Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 03/23/2006

V for Vegetating in Front of My Monitor

By Liz Kelly

Just this weekend the husband and I were sitting in a movie theater waiting for the lights to go down and "V for Vendetta" to begin when we started waxing nostalgic about the other "V" -- the totally cool '80s miniseries/show about reptilian aliens who start taking over planet Earth (starring Beastmaster Marc Singer).

(Courtesy Warner Bros.)

Today, courtesy of Ironic Sans, I learned that several episodes of "V" are available for free online from AOL's new In2TV site. I can't resist. Watching a couple of episodes has already cut significantly into my work day personal time.

(For those whose taste may be different, In2TV also offers "Alice," "Falcon Crest," "Growing Pains," "Head of the Class," "Hanging With Mr. Cooper," "Scarecrow and Mrs. King"... and many more).

By Liz Kelly  | March 23, 2006; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Miscellaneous
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Sharon & Sharon Edition
Next: '80s Movies, the Perfect Vintage

Comments

Yeah for V. I was all about that show and tried to find anyone else who even could remember it a while ago (pre-IMDB) and couldn't. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted by: lynn | March 23, 2006 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Thaks for the memories, Liz, on "V". Even with the limited special effects budget, this was a cool show. When those human masks came off.....

Posted by: JB | March 23, 2006 11:51 AM | Report abuse

How about that epsidoe when the human girl gave birth to the alien baby. That was great!

Posted by: JAS | March 23, 2006 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I was talking about V several weeks ago to a co-worker who had never seen it - loved both mini-series. Oooh, the evil Diana and the cute alien played by the future Freddy Krueger guy. My girl friends and I would discuss the previous night's episodes each day at school. Such memories!

Posted by: AJ | March 23, 2006 3:04 PM | Report abuse

i saw V a few years ago in college because my hipster roomate wanted something campy to see and i was very hesitant but i have to say that i absolutely loved it! everyone should watch and enjoy this great series...so much fun! and by the end i was holding up my fingers in the V sign as well. :)

Posted by: LC | March 23, 2006 3:26 PM | Report abuse

I was so hooked on V. One of my proudest possessions was the hat that a friend gave to me. I held on to it for many years, and moves to several countries, until it finally disintegrated (and I may still have the remains somewhere). Another DVD purchase (if available).

Posted by: Jeff | March 27, 2006 7:43 PM | Report abuse