Halftime Update: Duke 9, Virginia 3
In 14 quarters of ACC play, Virginia's offense has two touchdowns. The Cavaliers offense lacked much of a life in the first half against Duke, registering only 81 total yards. The Cavaliers attempted 18 passes and only 10 rushes. They're averaging 5.5 yards per carry, and have totaled only 26 passing yards on six completions. That should be an indication of one of the problems with this offense.
- Nate Collins has two sacks, which is already a career high.
- True freshman Oday Aboushi received time at left tackle.
- Nathan Rathjen has punted in the place of Jimmy Howell. There was no revealed injury for Howell, so this could be about performance. Rathjen is averaging 38 yards per punt.
- Jameel Sewell came off the field with an injury in the first half, but returned in the second half. Marc Verica was 5 for 12 with 21 yards in his place.
- This is the first time all season Duke has been held without a first-half touchdown.
The comments to this entry are closed.