HALFTIME: Clemson 24, Virginia 21
Virginia has used an offense unlike one witnessed throughout the entire season. The Cavaliers had 233 first-half yards. To provide perspective on this achievement, the offense was held to less than 200 yards in three of the past four games. Here are some other notes the first game:
- Mikell Simpson already has 14 carries for 84 yards and two catches for 43 yards and a touchdown. Although healthy, he did not play in last week’s loss to Boston College. It was Coach Al Groh's decision.
- The Cavaliers played in the “Wildcat” with Simpson for the first time this season.
- Virginia’s 21 first-half points were the third most points scored in a half this season. The Cavaliers had not even scored 21 points in its previous five games.
- Vic Hall’s 5-yard touchdown pass to Joe Torchia in the second quarter was Hall’s first touchdown pass of his career. Hall started the season at quarterback, but later moved to wide receiver.
- Clemson’s C.J. Spiller is the only player in the country to score a touchdown each game this season after his four-yard touchdown in the second quarter.
The comments to this entry are closed.