Tuesday Morning Mix
- John Travolta takes on the role of Edna Turnblad in the coming film adaptation of the broadway musical based on the John Waters film "Hairspray." Anyone else agree that maybe a coordinated re-release of the original 1988 Divine/Ricki Lake version would be the better choice? (AP)
- It's hard out here for an Oscar-winning song... at least if that song is the Three 6 Mafia's ode to the pimp life. (Post)
The Post's Philip Kennicott also talks about the song's entrance into our cultural lexicon.
Lastly, if you're still not quite up on the Three 6 Mafia visit the group's Wikipedia entry, replete with straight-faced gems like: "Their song 'Late Nite Tip' is favoured by car audio enthusiasts for its deep, rolling baseline and is considered to be ideal for testing high-end speaker systems."
- Maybe in 20 years or so "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" will find a new life, like the growing number of Kinks' songs finding their way to commercial success in, umm, commercials. (Reuters)
- Who is Dane Cook and does he matter more than Tony Soprano? (Hollywood Reporter)
- Fish, chips, beer and... edible undies? Some London bars and nightclubs have installed sex toy vending machines for customers who might feel more comfortable purchasing their "accessories" in a bar than in a traditional sex shop. (AP)
Update: Dana Reeve, who championed paralysis research and rehabilitation with late husband Christopher Reeve, died of lung cancer late Monday in New York. Read The Post story here and full coverage of Christopher Reeve's 2004 death here.
Posted by: OMM | March 7, 2006 9:43 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.