Posted at 8:43 AM ET, 08/30/2006

Morning Mix: Jessica Simpson to Give Voice a Rest

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Jessica Simpson told to rest her voice (we'll second that)... Ashlee Simpson to debut in London production of "Chicago"... Nick Lachey buys basketball team... Bronze Suri poop sculpture to go on display at New York gallery... Estranged granddad Jon Voight mistakenly calls Zahara "Shakira"... Colin Farrell gets three-year restraining order against woman... Fox to launch series based on "Terminator's" Sarah Connor... Fake snakes up for auction.

Rumor Mill: Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson to mend marriage with a little NASCAR magic?... Is Jessica Simpson dating John Mayer?... Lindsay Lohan's new boyfriend cleaning up her act.. Gwen Stefani boycotting Thursday's MTV Music Awards... Tori Spelling's husband not so crazy about her pet menagerie...

Diddy's Video Diary: The erstwhile musician and media mogul philosophizes about peeing while peeing.

P.S. Napoleon Dynamite's sweet map of Preston, Idaho.

P.P.S. Dave Navarro is adamantly defending his praise of Dilana's freakish performance on last night's "Rock Star: Supernova." Me, I thought Toby rocked "Rebel Yell" and stole the show.

By Liz Kelly  | August 30, 2006; 8:43 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology 101: Pop Quiz
Next: Perfect Pitch: Celebrity Duets

Comments

John Mayer and J.S? Bwa?? I thought he was into deep, introspective women. J.S. seems fun and cute but very bubblegum.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2006 9:00 AM | Report abuse

If you ever bothered to watch Making the Band (well, at least the first season with P. Diddy), everytime he talked, my brother and I would call it: P. Diddy's Words of Wisdom. Wisdom it was not. I swear, he would just put words together in a sentence, it made no sense at all whatsoever.
Sometimes I wonder if even P. Diddy knows what he's talking about...

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2006 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Both Simpson sisters should rest their voices for a very, very long time.

Posted by: pnina | August 30, 2006 9:19 AM | Report abuse

I was going to say the same thing about John Mayer... that would be a huge step backwards... huge...

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2006 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Liz, maybe we can have a poll -- who do we think should "rest" their voices? I'm with pnina -- both Simpson sisters. I also nominate J. Ho, er, Lo.

Posted by: Simone | August 30, 2006 9:49 AM | Report abuse

I am really pulling for Kate and Chris. Don't know why, but I want that marriage to work. Reflections of my own? Could be. Mostly I like to make fun of celebs but these two just seemed to have a genuine relationship (as seen through the warped lens of gossipworld).

Posted by: KiKi | August 30, 2006 10:03 AM | Report abuse

i nominate david hasselhoff

Posted by: b | August 30, 2006 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Yes, BOTH Simpson floozies need to give it a rest. Permanently. I signed a petition on the internet about a year ago asking Ashlee Simpson to stop singing. Maybe we need to start another one for both of those talentless bimbos. Anyone with me???????

Posted by: S | August 30, 2006 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Hmmm, Simone -- maybe other singers in need of a "rest" would be a good Friday list for this week, especially since the MTV Music Awards air Thursday night and will (hopefully) provide plenty of fodder.

Thanks!

Posted by: Liz | August 30, 2006 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Singing embargo: how about Kevin Federline? But I'm not sure you could call what he does singing, but it is definitely a vocalization of some sort. Which he should stop immediately.

Posted by: SC | August 30, 2006 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Apparently, John Mayer also dated Jennifer Love Hewitt. I see a trend...

Come on, he is a twenty-something guy and they are notorious for liking hot, young, cute [twits]. Then again, does it change for thirty-somethings, forty-somethings...HA

Posted by: Stacey | August 30, 2006 12:31 PM | Report abuse

i thought toby rocked out on storm's song...really stole it from her (yay!). but i'm rooting for ryan...not even sure why.

i like lukas a lot better now that i know he worked the fryline at hooters. makes him seem normal?

Posted by: wats | August 30, 2006 12:38 PM | Report abuse

The Hollywood Fame? The ABA? Holy crap! Could you please tell Mr. Lachey that if he wants to invest his money, I have a 1993 Plymouth Acclaim for sale... it's his for $1200.

Posted by: Lost in a Supermarket | August 30, 2006 4:49 PM | Report abuse

The newsbiz will get a glamor puss when Katie Couric takes over the CBS Evening News.

Gadz00kers! People who SHOULD be sitting in the CBS Evening News anchor chair include the deparating grand old newsman and Charles Gibson is a real newsman.

Above all, the news goombah on-camera should be someone with some credibility. Katie has not and never will have that capability.

She is, basically, a NEWS CHICK.

You need an old guy or gal in that stately chair.

Having said all that, we all know anyway that the before-the-cameras capo news person is really just a news reader. His or her news is prepared by an army of behind-the-scenes and seldom-seen news toads.

Posted by: ShowBiz | September 7, 2006 8:12 AM | Report abuse

//pardon my garbled thought. Should read:

The person in the CBS Evening News stately chair should be the likes of the departing grand old man or the very capable Charles Gibson. In short, the position requires a REAL newsman with a STRONG news background.

Posted by: ShowBiz | September 7, 2006 8:16 AM | Report abuse