showed those men of will what 12 inches really was.

Kaiser Snowze all the way.

Posted by: ditroradio | February 3, 2010 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Sloverkill is good

SnonotgonnaworkMonday

Posted by: chunche | February 3, 2010 10:46 PM | Report abuse

snoblivion?

Posted by: maggots | February 3, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

DH votes for
#snovechkin
#snowvechkin
It is a streak.....

He has others but you said clean......

Posted by: johnslau | February 3, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

I'm with pmichaels. Just bad luck to name a storm before it materializes.

Posted by: nlcaldwell | February 3, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

The 2010 White "Out" House

Posted by: maljal | February 3, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Blizzardfest?

Posted by: maggots | February 3, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Snowatergate?

(should have quit with Snovatar)

Posted by: maggots | February 3, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

snowmageddon is good. snowtastrophe is good too.

I've also heard tale of "paralysis," so I'd also like to submit: Snowralysis.

Posted by: yemphan | February 3, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

You missed the mark. It's not Kaiser Soze, it's KAISER SNOWZE!

What is Kaiser Snowze you ask?

It's a snowstorm that finishes with an ending that redefines the reality of everything that has come before...

Posted by: mattlesnake | February 3, 2010 10:58 PM | Report abuse

I have a couple:

"Suxxors"

"SayItSaintSnow"

"SnowJoke"

:P

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | February 3, 2010 10:58 PM | Report abuse

Snowzapalusa?

Posted by: maggots | February 3, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

Thx for the suggestions so far! Here are two from my brother, Brett, which I was unable to include in the post itself because of time constraints: #snobama and #universalsnocare.

Posted by: Andrew-CapitalWeatherGang | February 3, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

yea. We saw Brett's suggestions in the main text.

Posted by: chunche | February 3, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Won't name it yet...But will officially introduce the El Bombo Rogues' Gallery.

Membership in the Rogues' Gallery is open in several categories:

1. Weather. Any disagreeable or disapproved weather. My favorite category for membership is those raw, nasty, windy rainy spells that Washington gets all too often. Other Rogues' Gallery weather includes: "Blowtorch" mild spells during meteorological winter, warm-air advection which "busts" promising snowstorms, and any thunderstorm or similar weather which interferes with a dance date or errand. Not all thunderstorms make the Rogues' Gallery, but any weather which cuts off my power does.

2. Anyone who posts advocacy of weather cited above, especially raw, rainy weather or weather that "busts" promising snowstorms; also anyone "dissing" liberalism or promoting right-wing denials of climate change. Mr. Q, apparently you're a charter member of the Rogues' Gallery.

Tonight's addition to the Rogues' Gallery: the WSSC, for replacing chloramine with chlorine in our water supply. My hot bath this evening had all the atmosphere of a chlorinated swimming pool! I don't know if it really "cleans the pipes" as you suggest, but it is reputed to cause cancer. The chloramine is far more tolerable.

Posted by: Bombo47jea | February 3, 2010 11:03 PM | Report abuse

I'm liking snowzilla myself, maybe snowapalooza. I coined snowmageddon the other day to people at work but I guess someone beat me to the post here. I think ultimately it should be some kind of twist on "How's dis for global warming eh?"

Posted by: paul-Sterling | February 3, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

Easy. It's the Moreaster.

BB

Posted by: FairlingtonBlade | February 3, 2010 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't anyone else think that it's time for some MUCH NEEDED RAIN?

Posted by: stuckman | February 3, 2010 11:15 PM | Report abuse

This is easy: Snowpocalypse 2: The Squeakquel.

Posted by: johnsoncg | February 3, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

I love snOMG!!!

I don't think snowgasm works, because many people by now have mixed feelings about getting another snow storm, especially not even midweek to earn them some days off work.

DC's epic snowjob of 2010.

Posted by: sandygbandy | February 3, 2010 11:20 PM | Report abuse

OK now the GFS thickness is high for the critical portion of the storm. Adding the NAM and GFS together for DCA and not north and west--I see a few inches on Friday, a sleety night ("I hate the sound of sleet in the night", apologies to Apocalypse Now), and a total of 6.5 +/- 1.5. Which is also going to depend upon how they measure what falls and then gets smacked down. I'm saying that's the amount on the ground when it is said and done.

Waste of a pretty cyclone...Hope I am wrong.

Posted by: pmichaels1 | February 3, 2010 11:20 PM | Report abuse

My faves:

Ain't_No_Snowplow_High_Enough

Tai_Shan's_Big_Dump (see cuz he's leaving tonight, and he ate a lot of bamboo...)

Snoverkill

SnonotgonnaworkMonday

#herewesnowagain

Posted by: chunche | February 3, 2010 11:26 PM | Report abuse

+1 for Super Bowl Stemwinder

Posted by: SkywalkerSS | February 3, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

My 2 cents - "SuperSnowWeekend (XV, XVI, XVII, XX, or whatever accumulation we end up with)!

Posted by: beerherenow | February 3, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Pat

Go to this website, and create a sounding at KDCA at 48 hours (0z Sat) on the WRF (aka NAM/ETA) model: http://weather.niu.edu/machine/fcstsound.html That's a snow sounding, not a sleet sounding.

Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | February 3, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

SNOMORE...

SNOKIDDING...

SNOWBALLWARMING...

SNOBLIVION...

Posted by: Oregon2 | February 3, 2010 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Snomore

Posted by: antiquerain | February 3, 2010 11:44 PM | Report abuse

#SNOMGWTFBBQ

BBQ for superbowl weekend.

Posted by: cheno | February 3, 2010 11:52 PM | Report abuse

Damn it, you people don't understand marketing.

Offer the naming rights on an eBay auction. Start the reserve at $1000.

Posted by: angelos_peter | February 3, 2010 11:52 PM | Report abuse

Shnow 'nuf

Posted by: GreerH1 | February 3, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

I like "Revenge of Son of Snowpocalypse II: The Flurrying", for maximum ridiculous dramatic effect.

Or "Snowmaggedon Part Two: The Thrilla In Vanilla".

Or perhaps simply "Snow Long".

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 4, 2010 12:00 AM | Report abuse

The Bowl Blizzard, or Bowlizzard (Maybe: Bowlizzard XLIV, or Bowlizzard 2010).

Posted by: TheAnalyst | February 4, 2010 12:05 AM | Report abuse

I'm with SNOWZILLA (Blue Oyster Cult playing in the background). Kaiser Soze is amusing but I'd call it Kaiser SNOWZE.
It'll likely be the Super Bowl Party Pooper.
Any way you look at it, it looks to be a B*tch. These things always remind me of Bowling for Blizzards- it all depends on how it hooks. Sometimes it's a gutterball, other times it nails ya.
By the time Spring gets here, I'm gonna be buff!

You sure this is Virgina and not Vermont?

Posted by: ihuman | February 4, 2010 12:07 AM | Report abuse

I'm gonna go ahead and chime in defending #snomgasm.

snow + OMG + orgasm

What's nonsense about that? Keep up, people.

Posted by: VKap | February 4, 2010 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Jason--

Agree. But I wish we could see the same thing for Central VA in Feb 2003, because the other parameters were so close to what we see for DCA for this storm.

As Steve Colucci would say, "hope for the worst!"

Don't you get a bit queasy with a 546 thix at the height of the precip? I do!

As Tennesee Williams wrote, "Things have a way of not working out", and that certainly applies to DCA snow. I hope that sounding trumps the grosser model data.

Then again there are the sheer probabilities...last time DCA had FOUR pure snowstorms in a row? I realize that's not deterministic, but aren't we asking for a lot!? The problem is that we are trying to slice and dice something on a very fine line given that the slightest jiggle in the precip shield or the 850 field will play a big role. On the plus side, it was one of those unforseen (-36 hrs) jiggles that awarded us a fine snowstorm last Saturday.

Again, hope for the worst!

Posted by: pmichaels1 | February 4, 2010 12:10 AM | Report abuse

How about the Big Flake Out of 2010?

Posted by: populationtrends | February 4, 2010 12:12 AM | Report abuse

SNOWPOCALYPSE II: Bigger, Longer, Unthawed

Posted by: VitaFortissima | February 4, 2010 12:16 AM | Report abuse

Kaizer Snowze!!! For those not understanding the reference, it is to a great thriller movie called "The Usual Suspects".

Posted by: yetanotherpassword | February 4, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

I vote for SnowperBowl XLIV to personalize the storm.

If we go for a more generic name, I like Snowmageddon or Snowpocalypse II: Son of Snowpocalypse

Posted by: KCinCH | February 4, 2010 12:38 AM | Report abuse

Either the Ron Jeremy Storm or John Holmes Storm makes sense

Posted by: nativedc | February 4, 2010 12:42 AM | Report abuse

Shovel Up and Deal
Snow Country For Old Men (Winter?)
Snow End in Sight
Snow Love Lost

These aren't so much good names as bad puns

Posted by: johnja97 | February 4, 2010 12:50 AM | Report abuse

Snoverdose...

and quite liking "snoblivion."

Posted by: dclioness1 | February 4, 2010 12:54 AM | Report abuse

Snowway!

Posted by: rcupps | February 4, 2010 1:13 AM | Report abuse

Count me in as "seconding" SNOW FAL(L) UP AGUS. My properly-warm hat is tipped to the creative poster up thread.

Posted by: sullivanva1 | February 4, 2010 1:15 AM | Report abuse

SNOWEAQUEL

Posted by: Juan-John | February 4, 2010 1:33 AM | Report abuse

kaiser snowze FTW!

best idea of 2010.

Posted by: freckleface | February 4, 2010 1:40 AM | Report abuse

The Day After Tommorrow

Posted by: ewilmore | February 4, 2010 2:04 AM | Report abuse

Okay, mine was silly. I like Snowmagedden and Snowbal Warming.

Posted by: ewilmore | February 4, 2010 2:06 AM | Report abuse

#snowtastic
#snowathon

Posted by: laural02 | February 4, 2010 2:09 AM | Report abuse

Quickly I'll weigh in... some good ones above too!

Snowmageddon

The 2010 Flake-Off

OR

Flake-a-thon

Posted by: krosseel | February 4, 2010 4:33 AM | Report abuse

Snowlocaust. Or Snowpocalypse II: the wrath of mother nature

Posted by: AdmiralX | February 4, 2010 6:38 AM | Report abuse

Incidentally, why is it that nor'easters aren't named when it seems clear that they have definable characteristics that set them apart from other storms, much like hurricanes? Would probably make them easier to track too.

Posted by: AdmiralX | February 4, 2010 6:44 AM | Report abuse

"Snow Wars 5: The Snowpire Strikes Back"

Posted by: mlipin | February 4, 2010 6:46 AM | Report abuse

The Frost and the Flurryous

Posted by: juggler9000 | February 4, 2010 7:11 AM | Report abuse

Snowtastrophe!

Posted by: TriLizard | February 4, 2010 7:14 AM | Report abuse

Snowphoon

Posted by: insilverspring | February 4, 2010 7:26 AM | Report abuse

Snowpollo 13!

Posted by: crowst01 | February 4, 2010 7:33 AM | Report abuse

Wow...so many answers. I couldn't even look through them all. But of the ones I got to, Snowzilla is my favorite.

How about, Snow II: The Wreckoning!

Posted by: akchild | February 4, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse

SNOWHICA!

Posted by: bud_49 | February 4, 2010 8:00 AM | Report abuse

Santacide (poor guy)

Snowacide - Ice Forms and Sleets (take off of "Homicide - Life on the Streets")

The Great Flaketastrophe of 2010

The Icetanic

Mel Gibson (He's a flake, so, why not?)

;-)

snowmax...

Posted by: lains | February 4, 2010 8:23 AM | Report abuse

(Wolf) Blitzer's Blizzard?
Global Warming?
Snowstorm of Doom?

Posted by: DrEvil3 | February 4, 2010 8:28 AM | Report abuse

So we hear about the four-loaf storms, but here we have

"The Seven-Loaf & Three Gallon Storm"

Posted by: Stormy1 | February 4, 2010 8:31 AM | Report abuse

SNOWNAMI!!!

Posted by: Chlorine82 | February 4, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

"Snowpocalypse Now Redux" -- it's the extended, definitive version of the previous epic.

Posted by: jess9 | February 4, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

How about "Snow Problem." ;)

Posted by: marklandterrapins | February 4, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

I like "snownami"

Posted by: johntopoleski | February 4, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Hey marklandterrapins, watch this video and keep your ears open for SNOW PROBLEM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVYWJOEy9A

Posted by: steampunk | February 4, 2010 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Snowzilla's Revenge
2 Fast 2 Flurry
The Abominable Snowstorm

No Business Like Snow Business!

Posted by: WorfsBabyMama | February 4, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

I'm a big fan of Snowpocalypse II: The Legend of Curly's Gold.

Posted by: thecandidcastaway | February 4, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

1) SNOROHISMA

2) I LIKED "SNOMAGGEDON" I'M SORRY DIDN'T THINK OF IT.

3) SNO-SHOW (IF I DOESN'T HAPPEN)

4) SNO-MO PLEASE 2010

Posted by: loericomba | February 4, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

How about Snowverload?

Posted by: sunandfungirl | February 4, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

I've just about had my fill of the snow this winter so how about "Snowmore, please?!" as in no more snow, please!!!

Posted by: kylesmom96 | February 4, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

How about calling it the "Whitest Black History month Ever"!

Posted by: knjon353 | February 4, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Tsnownami II: The Blizzarding

Posted by: Old_Mose | February 4, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Snowapalooza!

Posted by: christophersmith29 | February 4, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

The Snowflake Dahlicious Show!!!

Posted by: jab31972 | February 4, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

or

SuePalkaPaloosa SnowStorm

Posted by: bbmcoachk | February 4, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Snow Holy F----n' S---!
Tai Shan's Revenge
Run for Your Igloos!
It's the End of the World As We Snow It (and I Feel Fine)
Shovel, Shovel, Toil and Trouble

"Snowpocalypse Reloaded"

Posted by: Terps00 | February 4, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Bad Snowmance

Posted by: edwesterling | February 4, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Guantanasnow

Posted by: snoway | February 4, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Roads closed, pipes frozen, albinos...virtually invisible. The National Weather Service has upgraded DC's blizzard from "Winter Wonderland" to a "Class 3 Kill-Storm"!

Posted by: kanned | February 4, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

"Snowpocalypse 2.0"

Posted by: Terps00 | February 4, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Double Snogasm

or

"Mo Sno"

Posted by: tommc1 | February 4, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

How about the Snowcano?

Posted by: elmajennings | February 4, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

"The Winter of Our Discontent"

Posted by: desidrew | February 4, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Snoroshima

Posted by: michaelsparks | February 4, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Snizzle Bizzle 4 Rizzle Twenty Tizzle

Posted by: steampunk | February 4, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse 2: Snow Harder

Posted by: josephfray | February 4, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse Now Redux

Posted by: rwaye | February 4, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

"Snostradamus"
Big Predictions, Big Hype...

Posted by: EulerRules | February 4, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Given that we HOST just about everything....and I assume Pennsylvania Avenue could be clogged......

2010 Capitol FlakeFest

Great Capitol FlakeFest

And if we can get some members of Congress to come.....

The Great DC Fest o'Flakes!

Enjoy the snow.....

Posted by: miketoddw1 | February 4, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I take SNOWGASM and raise it to SNOWGASM: The Metro Area is Covered in it!

Posted by: brandonesque | February 4, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

"Why not arrive on a Monday for once" snow storm

Posted by: saywhat3 | February 4, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Not sure what to call this storm but I have become a believer re: "Global Whitening!"

Posted by: johnsont47 | February 4, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

The Second Coming

Posted by: jcn310 | February 4, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

"Snow On The Ground, Snow On The Ground, Actin' Like A Fool With The Snow On The Ground!"

Posted by: desidrew | February 4, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Snorrorshow! Inconvenience From Above...

Posted by: Buddydog | February 4, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I like the name "An Inconvenient Snowstorm" for this snow storm.

Posted by: bibliophile33 | February 4, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Kaiser Soze? I think you meant Kaiser Snowze

Posted by: wandoctor | February 4, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

BlizzBowl 2010

Posted by: tkoho | February 4, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

SNOW BIG DEAL

Posted by: 123cartoon | February 4, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I really like Kaiser Snowze, Snowbowl, Snoball Warming, and herewesnowagain. With Kaiser Snowze as the favorite.

But how do you hashtag it? #KaiserSnowze or #Kaiser_Snowze ?

Posted by: kebhouse | February 4, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Found on the current forecast discussion page c/o noneofyourbeeswax1:
Given that this storm is supposed to start at (approximately) sundown on Friday, and end at (approximately) sundown on Saturday, I recommend that we called it The Sabbath Storm. Not only will this be enjoyable for Jews, but it should also placate DC's sizable Ozzy Osbourne fan base.

I agree, and since this is the hebrew year of 5770, we should call it: THE SABBATH STORM OF 5770.

Posted by: JDK4 | February 4, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

So hard to choose just one! My favorites: Snoverdose, Snoverload, SnowYouDidn't, and Snowpocalypse II: Revenge of the Fallen Snow!

Posted by: serenefallschurch | February 4, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

How about "SNOBALINA"? SNOBAMA? SNOPEEP?

Posted by: mustidoithotmailcom | February 4, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Snowbama

Posted by: alex58 | February 4, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Al Gore'z Whack.

Posted by: blackforestcherry | February 4, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

How about movie related:

"Snowatar" - it looks better in 3D
"A Snowy and Present Danger"
"To Snow with Love"
"Snow and the City"
"A Snowstorm Too Far"
"Snow Trek"
"Snow Wars"
"Snowtanic"

Posted by: russtom1 | February 4, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

OK:
SNOWACANE OBAMA or

VA/DC - BACK IN WHITE or

WHITE SABBITH or

SNOWQUAKE 2010 (too soon?)

Posted by: tommc1 | February 4, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

"Buried Pleasure" (I love snow)

Posted by: MoBro13 | February 4, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I think "Snowrrific" works great! Then it could "terrific" for the snow lovers and "horrific" for the snow haters. :)

Posted by: jeffdyer | February 4, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Snoplosion

Posted by: appler1 | February 4, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

it's gonna be a "SNowFU"...especially if you had plans

Posted by: Pat_E | February 4, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

In honor of Jersey Shore, I submit "The Snowtuation". Do you like The Snowtuation?

Posted by: Nigel1 | February 4, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

How about "White out at the White House"?

Posted by: ndandbcfan | February 4, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I vote Snowmaggedon.

Posted by: jldorn1 | February 4, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Snonami. Definitely snonami.

Posted by: metropolis718 | February 4, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

SNOWGdoIhaveenoughTP?

Posted by: MarylandMom2 | February 4, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Snowcession 2010: The 8-Trillion-Snowflake Surplus!

Posted by: CinAdMo | February 4, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

If Snobama don't get you, Olympia Snowe will.

Posted by: anarcho-liberal-tarian | February 4, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse 2: Snowdgment Day

Posted by: cnwash | February 4, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

How about only naming real storms, not potential ones.

Posted by: bfcof12 | February 4, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

The Washington Blizzards: Dumping all over the '09-'10 season

Posted by: mpraske | February 4, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

The Second Coming of Snowpocalypse

Posted by: blueotto | February 4, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Vinny's Snowratto

Posted by: MonkMossMann | February 4, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse 2: The Wrath of Tai Shan

Posted by: gps1375 | February 4, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Aleksandr Snowzhenitsyn: The Gulag Snowipelago 2010!!!

Posted by: andysavoie | February 4, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Snowly Crap!

Posted by: Wikijen | February 4, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

White Death

Posted by: dolphrb35 | February 4, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Supercalifragalisticexpialasnowcious.

Posted by: gepg | February 4, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Tell these "flakecasters" to call it "SnowBlitz XLIV." But "Snonami, Snomaggeddon 2, and SNOMG" are crafty too.

How about flake derived names? Like "Flake City" or "Flakerant Wind?" :)

Posted by: ahowl7mx | February 4, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

How about Pandarama?

Posted by: geebee | February 4, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

1. Snowlapalooza
2. The Snow Locker
3. The Snow Must Go On

Posted by: thump41 | February 4, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

SNowFU says it all!

Posted by: babybaby | February 4, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

"The White Menace"

Posted by: tlyons1 | February 4, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Blizzard of OZ

Posted by: dstryspc | February 4, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Oh, oh, OH-oh oh. Oh, oh, EEE-oh. Oh, oh, OH-oh oh. THE WHITE STUFF!

Posted by: steampunk | February 4, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

"Snowzilla" take DC

Posted by: smarr007 | February 4, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

"snOWNED" or "snPWNED"

Posted by: golfnut012 | February 4, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

If the first storm was SnOMG, then this one should be SnOMFG.
But since everyone seems to be of the opinion that the last one was Snowpocolypse, this should logically be "Snowmageddon"

Posted by: anilcm | February 4, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

"DC gets a Snowjob"

Posted by: valsunshinepal | February 4, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Snowmageddon

Posted by: fivesix | February 4, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

My latest comment here was deleted. WHAT GIVES? Is it because I said "The white stuff? I was referring to snow! HOW IS THAT OFFENSIVE SNOMG THIS IS SNOWBELIEVABLE CENSORSNOW ALL ON THIS SNOWSITE. And I thought the Washington Snow was supposed to be a resnowctable snowpaper. I'm about to cansnowl my snowscription. Oh wait, I snown't even have one! WOOP WOOOOOOP! I am the snow patrol.

Posted by: steampunk | February 4, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

'Marion Berry Sneezes"

Posted by: ophirstemmer | February 4, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

"DC gets a Snowjob"

Posted by: valsunshinepal | February 4, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Apocalypse sNow?

Posted by: jmb82 | February 4, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse 2: The Wrath of Frosty

Posted by: smlennon | February 4, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

"Snowden."

Posted by: azender | February 4, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

If it happens, "SuperBlow 2010." If it fizzles, "SuperBlowhard."

Posted by: Olderwiser | February 4, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

tsnownami

Posted by: solong_430 | February 4, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

I would like to go with Dandruff. Because if you look on a guy that has alot of it, and his shoulders look like the tops of mountains, it looks like it now.

Posted by: Snow_Baller | February 4, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

SNOWTASTROPHE

Posted by: ecmelhorn | February 4, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

snowpendous

Posted by: solong_430 | February 4, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

It has to be the Great Capitol Whiteout --

Posted by: catlover58 | February 4, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Mother Nature's Snowmanship.

Posted by: azender | February 4, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

After reading through the comments for inspiration and redundancy purposes, I have to 2nd SnowTony's creation: Kaiser Snowze

Posted by: agentjanie | February 4, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse 2.0

Posted by: Laurend24 | February 4, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

The Coming of the Obama-tible Snowman.

Posted by: azender | February 4, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Mondosnow

Posted by: solong_430 | February 4, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

How about "Groundhog's Revenge"

Posted by: mdgirl4 | February 4, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

~ Fierce Friday

Posted by: IrishBlueGypsy | February 4, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Great October 2010 Baby Boom

Posted by: corriem1 | February 4, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

the district of snolumbia

Posted by: rwjudd | February 4, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Given the satellite photo showing it pulling moisture off the Intertropical Convergence Zone in the Pacific, I think the storm should be called "The Day After Tomorrow"

Posted by: pmichaels1 | February 4, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Definitely "Snovechkin"

Especially with the big game against Pittsburgh coming up. We want to show the Pens that even our weather will defeat them!

Posted by: yetanotherpassword | February 4, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

"Snowvechkin"

Posted by: yetanotherpassword | February 4, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

....we got a "snowvechkin" coming in.

(Sorry for the multiple posts, my brain typing is catching up to my brain, which is slow in the first place).

Posted by: yetanotherpassword | February 4, 2010 5:51 PM | Report abuse

(Da) Snowminator!

Because, like the Snowpocalypse, "It will be bahk!."

Posted by: CptOatmeal | February 4, 2010 6:30 PM | Report abuse

I think we need to add a new submission, it's a clear winner...Snow-Bomb-a (pronounced like the last name of our President)

Posted by: brObama | February 4, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Call it Snow Job. And then get a life...your potentially "historic" storm is pretty run of the mill for much of the rest of the nation. But then, you people think you ARE the nation, so you wouldn't know.

Posted by: mamapanda | February 4, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse Episode II: Revenge of the Drift

Posted by: Sally | February 5, 2010 2:31 AM | Report abuse

Snowpocalypse 2: Potomac Big-igloo

Posted by: jmkaye | February 5, 2010 7:55 AM | Report abuse

Super Snow II 2010!

As in the second big snow fall of the year (the 1st on Dec 19-20) and in reference to Super Bowl Weekend.

Posted by: scottysut | February 5, 2010 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Oh Snow You Didn't!

Posted by: lesili | February 5, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Good. I hope it shuts down the government so the corrupt democrats can't steal any more money or continue to screw us.

Posted by: LarryG62 | February 5, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse