The new Washington
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 3:25 PM ET, 12/27/2010

Incredible time lapse video of New Jersey snow

By Jason Samenow

The snow time lapse video below is the most dramatic I've ever seen. It was recorded Sunday afternoon and evening in Belmar, NJ during the blizzard that raked the mid-Atlantic and Northeast coast (h/t Andrew Freedman)...

December 2010 Blizzard Timelapse from Michael Black on Vimeo.

By Jason Samenow  | December 27, 2010; 3:25 PM ET
Categories:  U.S. Weather
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Blizzard blasts coastal cities from Va. to Mass.
Next: PM Update: Big wind slowly subsides

Comments

That was awesome!

Posted by: caphillse | December 27, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Is this for real???

Posted by: BobMiller2 | December 27, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Michael Black needs my new snow shovel a lot more than I do.

Posted by: FIREDRAGON47 | December 27, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Yes this is for real! Parts of NJ got up to 29" of snow.. it is breath-taking to me. And I posted it to Facebook, I liked it so much!

Posted by: Camden-CapitalWeatherGang | December 27, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Jealous.

Posted by: Rcmorgan | December 27, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

very neat video

Posted by: madisondc | December 27, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

No missing the lightning and thunder in this short video!

The time between lightning flash and thunder is about 3 seconds ==> lightning just about .6 miles from this location, maybe almost straight up.

Posted by: SteveT-CapitalWeatherGang | December 27, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Steve - that was a great video definitely. THANK YOU. Thundersnow is very hard to capture, oh yes, but NOW .. I have my fix ;)

Posted by: Camden-CapitalWeatherGang | December 27, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

omg, that was so cool!

Posted by: natsncats | December 27, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Man it was snowing at 5' an min.

Posted by: VaTechBob | December 27, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Not sure I would have stayed up all night to watch the snow, which apparently Mr. Black did - but quite the awesome video.

Posted by: MKoehl | December 27, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse