Year in pictures: Submit your 2010 weather photos
Deadline January 3
It's that time of year again to showcase this year's weather in photos!
At times, the atmosphere seems out of reach, offering us views of distant sunsets or looming storms. At other times it is at our fingertips, shrouding us in fog and coating our streets with snow. It is our job to describe these experiences using words. Yet, they are often not enough. This is where photography comes in.
2010 was a dramatic year for weather in our region. We know there are many great photos just waiting to be seen. Send us your best 2010 weather shots by January 3, 2011 and we will post our favorites here on CWG later in the month.
Keep reading for submission details ...
How to submit:
There are two categories: Snowmageddon (any snow-related photos) and Other Weather. Each person may submit no more than one relevant photo to each category (for a total of two possible per person). Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
Date the image was taken (must be in 2010)
Location where the image was taken
A few guidelines:
* You need not be a professional photographer to submit a photo, but you must be at least 13 years of age.
* All entries must be original and property of you.
* All submissions must show weather in the D.C. metro region, including the District, Maryland, Virginia or West Virginia.
* Images must have been taken in 2010. Those submitted in 2008 and 2009 will not be considered this year.
* Submissions should not be digitally edited (i.e., Photoshopped) with the exception of cropping, resizing and minor color balance adjustments.
* Images do not need to be high resolution, as they will be used solely on this website.
* Full user submission guidelines
What we're looking for:
* Unique types of weather
* Interesting or unusual cloud formations
* Cool optical effects
* Patterns and textures
* Human interest angles
* Storm impacts
* Images that typify our region's weather
* Overall 'wow' factor
Deadline is January 3, 2011. CWG's favorites will be displayed in mid-January, so stay tuned. We look forward to seeing the best of 2010's weather in photos!
| December 22, 2010; 10:30 AM ET
Categories: Capital Weather Gang, Contests, Latest, Photography, Posegate
Save & Share: Previous: Forecast: Cold through Christmas. Will it be white?
Next: Sunday storm could be big hit or big miss
Posted by: wiredog | December 22, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | December 22, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: pwilly | December 22, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: wiredog | December 22, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | December 22, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ah___ | December 22, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: TheAnalyst | December 29, 2010 1:22 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.