Posted at 8:45 AM ET, 08/ 3/2006

Morning Mix: TomKat Wedding Imminent?

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Mel Gibson charged with drunk driving (Official Complaint - PDF); Scientology-spoofing "South Park" ad ill-timed; Us Weekly's "Hunk to Drunk" Gibson morph... Christie Brinkley meets with estranged husband... Barbara Walters scolds "View" co-host Elizabeth Hasselbeck... Nick Lachey calls new girlfriend Vanessa Minnillo a "guy's girl"... Fashion icon (umm) Elton John sick of American bands' style... Anna Nicole Smith reaches out to Britney Spears (and cooks up a peanut butter, cheese and mayo sandwich -- third item)... J.Lo drops out of "Dallas" remake... Helena Bonham Carter signs on to next "Harry Potter" film... Marie Osmond hospitalized for adverse medication reaction (publicist denies suicide attempt rumors)... New reality show will chronicle search for new Pussycat Doll... Lindsay Lohan subpoenaed in lawsuit against mom... Star Jones Reynolds says she's not divorcing... Dog destroys Elvis' teddy bear.

Rumor Mill: TomKat wedding imminent?... Jennifer Aniston single again?... "Lost's" Naveen Andrews spotted in liplock with mystery woman... "Queer Eye" cancelled or not?... Kevin Connolly ("Entourage") hits DJ who insulted girlfriend Nicky Hilton... Don Johnson snubs latter day Sonny Crockett Colin Farrell.

P.S. "Rockstar: Supernova" reaction -- Anyone else think it should have been the increasingly annoying Patrice who got the ax last night instead of the good natured Dana? And would the over-zealous stylist please stay away from Jason Newsted and give him back his Voivod t-shirt?

By Liz Kelly  | August 3, 2006; 8:45 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mel Gibson, Past Rehabilitation?
Next: A Scheme of Hasselhoffian Proportions

Comments

Forget Patrice or Dana, I wanted Jill off of my TV. I'm getting tired of hearing her shrill voice, at least the other two don't make me cringe.

Posted by: Tiff | August 3, 2006 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Dana might not be a hardcore rocker, but at least she has tons of talent and is trying. Jill is just awful. I still can't get her Courtney Love performance out of my mind - nightmares. Patrice isn't far behind.

More importantly, is it just me, or are the pairings and the dances on So You Think You can Dance less randon and more predetermined. I remember an earlier episode while kat turned the had upside down and nothing fell out. How else could Ivan and Natalie end up paired together doing dances so far from their styles while the other groups were more perfectly paired and did dances closer to their genres. Obviously, Ivan isn't as talented as the other two guys, but it looked last night like the show was trying to help get him out before the final four.

Posted by: leoj | August 3, 2006 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Re: Supernova

Yeah -- as much as I wanted to dsilike Dana for being the cute bubbly non-"rocker" (can we get TPTB to place a moratorium on Brooke's continuous use of the word? it just sounds so wrong when she says it), she was really starting to grow on me, even with the completely staged version of Baba O'Riley she pulled off the other night (great singing; black bandana strategically tied around the wrist -- not so much). But Patrice's perfromance was underwhelmingly lackluster.

Since we all know neither Patrice nor Dana are going to win, I say they should have kicked off the "rocker" with the weaker performance -- Patrice.

Posted by: too much free time | August 3, 2006 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I wish Barbara would get rid of the no-talent Hasselback. So anoying!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2006 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Zayra should have been cut on the first round, She's sucks so much it hurts to hear her sing. Cut her and be done with it...

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2006 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Is it wrong for me to say that I don't think any of those women could front a group that includes Jason Newsted and Tommy Lee? None of them rocks enough or has a voice strong enough to carry that group.

Not that the guys are much better. Is rock and roll dead to this generation? I feel like all of the contestants randomly throw up devil's horns just to try and increase their credibility.

Seriously: Jagger, Plant, Vince, Hetfield, Axl, Sebastian . . . and one of these kids is supposed to be a "lead singer"? None of them has what it takes to do it.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2006 3:55 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Patrice or Dana are right for Supernova, but at least Dana never made me cringe. Dilana has the best chance of making it, IMHO.

Of course, it's not like anything will come of Supernova. If not for the show, they'd sink into obscurity before releasing their first album. At least now people will be curious.

Posted by: Minx | August 4, 2006 11:33 AM | Report abuse

No, Katie, nooooo! Don't do it!!!

Posted by: Andrea | August 4, 2006 8:18 PM | Report abuse