A Few More Pre-Game Notes...
- UPDATED: Jameel Sewell was announced the starting quarterback on the video board introductions. That could mean he starts, and it might not mean a thing. You never know with this team.
- Riko Smalls was attempting passes with the quarterbacks. Smalls was moved to wide receiver before the season, although the redshirt freshman came to Virginia at quarterback. Perhaps he's the emergency quarterback if something happens to Marc Verica and Sewell (assuming Hall does not play). The other scholarship quarterback, Ross Methany, is redshirting this season.
- NFL scouts were on the sidelines during warm-ups. It's safe to say there are future pros on both teams. Teams represented at today's game are the Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles.
- Coach Al Groh and TCU Coach Gary Patterson had a good chat at midfield before the game. Groh and Patterson share a fondness for defense and Tom Petty. They became friendly at coaching conventions, and Groh has heard Patterson play the guitar. Groh said Patterson also likes scuba diving.
- Vic Hall was not among the Cavaliers catching punts during the portion of punt returns I watched. Javaris Brown and Chase Minnifield were among those back there.
- Still a sparse crowd, with kickoff in 20 minutes. Orange shirts are quickly filing in.
- For the fashion-savvy fans, Virgnia will wear blue jerseys and blue pants. TCU is in an all-white combo. Virginia wore white pants last week. Maybe the change in wardrobe will change their fortunes.
The comments to this entry are closed.