Posted at 8:45 AM ET, 08/16/2006

Morning Mix: Actor Bruno Kirby Dies

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Actor Bruno Kirby ("When Harry Met Sally," "City Slickers") dies... Guinness names Paris Hilton Most Overrated Person (why does that sound familiar?)... The Barkers Battle on MySpace... Drew Barrymore says she's ready for children... David Copperfield says he's discovered fountain of youth... Ashton Kutcher to produce show for ABC... J.Lo to produce new FX show... Pink shaves her head, kind of... "Raymond's" Brad Garrett, wife separate... Heath Ledger, Michelle Williams salute the paparazzi... "Real World's" Puck welcomes second child, Rocco Kokopelli... Rapper Lil' Wayne arrested in Atlanta.

Rumor Mill: Courteney Cox says Aniston is not engaged... Lindsay Lohan says "Sex and the City" inspired her dating philosophy... James Woods (59) breaks up with 20-year-old girlfriend.

You Wanted the Best, You Got the Best: Submit your questions early for rock god Gene Simmons who will be answering questions about KISS and his new show, "Gene Simmons Family Jewels," at 3:30 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | August 16, 2006; 8:45 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Why We Should Stop Sizing Up Starlets
Next: Paris vs. Nicole, Again and Again

Comments

Bruno Kirby's death is a loss. I liked him as the young Clemenza.

Posted by: Tom Canick | August 16, 2006 9:12 AM | Report abuse

What nothing about Harry's boob grabbing?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 16, 2006 9:24 AM | Report abuse

given how kirby felt about billy crystal, it's likely he would have had his obit lead with Godfather II rather than "harry" and "slickers."

Posted by: jim vogel | August 16, 2006 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Liz. I love you, but Puck? I mean, really now --Puck? Are we stretching here?

Posted by: Eric | August 16, 2006 9:53 AM | Report abuse

"When you've loved and lost the way Frank has, then you know what life's about."

Rest in Peace, Tommy the Limo Driver (Bruno Kirby)

Posted by: proxl | August 16, 2006 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Has anyone been watching "Family Jewels?" I think it's kinda awful, except for the fact that the son, Nick, is a total fox.
I mean, like, for real. Can we start a countdown clock for him?

Also, a question: Is James Woods a gagillionaire? Or was the 20 y.o. gf mentally challenged?

Posted by: miss belle | August 16, 2006 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Nevermind, just read the blurb on Woods' break up; uh, they're both challenged. Although, she does sound like a dream (3" skirt and chainsmoking at a funeral? tell me she propped herself up at the open bar, and the picture is complete!). Creepy how Woods has known the girl since she was 5 y.o. ... seriously, where ARE her parents?

Posted by: miss belle | August 16, 2006 1:59 PM | Report abuse

at Woods...

Sandlers remark, ""She's the anti-Christ. She truly has the soul of a moth and the brain of a dead trout," also begs the question, when Woods took up with a 20 year old where was HIS brain? Opps. I forgot. A 59 year old man OR woman doesn't date a 20 year old man or woman for their intellect.

I agree - that he knew her since she was five IS creepy. I wonder if my father would've liked me dating/sleeping with one of his 60 year old golfing buds back when I was 20. I think not...

Whatever - Woods is one dumb schmuck.

Posted by: LMAO | August 17, 2006 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I loved Bruno Kirby's performances, especially in "The Freshman." a movie I could watch countless times, and have. It's too bad The Freshman was not mentioned in most of the stories I read about Kirby's death, because it's one of the best films ever made. Of course, not many male critics praised the movie because the only movies they like are made for gross, violent-prone men.

Posted by: Negevoli | August 17, 2006 3:38 PM | Report abuse

prjwbsnh [url=http://lnfts.com]test2[/url]

Posted by: John S | August 19, 2006 4:55 AM | Report abuse

Bruno Kirby was an outstanding addition to City Slickers. Casual Buzz

Posted by: Charlie Wear | August 20, 2006 4:53 AM | Report abuse

awww.. that's sad Bruno Kirby died. I really loved him in When Harry Met Sally too. Total shocker, didn't know this til I read this post.

Posted by: Kelly | August 29, 2006 8:19 PM | Report abuse