The new Washington
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 11:00 PM ET, 07/18/2010

Some Sunday evening storminess

By Dan Stillman

* Hot & even more humid: Work-week Forecast *
* Outside now? Radar, lightning, temps & more: Weather Wall *

An area of thunderstorms containing pockets of heavy rain, frequent lightning and gusty winds has blossomed in northern Fairfax County and will affect D.C, southern and eastern Montgomery County, and northern Prince George's County over the next hour or so. Shower and storm chances should diminish during the overnight hours.

By Dan Stillman  | July 18, 2010; 11:00 PM ET
Categories:  Updates
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Forecast: Heat locked in, humidity to get worse
Next: Forecast: Summer stickiness and storms

Comments

There seems to be a lot of lightning and thunder around...may be going around me to my north...seems reminiscent of Friday night's big deluge...

Channel 5 mets say we could have another MCS move in from Ohio/Pa. tomorrow morning...could make things cloudy.

Posted by: Bombo47jea | July 18, 2010 11:18 PM | Report abuse

There was thunder and lightning to the ground when I was in Columbus Ohio earlier today, before I flew back to the DC area. And threat of hail tho I didn't see any. I wonder if this is the same storm, although less intense?

Posted by: saracooper | July 18, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

Thunder and lightning here in Hyattsville/Brentwood.

Posted by: saracooper | July 18, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

About 20 minutes of much-needed rain here in Michigan Park. Sufficiently heavy to clean the air and the gutters.

Dropped 0.21". The closest Weatherbug station (at Children's Hospital, 1.37 miles) has recorded 4.32" this month! Happy dance all around!

If we have to endure this dreadful, prolonged heat, bring on more rain, please!!

Posted by: TominMichiganParkDC | July 19, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse