Posted at 8:45 AM ET, 07/20/2006

Paris Hilton: 'I Like to Pretend I'm Stupid'

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Paris Hilton says she just pretends she's stupid; plans to one-up sister Nicky with her own line of hotels... Maddox Jolie-Pitt tops list of Cutest Hollywood Kids... Timberlake tells magazine he was "infatuated" with Britney; says iPods are too much work... Jessica Biel's charity auction date raises $30,000... Kate Hudson wins libel case against tabloid that said she had an eating disorder... Dave Navarro discusses split with Electra on his blog... Fred Durst announces upcoming wedding on MySpace... Brigitte Bardot "ashamed to be French"... Ex-Village People cop faces jail sentence... Yes, this is Ashlee Simpson...

Stars in Cars: Arkansas to pardon Keith Richards for 31-year-old traffic violation... Mindy McCready found not guilty in DUI trial... Daniel Baldwin crashes Thunderbird into two parked cars...

Rumor Mill: Bobby Brown denies split with Whitney Houston (and that he was looking for a "new tenderoni")... Britney Spears holing up in Beverly Hills hotel; spotted with new manny... Lohan calls new boyfriend her "third-choice lover"... Another woman claims teenage affair with Christie Brinkley's husband... Bennifer moving to Boston to raise baby Violet... Tori Spelling moving to New York... Bruce Willis wants to resurrect "Moonlighting" as movie... Kevin Spacey obsessed with ping-pong.

Happy Birthday to... Giselle Bundchen (1980), Carlos Santana (1947)

By Liz Kelly  | July 20, 2006; 8:45 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Who's in Your Backseat?
Next: A Message From You, Britney

Comments

Thank you, thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you Ben for not moving to Virginia and running for Congress! I have already seen several Benator bumper stickers and it skeeves me out every time. It would have forced me to vote Republican for the first time ever. And for crying out loud, I even voted for Dukakis back in the day!

Posted by: Simone | July 20, 2006 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Oh, my...did anyone tell Ashlee that skeletal IS NOT sexy? That girl needs to be introduced to Mongolian Stir-Fry Buffet, post haste!

Posted by: OrganicGal | July 20, 2006 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Shocking! -rok6m926

Posted by: Roy | July 20, 2006 9:13 AM | Report abuse

We're not out of the woods on Benator until he's in the ground with a wooden stake through his heart.

Posted by: Stick | July 20, 2006 9:41 AM | Report abuse

WOAH!!! I would like a close up of before- and after-nose job Ashlee. I suspect there may have been more work than diet and a nose job. In that profile pic she sure looks like Kate Hudson.

Posted by: Spob | July 20, 2006 9:48 AM | Report abuse

I love celebrities. More food for me!

Posted by: ttlsccr | July 20, 2006 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Re: Ranking Cute Hollywood Kids.

Liz, I think you blogged about this before, but where do these people find ego's big enough to make these opinions absolute declaration of fact? And why is Sean Preston up there? He hasn't really been around that long.

But I'll give that Maddox is a cutie pie. He's pretty strong support for the nurture side of the argument.

Posted by: Ro | July 20, 2006 10:33 AM | Report abuse

This is the last time I'm typing or saying the word "manny" to describe a male nanny.

Posted by: Phil | July 20, 2006 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Um, hey... where is Brad Pitt right now?? Didn't he get the message that there's another apocalypse going down in France right now that needs his guidance? If the mink crisis is enough to make Berdot hate being French it must be serious. Won't someone PLEASE think of the MINKS!?

Posted by: Five | July 20, 2006 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I have no idea why Ashlee Simpson had work done. She was absolutely gorgeous, and unique, beforehand! Now she's just a Hollywood clone.

Posted by: Mandy | July 20, 2006 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Well, she's certainly cartoon-like!! Ha.

Posted by: deva | July 20, 2006 11:28 AM | Report abuse

ashlee had work done because she's always been jealous of jessica and her looks. ashlee was fine before but if you hear it all your life, how gorgeous your sister is, you'd do it too, if you had the money!
reminds me of that sibline rivalry in that movie with Geena Davis, "A League Of Their Own". the younger sister was jealous and described to her older sister (Davis) how their father introduces them
"This is our daughter Dottie.......this is our other daughter....Dottie's Sister."

Classic little sister syndrome. I'm not saying that's how it is, but i'm sure that's how she feels. Ashlee has her own look, or she did at least and that's what made her appealing to a lot, but know, true, she's just a clone. that's too bad.

Posted by: 100% Texan | July 20, 2006 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Wow... you had me at the headline with "Paris Hilton: 'I Like to Pretend I'm Stupid'".

That's the most convincing play-acting I've ever seen. With her "pretending" on "Simple Life" and her mind-numbing, lazy-eyed interviews, I felt convinced I was listening to the village idiot speak. Now she's going to have hew own line of hotels??

Has she considered a career in politics?

Posted by: Ken | July 20, 2006 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Congrats Paris, you do a heck of a job because you REALLY convinced me you are stupid.

Posted by: Jimbo | July 20, 2006 12:59 PM | Report abuse

"Now, get out and get a decent and real job, enough with living off daddy's money"

To be fair, she does have enough money being thrown her way for "pretending to be stupid". And her father is just living off of money from his own fathers hard work anyways. Basically, they're all worthless.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 20, 2006 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Let's face it...Paris Hilton is brilliant! Who would have thought that making an adult video would lead to a TV series that was renewed twice but her. Paris pretending to be stupid is like Oprah pretending to be black; both do it really well.

Posted by: Henry | July 20, 2006 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Ashlee simpson was fine looking, but let's not go overboard. She neither was nor is "gorgeous", "beautiful", or any other adjective that describes her in terms at odds with the phrase "average".

Seriously.