The new Washington
Jump to CWG's
Latest Full Forecast
Outside now? Radar, temps
and more: Weather Wall
Follow us on Twitter (@capitalweather) and become a fan on Facebook
Posted at 1:30 PM ET, 01/ 8/2011

Decent chance for at least some snow Tuesday

By Dan Stillman and Jason Samenow

Not much has changed regarding the potential for snow on Tuesday. Chances remain fairly good that we'll see at least some accumulating snow in the D.C. area, while at the same time chances of a big-time storm remain fairly low.

Next accumulating snow chance: Tuesday
Probability of accumulating snow (1" or more): 50-55%
Probability of more than 4": 20%

Why do we think odds of at least an inch of snow are just above 50/50? The reason is an initial push of moisture from the south that looks to be enough to produce a period of light to moderate snow. Also, we could get a little snow on the back-end from the upper level system to the west.

When would any snow start and end?: The timing details will have to be fine tuned, but right now it appears snow could begin early Tuesday morning and end early-to-mid evening.

Why do we think the chances of a major storm (say, 6" or more) are on the low side? Because the models (GFS and the European, for those familiar) have shown some consistency in taking a surface area of low pressure, which develops off the Southeast coast as the upper-level energy approaches the mid-Atlantic, too far out to sea, and/or intensifying it too late to deliver big snow to the D.C. area. Also, as the disturbance from the west approaches and transfers its energy to the coastal low, we may get "dry slotted", causing the snow to cutoff.

Could things change? Yes. With the potential storm still three days away, there's plenty of time for things to change. For example, the upper-level energy could be weaker than currently modeled, or could track further north or south (so far, models have been consistent in tracking it right toward the D.C. area), both of which would result in less snow. Or, the surface low could track closer to the coast and/or intensify earlier, both of which would result in more snow.

How much snow do the various models spit out? GFS: 1-3", GFS ensemble average: 2-4", Canadian: 2-4", European: 3-6" (these are approximate, using assumption 1" of rain is equivalent to 10" of snow)

When's the next technical analysis from Wes coming? Tomorrow - at this time.

What's Wes's current take on the situation? Wes emailed us to say: "The odds of seeing snowflakes on Tuesday continue to rise. There are still two general solutions, one that amplifies the upper pattern enough to pull the developing surface low off the southeast coast far enough north and west to give us a 3-5 inch storm and another that takes the low far enough east that it would only give us an inch or two. The pattern looks like the type that often give us 2-4 inches but that's only a guess and there is enough spread in the solutions to warrant not getting too specific about amounts this early in the game. Right now, any amounts from a dusting to 5 or 6 inches appear possible."

Bottom line: With this storm, our confidence in at least some snow is higher than it's been with previous storms this season three days out. But nothing is a lock quite yet. A reasonable early guess would be for a 2-4" type storm...but adjustments may well be necessary.

By Dan Stillman and Jason Samenow  | January 8, 2011; 1:30 PM ET
Categories:  Latest, Snow Lover's Crystal Ball, Winter Storms
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Snow ends, drops quick half inch or so
Next: Forecast: Chilly 30s 'til next snow chance

Comments

The more pressing question for me is:
Will Walter have enough snow to give us our first snow sculpture of the year?

Inquiring minds want to know... ;o)

Posted by: southbridgemom | January 8, 2011 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Well I have a fitness class starting on Tuesday evening and I plan on getting my car detailed on Monday. Is this enough to pull the storm in? Hmmm.....

Posted by: kygurl94 | January 8, 2011 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Reads like a modest maybe snow day Tuesday.
Nothing to get scared about.
I would love to get enough for the artistic folks & the snowballers, enough for me to break in the new shovel.
Ok, we'll see how this pans out.

There is some wicked wind out there. Bundle y'all.

Posted by: FIREDRAGON47 | January 8, 2011 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Looking at the 12z Euro it appears dangerously similar to the christmas storm. Off the southeast coast, misses us, then circles back up to New England.

The other option is OTS. There isn't really any guidance giving us more than 3 or 4 inches at this point. I'm not really seeing any possibility for a big snowstorm. I think we'd be lucky to get three or four inches at this point.

Maybe we can get some last hour magic like we did on the christmas storm sans the complete whiff.

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 2:35 PM | Report abuse

What is "early Tuesday morning?" Before sunrise?

Posted by: PoorTeacher | January 8, 2011 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Tuesday night is the first swing dance of the year at the Clarendon Ballroom. The Clarendon Ballroom does NOT like to cancel dance events, but wintry weather DOES tend to dampen attendance, in some cases rather dramatically.

Posted by: Bombo47jea | January 8, 2011 2:49 PM | Report abuse

WTF you always talk about your dances. Who does that? It's not the 1890's anymore...

Posted by: samd95 | January 8, 2011 2:59 PM | Report abuse

southbridgemom,
thanks for thinking of me. i'm wondering that too!

btw, you say "first snow sculpture of the year". do you mean calendar year or winter? believe it or not, i WAS able to make some thing from the december 15th ~1.5".

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | January 8, 2011 3:02 PM | Report abuse

samd95,

Leave Bombo47jea alone! He/she has the right to comment about dancing he/she wants to. I see nothing wrong with leaving a few comments about it on this blog.

And what do you mean "who does that"?? Plenty of people out there enjoy dancing. So in general, I find what you have said kind of rude.

I don't mean to sound bossy, so sorry if I do, but you were being a little bossy yourself... :)

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 3:06 PM | Report abuse

dan, jason,
you report that the GFS shows 1-3, but that the GFS ensemble predicts 2-4? how can that be? i apparently mistakenly thought the "ensemble" was like an average of many runs. i presume this is the GFS to which you refer:

is the "ensemble" available somewhere? not even sure this question makes sense since i'm now confused about what the "ensemble" is...

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | January 8, 2011 3:08 PM | Report abuse

bombo, you said,
"These snow forecasts are following the much-unneeded rain pattern of tending to hit on my dance dates!"

please schedule more dances...

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | January 8, 2011 3:11 PM | Report abuse

bombo, you said,

please schedule more dances...

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | January 8, 2011 3:11 PM |
--------------------------------------------
Good one Walter! I agree, Bombo, please try to schedule MANY more dances from now on, OK?? :)

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 3:17 PM | Report abuse

@Walter-- Oh dear, I missed a sculpture?!?! My bad...

I was thinking both the winter AND 2011. I'll have to go back to your photostream (I bookmarked it) and look at the 15 Dec masterpiece. That is, after I get the Holiday decorations down.

southbridgedad is getting quite irritated that I'm stopping to go to the laptop every few minutes to check CWG blog posts. :)

Posted by: southbridgemom | January 8, 2011 3:24 PM | Report abuse

samd95, this is a blog about weather, and how it affects people's lives. Just because you don't like dancing, don't attack others.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Posted by: southbridgemom | January 8, 2011 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Walter, this site has he ensemble means and ensemble.

Posted by: wjunker | January 8, 2011 3:31 PM | Report abuse

For those of you who didn't see it when I posted it on the previous thread, here is a video of ABC7 Meteorologist Adam Caskey getting pelted with snowballs during last winter's Dupont Circle snowball fight during Snowmageddon:

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I should have proof read my comment to Arthur. Here's the ensemble site. You can get both the means and the individual members.

Posted by: wjunker | January 8, 2011 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I'll go with 2-5 inches, but if this turns out just right, mother nature always leaves a little something extra in these storms : )

Posted by: redskins-95 | January 8, 2011 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Attention all: If you are a snow lover, you HAVE to see the latest GFS model at 240 hours (Jan 18)... if it were to verify, the entire DC metro area would see 7 - 12 inches!

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Walter, love the December 15 sculpture!

Bob Miller, my heart can’t take that much excitement on a playoff day!

Posted by: kmill67 | January 8, 2011 3:52 PM | Report abuse

bob - I know you you know that that far into the future the Gfs is essentially unreliable ...output is very smoothed and somewhat imaginative :)

Posted by: Camden-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Camden -

I know, I know, it's probably not going to happen, but hey, one can always dream! It's like those Redskins fans who dream that one day the Redskins will make it to the super bowl :)

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Camden says: extra long-range GFS output is "somewhat imaginative." Now that made me laugh!

Posted by: petworthlad | January 8, 2011 4:08 PM | Report abuse

@BobMiller, while I resign myself to a couple of inches of snow (if we're lucky), I'll remember that if we get a hefty accumulation, you called it first. ;))

As noted, I'm so rooting for 11".... we'll see....

Posted by: JerryFloyd1 | January 8, 2011 4:12 PM | Report abuse

According to the NWS, temps tonight will drop to the upper teens. Wind chills by tomorrow morning will be about 10°F in D.C. and in the single digits in the suburbs. Brrrrr!!

BTW, the current reading on my thermometer here in Sterling is 26°F.

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Hey can any of the gang answer me this:

When I go to sites with model runs it seems like the Euro never offers precip analysis, either on total percip over a period of time or extrapolated precip movement and development. So when I go to the Euro I just look at storm tracks and see where the low is moving (which by the way, if the Euro verifies it would be just fantastic).

Any advice on how to use the Euro?

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 4:34 PM | Report abuse

thanks kmill. if we get 4" on tuesday, it will seem like a bonanza after that one.

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | January 8, 2011 4:39 PM | Report abuse

If you can handle it (I say this because it might put some of us into "snow withdrawl"), you should watch this video I found on YouTube. It is a time-lapse of Snowmageddon. I think it's one of the best I've seen. Oh how I wish we'd have another Snowmageddon...

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 4:48 PM | Report abuse

you were right to warn us bob, that video sent my cravings into overdrive; think i'm gonna have to go skiin tomorrow for a temporary fix

Posted by: vtjudyz | January 8, 2011 5:02 PM | Report abuse

@vtjudyz

Sounds like a plan!

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 5:07 PM | Report abuse

BobMiller2,

How old are you?

You come across to me, on your posts, as if you are someone between the ages of 12-14.

Just my observation... I could very well be wrong.

Posted by: MKoehl | January 8, 2011 5:25 PM | Report abuse

This accumulated precip map from the new GFS reminds me of something...

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 5:30 PM | Report abuse

It seems now that this will be more of a southern storm rather than a mid-atlantic storm. Maybe 2 -3 inches at best??

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 5:32 PM | Report abuse

bbirnbau, except for rare occasions when ecmwf.int offers freebies of precip you have to pay to get precip output on the Euro, it's not available for free. The Euro does look pretty good.. though the rest of the models are sorta going the bad way today. If I had to choose one to have in my camp (as a snow lover) it would be the Euro though.

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Ian-CapitalWeatherGang,

How much precipitation does the Euro show? And why do they make you pay for it?

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 5:41 PM | Report abuse

@Ian, that GFS looks too much like 12/26. Arrrgh!!!

Posted by: JerryFloyd1 | January 8, 2011 5:44 PM | Report abuse

@Ian

Yeah ok that makes sense cause I def looked for precip maps and could not find them.

I understand what you're saying about the models going the bad way today but even yesterday the gfs wasn't really showing more than a couple inches. I actually am a little excited about the 18z that just came out. Yeah, it shows a miss, but it is definitely different than the christmas storm. With the Christmas storm the snow had developed well south of us. It was merely the track that busted for us. Raligh even got pounded remember? For this one we are relying on a phasing of these two storms, and here's what I got from the latest gfs:

1. The phasing actually happened. The phasing in previous runs were well out to sea. Yes, it happened too late for us to get much, but it happened, and the storm went up the coast. Definite good news.

2. Since the phasing happened in the latest gfs I see a definite westerly shift of the storm track. This is another crucial change for us. We also needed this thing not to go OTS.

3. This may be wish casting, but I think that a.)the gfs is weakening the southern surface low a little too much, and b.) that phasing will happen earlier than the gfs shows. Though I am completely un-knowledgeable in the physics aspect of these things (the details that go into phasing forecasts), to me it seems like the low dropping out of the plains just dances with the gulf low foreeever. I mean by the time the surface low is off the carolina coast they are practically on top of each other without any phasing really to show for it precip wise. I just have this gut feeling that this storm is going to get a lot wetter for our area before it's all said and done. Though I do believe that once again the northeast is going to get the goodies on this one. I still think it would take a few more major changes to get over 5 or 6 inches for this. But hey, I would definitely take a half a foot the way this winter is going.

Sorry if I'm getting people's hopes up but it's just what I'm thinking.

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 5:47 PM | Report abuse

I think it i ssafe to say that the trend is not our friend and this is starting to look like Christmas all over again. Be prepared for a dusting of snow Tuesday followed up by a wind storm here in the DC/MD region.

Posted by: greg2010 | January 8, 2011 6:08 PM | Report abuse

although I must add that if this latest gfs verifies, Wes couldn not have been more on point. He said that if this thing develop we would risk being left behind in a dry slot while the northeast got pounded.

But I'm still optimistic that the phase could happen earlier.

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 6:15 PM | Report abuse

If I could go the rest of the winter without hearing "trend" and "friend" in the same sentence again, I would be thrilled.

Unfortunately, I think I'll hear it umpteen million more times.

Posted by: Snowlover2 | January 8, 2011 6:16 PM | Report abuse

BobMiller, the last 2 runs had .5"+ from about DC and to the east, with .25"+ for the rest of the area. I don't have specifics just maps with different intervals. I know AccuPro allows you to get exact outputs for locations.

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 6:27 PM | Report abuse

bbirnbau, yes the GFS has not been terribly big with the storm recently -- probably one of the more benign run to run even though it's consistently given us snow. The setup is a bit different than 12/26 for sure. Actually I think there is initially more moisture to work with in the GOM this time, but the trough orientation wants to just shoot most of it out to sea and weaken the low before the additional energy arrives from the west.

I'd like to believe the models are wrong with that but the pattern seems to match what they show. Still, there is plenty of hope that you get enough moisture north to get us some snow, especially combined with the energy from the west.

I personally think the "trend" (models dont really trend) on the GFS since yesterday is not that good for local snow lovers with the mid-level energy (500mb) that ultimately tries to invigorate the coastal system. It continues to shift north and now passes to our north on the latest run. In most cases you want that to go just south of you for the best snow opp. All this said, I'm still relatively optimistic we see snow on Tuesday.

Posted by: Ian-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Ut oh, Ian. "relatively optimistic" could be as bad as "bullish"... you don't want to write an 'apology' cast, do you? LOL :P

Posted by: somdcommuter | January 8, 2011 6:47 PM | Report abuse

It will snow on Tuesday. About 6 inches. Totally on intution.
But we have lots more of winter to go....
And we will def see a foot before the winter is over.

Posted by: moo1 | January 8, 2011 6:53 PM | Report abuse

All I can think about when I see the models is...Is it too early to call this "Snow-Hole II" ?

I'm a snow lover, but it looks like the transfer of energy, if it were to take place, would occur JUST after the time frame DC would need for big snow. If it hangs back too long and there is no energy transfer and cyclogenesis, this could/would just be a classic OTS event with maybe some light snow from the upper level northern steam low passing through.

CWG, please tell me I'm wrong. Please. Am I?

Posted by: 4seams | January 8, 2011 6:58 PM | Report abuse

@Ian,

Yeah very true, the shift to the north for the plains low is definitely not a good thing. I would rather it be about 200 miles south.

But snoverkill last year had a secondary low pretty far north of us last year...although those were very different and more conducive circumstances regarding other things (coastal low track, etc.).

Despite my optimistic rant earlier I would still say that the chance for 4+ is probably 20-40%, but to be honest I didn't think it was even that high before this last gfs run. The runs prior looked pretty lame. At least there is a storm that falls SOMEwhere on the coast now. Just gotta get that darn thing to phase earlier.

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Bust potential is soo high on tuesdays storm. So many things going on with next tuesdays 2 lows that the models arent gonna have this thing down even on monday, take it to the bank.

Im gonna go for my same call for dec. 26th storm and say T-3 inches for DC metro. I think that heavy snow line is gonna be close, but no cigar for us, again.

CWG, you guys seeing any mixing potential in this storm?.... Bob Ryan tweeted this ensemble pic, that 540 line is right over DC.

Posted by: KRUZ | January 8, 2011 7:35 PM | Report abuse

CWG,

I live in Fredericksburg, VA. Just curious to know if further South towards Richmond will get more/less than the DC area.

Posted by: Showmethesnow | January 8, 2011 7:35 PM | Report abuse

CWG,

Posted by: Showmethesnow | January 8, 2011 7:36 PM | Report abuse

You guys are stressing me out.

Posted by: Snowlover2 | January 8, 2011 7:53 PM | Report abuse

I heard on the weather channel that the NAM isn't the most reliable... don't know if that's true... but the NAM phases the storm a little better than the gfs right now, giving us about 3 to 5 inches. I can work with that. Better than a friggin snow hole.

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Thought this guy is usually a little too bullish for my taste, I honestly think this is more likely than a complete bust.

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 8:04 PM | Report abuse

@4seams

I think if you like snow you have to be very concerned about the dry slot when transfer of energy occurs. With the initial warm advection snows being underwhelming, this event has the potential to disappoint. Not backing away from what we said earlier - just wouldn't get hopes up about a big event.

Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 9:05 PM | Report abuse

@Showmethesnow

I don't think Fredericksburg is in position to much better or worse from this event.

Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 9:09 PM | Report abuse

@bbirnbau

NAM is pretty darn good within 48 hours; ok 48 to 60, not so great beyond that.

Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 9:13 PM | Report abuse

I like these polite little storms - after last year, I've kind of lost my stomach for blockbusters.

Posted by: prickles1009 | January 8, 2011 9:14 PM | Report abuse

This color-blind snow lover could not be less enamored of those color-coded precipitation amount maps.

Posted by: snowpro | January 8, 2011 9:23 PM | Report abuse

@KRUZ

There's an outside chance a little mixing could occur if the low to the west tracks too far north (pushing warm air in at mid-levels) - but none of the models have it there yet. And I think most of the storm would still be snow before any mixing if it were to occur. While I can't rule out mixing, if I'm a snow lover, that's not my chief concern for this storm.

Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 9:25 PM | Report abuse

It's good to hear that mixing shouldn't be a problem. That's every snowlover's worst nightmare.

I would also like to express sincere gratitude to the CWG, thank you again for being here for us day and night during events like this. I really do appreciate it. I'm looking forward to the update tomorrow from Wes!

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 9:47 PM | Report abuse

CWG,

I have heard before of a blizzard called the Washington-Jefferson blizzard which happened sometime in the 1770s, I believe. I remember someone saying that Washington measured 36 inches at mount Vernon and Jefferson recorded a similarly large amount in Charlottesville. Do you know of any other information regarding this storm? Besides what Washington and Jefferson wrote, is there any other evidence of this area getting that much snow??

Posted by: BobMiller2 | January 8, 2011 10:05 PM | Report abuse

The 0z NAM just supported that dry slot that Jason was referring to. HUGE bummer on that one. Pretty much negates everything I was hoping for in the post I made earlier. But let's be honest, there's still a lot of time on the clock and this game isn't over. According to the 0z NAM we are in range for 2-5 inches or so. If we can just get this baby developed a little bit earlier we could at least get a a decent system out of this joint.

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 10:08 PM | Report abuse

I think that you guys at the CWG are spot on for Tuesday's "snow" event. My wife and I have a second home in Sussex County, DE. There was 11-12 inches of snow the day after Christmas. We are now here in Sussex County, and we had about two inches of snow. It seems to me that the Tuesday event is traveling in a rather flat trajectory - no significant swing into the gulf. I expect about an inch of snow in the DC area, with possibly 1-4 inches in the Delmarva region. I see a pattern where these storms are traveling south of DC, and running off the coast before they strengthen and move up the coast. To me, this means little snow for DC, while the area east of Annapolis gets more snow. I think this pattern will repeat itself until winter is essentially over. My personal opinion is that this winter will be relatively snow-free for the DC area. Correct me if I'm wrong, CWG.

Posted by: MillPond2 | January 8, 2011 10:15 PM | Report abuse

I love snow and usually over forecast, but based on the latest model info, I'd be surprised if we get more than 2-4".

If we get into that fast westerly jet at mid levels, we will get dry slotted pretty quickly. So unless the upper air depiction is off quite a bit, it does not appear that the Tuesday system will be a major event.

Just saw the NAM, they are running the primary storm up west of the mountains. If that really happens, we might change to rain!

Posted by: frontieradjust | January 8, 2011 10:23 PM | Report abuse

@BobMiller2

I believe Kevin Ambrose has written about the Washington Jefferson storm in his books. Not aware of any storm topping it. We should do an article on it at some point.

Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 10:35 PM | Report abuse

@BobMiller, The WashJeff storm is, as Jason notes, in Kevin's Washington Weather book, pp. 25-26. Amazon has new and used copies; the former at a very good price!

Posted by: JerryFloyd1 | January 8, 2011 10:54 PM | Report abuse

The 0z GFS has a nasty dry slot over our region. That will not be good for snow if it verifies. The American models have not looked good today for more than 1 or 2 inches, 3 inches tops.

Posted by: Jason-CapitalWeatherGang | January 8, 2011 11:07 PM | Report abuse

I'm going to go with 2 inches on this one and I'll hold out hope for a snow filled winter middle to end of February or next year. Dry slot is almost probably I'm sure.

Posted by: tressoleilgoddess | January 8, 2011 11:35 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Jason, im sticking with my T-3 inches for tuesdays storm.

Posted by: KRUZ | January 8, 2011 11:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm going to pour a highball and pray that this thing phases earlier. I'm not happy right now.

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 11:42 PM | Report abuse

is there a chance that the models are taking too long to phase these storms? Cause it just seems like they arbitrarily phase at some point. They are practically sitting on top of each other for so long...

Posted by: bbirnbau | January 8, 2011 11:44 PM | Report abuse

The term "wishcasting" comes to mind...

Thanks Jason et al for your coverage, g'night all!

Posted by: natsncats | January 8, 2011 11:53 PM | Report abuse

Hope CWG gives us an update of tonights Euro!!!!! Please!?!

Posted by: KRUZ | January 9, 2011 12:38 AM | Report abuse

Bummer. Looks like this means businesses and government will be open Tuesday with an ugly commute both in the AM and PM. I love snow, but in December my 8 mile drive took 90 minutes. The roads were fine. It was the "fear of snow" slow drivers causing a massive jam. 6+ inches would keep them off the road. But that isn't going to happen. Sigh...

Posted by: biketraveller22 | January 9, 2011 1:59 AM | Report abuse

"I would also like to express sincere gratitude to the CWG, thank you again for being here for us day and night during events like this."

Yeah, without CWG you'd have nowhere to post 15-20 comments on each and every post wishing for snow, hoping for snow, wanting ungodly crippling amounts of snow, looking back fondly on last year's devastating snow, asking for explanations of the models of snow, lamenting the lack of snow and looking at models for 2013 and having your eyes roll back in your head as you imagine the 19 feet of snow we will get "if this verifies."

You might have to actually have a life or something.

Posted by: mhardy1 | January 9, 2011 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Can we please have about 20" on Tuesday? I have a new snowblower I want to test.

Posted by: Ombudsman1 | January 9, 2011 9:57 PM | Report abuse