The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 3:15 PM ET, 03/16/2010

PM Update: Clear skies and growing warmth

By Ian Livingston

Four days of springtime brilliance on tap

* Daylight Saving | Snow demise | Winter: Cold here, toasty elsewhere *
* CWG T-Shirts | Clouds and more: Weather Wall | Get There *

Morning clouds were no match for a strong March sun today and this afternoon has turned out quite pleasant overall. Highs ranging from the upper 50s to near 60 are back up and past average for this time of year, and we're only headed higher in the temperature department the next few days. Of course, the pollen that got washed out by the rain will be coming back in full force as well.

Temperatures: Latest D.C. area temperature map powered by iMap (base map by Google). Click and hold on map to pan. Double-click to zoom. Refresh page to update. See larger map on our Weather Wall.

Through Tonight: Mostly clear skies and light winds allow temperatures to fall to lows in the mid-30s in the cold spots to the low-or-mid 40s downtown. With all the moisture still around from recent rain, some places may see a bit of fog by sunrise.

Tomorrow (Wednesday): Midweek "sick" day? Perhaps, but then you'd be tempted to make it a rest-of-the-week vacation. We start off slightly crisp, with maybe some patchy fog, but the March sun goes to work fast sending us to highs in the mid-60s. Light winds from the northwest will be little issue.

See Matt Rogers' full forecast through the weekend. And if you haven't already, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

The 65 Bracket Challenge: Hoops fans - be sure to register for Washington Post's bracket challenge. D.C. area residents can enter for a chance to win prizes for each round and the entire tournament. CWG chief meteorologist Jason Samenow's picks will be showcased along with a number of other Washington Post columnists and bloggers. Can he forecast anything besides the weather?

By Ian Livingston  | March 16, 2010; 3:15 PM ET
Categories:  Forecasts
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The death of a snowpack
Next: Forecast: Several days of spectacular weather

Comments

On Thursday I think we have the perfect confluence of events to create a colossal "call in sick" skip day at work.

1) Brilliant weather with sun and temps near 70
2) The day after St Patty's Day
3) The first round of the NCAA tournament starting at noon

Posted by: danog224 | March 16, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

danog224 - I think youre making a well-justified call on this one!! What do you plan to do with the amazing Friday? :)

Posted by: Camden-CapitalWeatherGang | March 16, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm at a year round school, so this weather works for me. We are in our first week of spring break :)
Put away my winter comforter this evening. Life is good!

Posted by: Snowlover2 | March 16, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

I was on snow watch during last night's drizzle, but didn't see any. We only got down to around 37.

I guess it's a little early to talk about Monday... was wondering if the Blue Ridge may get some snow at the tail end of the system?

I said goodbye tonight to my last remaining snowpile where it was piled up from me shoveling the deck. Maybe I'll go outside one more time to kiss my beloved snow (just kidding).

Posted by: spgass1 | March 16, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse