Eight good things about the upcoming weekend:
1. Sleeping In.
3. "Ice Age: The Meltdown": The sequel to 2002's "Ice Age" has finally arrived, complete with Ray Romano, John Leguizamo and Dennis Leary. Pack up the kids (or not) and get thee to the multiplex. (All new movies)
4. April Fool's Day: That's right; Saturday is April 1st, so prepare your gags and put up your own guard. The Museum of Hoaxes ranks the 100 best April Fool's pranks. I'm particularly fond of the 26-day marathon runner and completely floored by the worst prank ever.
5. Time Change: ABC offers tips on how to adjust to daylight saving time. These tips involve something called "exercise" and conspicuously leave out any mention of naps. Oh, and next year the change will happen three weeks earlier thanks to the Energy Policy Act of 2005. Still, lighter evenings can't help but lead to warmer twilight hours and that, of course, means porch sitting.
6. "So NoTORIous": Tori Spelling's new "faux-reality" show debuts Sunday night at 10 p.m. ET on VH1. The plotline is apparently loosely based on Tori's own life in a murky post-"90210" era and "WKRP" alumna Loni Anderson will be playing Tori's mom. (FYI, Tori denies rumors that her family has stopped speaking to her because of the show's depiction of their home life.)
7. "The Sopranos": Tony's awake and will, no doubt, get the troops back in line in Sunday's episode -- titled, incidentally, "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh." (Should I be hungry, grossed out or turned on?) Anyway, Silvio had a hard time managing family business in Tony's stead, Paulie and Vito could catch some hell for holding out so long on Carmela's cut of the Columbian take and Christopher already hit a still-woozy Tony up for an "investment" at the end of last week's show.
| March 31, 2006; 10:43 AM ET
Save & Share: Previous: Morning Mix: Naomi's Phone Rage, Justin Calls K-Fed Gross
Next: Morning Mix: Couric, CBS Near Deal
Posted by: Rob | March 31, 2006 10:50 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Tim | March 31, 2006 1:31 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Jennifer | March 31, 2006 2:04 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: PEF | April 3, 2006 11:49 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.