The new Washington
Jump to CWG's
Latest Full Forecast
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 10:45 AM ET, 03/19/2010

Great weather!... hard choice for hoops fans

By Dan Stillman

* Spring fever thru weekend. Wet Monday? CWG's Full Forecast *

Basketball?... or bask in the sun? With sunshine forecast through much of the weekend, and highs near and into the 70s, this perfect to near-perfect weather feels even sweeter after the cold and snowy winter we've had. Yet it coincides with all the madness that comes with the early rounds of the NCAA Tournament. What's a sports lover to do?...

By Dan Stillman  | March 19, 2010; 10:45 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Forecast: Spring fever still going strong
Next: PM Update: Spring arriving to warm temperatures

Comments

Speaking of the NCAA tourney, look at which Washington Post "personality" is atop the standings this morning: Leaderboard

Posted by: CapitalWeatherGang | March 19, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I'll be working anyways, looks like it's all B-ball for me, not that I mind much. Go Orange!

Posted by: Brian-CapitalWeatherGang | March 19, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

The Vols are still alive, but there's also plenty of dancing, and, if no rain Sunday afternoon, my first W&OD Trail hike since before the December blizzard. GO VOLS!!!

Posted by: Bombo47jea | March 19, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

There will be 150 more sunny days before fall comes around. The NCAA tournament is only 10 days per year. DO THE MATH.

Posted by: MACCHAMPS04 | March 19, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

@MACCHAMPS04

I'm with you in some respects. On the other hand, think how many of the sunny days will be hot and humid rather than our current sunny stretch of room-temperature warmth and low humidity. -Dan, CWG

Posted by: CapitalWeatherGang | March 19, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

My team went from the final 4 last yr to the NIT this yr, so I'll soak up at least some sun this weekend. ;)

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | March 19, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse