Posted at 8:31 AM ET, 05/ 9/2006

Morning Mix: Star Jones Reynolds Out at 'The View?'

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Make room for Rosie, Star Jones Reynolds reportedly out at "The View"... Nicole Kidman says she still loves ex-husband Tom Cruise... David Blaine fails to break breath-holding record... Madonna calls herself a "crap mother"... Whoopi Goldberg to host morning radio show... Pete Doherty's blood paintings (yes, blood) set for London gallery show... Mark-Paul Gosselaar ("Saved by the Bell") and wife welcome baby daughter... Sean Connery named "sexiest pensioner" in U.K. poll... Robert Blake to appeal wrongful-death verdict... Axl Rose says new Guns N' Roses album will hit stores this fall...

While I Was Out: Sure, I missed Keith's brain surgery and Tori's wedding, but I did get to tour Florida's Silver Springs theme park, where I viewed underwater alligators from a glass-bottomed boat and got to see where six Tarzan movies, Lloyd Bridges' "Sea Hunt" and two James Bond movies were filmed. It's great to be back, though, and now I must glue myself to the Today Show -- the original cast of "The Facts of Life" are due to reunite during the 8:30 half hour.

By Liz Kelly  | May 9, 2006; 8:31 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Be Back on Tuesday
Next: Morning Mix: Ashlee's New Nose, Britney's New Baby

Comments

Dearest Liz,

Silly you! All you had to do was ask someone! You didn't have to go all the way to Florida! We have a Silver Spring right here at the northern tip of DC!!!!

Yours,
Joe

Posted by: Joe Graphy | May 9, 2006 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Welcome back and thank you for making my week! Star Jones out at the view is the best news I have heard in a while!! Although I don't get a chance to watch the show anymore, I am just happier knowing that her loud voice won't be there anymore.

Posted by: starhater | May 9, 2006 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Any news on the mysterious press conference Ms. Spears scheduled for last Thursday? (I'm usually not so into celebs, but her son shares a b-day with my son. And I haven't had Child Welfare services once at my house. I love feeling like a good mom!) :-)

Posted by: Spears Watch | May 9, 2006 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Was it really the original cast of the Facts of Life, e.g., the first season cast, which included Molly Ringwald and that girl from the Great Santini, or was it the cast for which the show is best known, which included second-season addition Nancy McKeon as well as three other actresses from the first season.

Posted by: TPC | May 9, 2006 4:03 PM | Report abuse

TPC -- it turned out to be just Nancy McKeon (Jo), Mindy Cohn (Natalie) and Lisa Whelchel (Blair). Tootie didn't even show up.

Sigh.

Posted by: Liz | May 10, 2006 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Good News! Star Jones out of the view.
Does she think she is the only one that has lost weight? Satus Seeker! This made my day

Posted by: Bernicia Villalobos | June 27, 2006 7:03 PM | Report abuse