The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 3:15 PM ET, 04/13/2010

PM Update: A few more showers into evening

By Ian Livingston

Sun returns tomorrow, warmer temps as well

* Ann Posegate Science Feature: Guarding Antarctic ecosystems *
* Butterflies battered by Mother Nature | Is April snow gone for good? *
* Outside now? Radar & more: Weather Wall | CWG T-Shirts *

Periods of rain that began late this morning have helped keep temperatures on the cool side this afternoon with temperatures mainly near 50 around the area. Though the rain has generally been light, some embedded moderate rain has traversed the area. The main batch of precipitation is already exiting, but a few more showers are possible into the evening hours. Chilly breezes from the northeast continue, so keep a jacket handy!

Radar: Latest regional radar shows movement of precipitation over past three hours. Powered by HAMweather. Refresh page to update. Click here or on image to enlarge. Or see radar bigger on our Weather Wall.

Through Tonight: The consistent rain of the afternoon will move off to the southeast and isolated to scattered showers will linger into the evening. Temperatures in the upper 40s to near 50 early fall to lows ranging from near 40 into the mid-40s. Winds ease a bit from today, blowing from the northeast around 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow (Wednesday): We return to fairly typical, maybe a little cool, April weather on Wednesday. Sunshine returns with just a few clouds here and there as highs rise into the low-and-mid 60s. Light winds should be little issue.

See Matt Rogers' full forecast through the weekend. And if you haven't already, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

By Ian Livingston  | April 13, 2010; 3:15 PM ET
Categories:  Forecasts
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Atmosphere's revenge? Monarchs in short supply
Next: Forecast: Staying in the springtime groove

Comments

Well, it won't be the hurricane or duststorm that I "forecasted" last week, but I'm still not happy about having more cold and wet for my game tonight. Drat!

Posted by: Brian-CapitalWeatherGang | April 13, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Brian, remind me what game/sport you're playing tonight? Definitely agreed.. it's a little bit icky out there. Messy end to the Nuclear Summit, I'm sure it will aide traffic flow (sarcasm!)

Posted by: Camden-CapitalWeatherGang | April 13, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't it 90 degrees last Tuesday? Right now, it's 46.9 where I live. Sigh, just a drop of 15 degrees and we'd be seeing snow. Not that those white blooming dogwoods aren't nice, or anything.

Must be one of the earliest blooming seasons around here in a long time. I don't recall the azaleas budding this early in D.C. This is more North Carolina than Washington.

But it means the tree pollen season could end earlier than usual (except I'll be in Chicago next week and get to re-experience the pollen).

Posted by: JerryFloyd1 | April 13, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

I noticed today that my azaleas and dogwood trees are blooming too, and I was thinking that it seems awfully early. Is it because of the warm temps we had last week? So glad that we are back to 60's and 70's!

Posted by: kathyb39 | April 13, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

@kathyb39

The early blooms are definitely a result of the mild temps -- not just in the last couple weeks -- but also in March, which was quite warm.

Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | April 13, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse