Posted at 8:45 AM ET, 09/ 8/2006

Morning Mix: Lohan Robbed at London's Heathrow Airport

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Lindsay Lohan's purse snatched at Heathrow airport... Ellen DeGeneres will host Oscars... Elvis Costello and Diana Krall expecting twins... Tom DeLay backing "Dancing With the Stars" contestant... Australians wear khaki in honor of Steve Irwin... Shanna Moakler says she was faithful to Travis Barker... Emma Roberts (Julia's niece) is new face of Dooney & Bourke... Clay Aiken set to head White House disability committee... Cat Stevens to release new album... Photo: Travolta in "Hairspray".

Rumor Mill: Jessica Simpson fires longtime publicist... Cindy Crawford denies Botox quotes... Nicole Kidman accuses Jolie of exploiting charity work... Wacky Suri Cruise conspiracy theory No. 2,342,469.

Coming Soon (to a DVD player): Paris Hilton's new straight-to-DVD movie "Bottoms Up." (And so as to give Nicole Richie equal time, listen to her new single "Dandelion," leaked to YouTube.)

Coming Soon: The new "Casino Royale" trailer is now online. Wow.

Coming Tonight: Beyonce shakes her shimmy in a banana skirt on Elton John's "Fashion Rocks" special. (8 p.m. ET on CBS)

By Liz Kelly  | September 8, 2006; 8:45 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Rock Star': You Be the Judge
Next: A Hot Fall for Celeb Watchers

Comments

Of course it's not Tom's baby. He's not interested in that kind of thing.

As to Jessica Simpson firing her publicist... Jessica, trust me when the world says "...it's not the publicist making you look bad..."

But at least she didn't start doing Kevin Federline. Only a loser would .... oops

Posted by: Bright Guy | September 8, 2006 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Having seen the Paris Hilton sex tape, I thought the title of her movie "Bottoms Up" referred to something else . . . got to get my mind out of the gutter.

Posted by: KHo | September 8, 2006 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Wow, the comments on the Suri rumor site were intense! Scientologists out to defend their people, anti-Scientologists attacking them...it's crazy.

Not sure I could get so worked up (either way) about it.

Posted by: kate | September 8, 2006 9:47 AM | Report abuse

"Paris' Most Outrageous DVD Yet"? Yeah, right.

Posted by: Egregious | September 8, 2006 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Boo Hoo for Lindsay. What a moron! If your handbag is full of jewels don't you think that you should be carrying it yourself?

Posted by: Brent | September 8, 2006 9:59 AM | Report abuse

So this is what Tom DeLay's doing now. How the mighty have fallen.

Posted by: Phil | September 8, 2006 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Hmm... interesting theory about Suri's daddy. Do Scientologists believe in DNA testing? That would provide an answer, if there really is a question. Interestingly, I vaguely remember a story about Tom having a low sperm count and was unlikely to ever father children. This was way back when he was married to Mimi Rogers. If true, this gives hope to every man similarily afflicted who wants to be a Dad.

About Jessica... a new publicist is not going to fix what ails you. Methinks your 15 minutes of fame is beginning to wane.

Posted by: pnina | September 8, 2006 10:03 AM | Report abuse

That "Casino Royale" trailer is (to use a Parisism) hot!! This is the first Bond movie I've been interested in since Roger Moore. It has the look and feel of the cool, old-school Connery and Moore Bond flicks....something that's been missing for years.

Posted by: Ron in Reston | September 8, 2006 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Theft at Heathrow Airport has been common for many years. I had a digital camera stolen from under my arm. Some of the best pickpockets in the world operate there, the police know it and do nothing to stop it or help victims. Makes you wonder about the overall aviation security of the busiest airport in Europe.

Posted by: thw2001 | September 8, 2006 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I could _almost_ believe the Suri rumor if 1) the article didn't pull that crap about Suri's eyes coming from Kline, Katie (or "Kate" as the future Mrs. Cruise is supposed to be called) clearly is the source there...and 2) the whole thing about using padding to "fake" looking pregnant in the last months is ridiculous (of course not having any birth record is interesting...someone should dig that up!)

I hate myself for this, but I really want to see Paris' movie. Mostly because I want to feel superior as I make fun of her acting. How come we haven't heard anything about this before? She's promoted the hell out of every other little venture she's gone into. Brrrr....gotta get all my cattiness out before the weekend

Posted by: Omaha | September 8, 2006 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Shocking that someone would steal a hermes bag full of jewelry being pushed around by a dim-witted celebutramp...

Posted by: durrrrrrr | September 8, 2006 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Here's a funny Suri Cruise satire taht was emailed to me

Posted by: amfinfin | September 8, 2006 1:16 PM | Report abuse

The idea of John Mayer dating Jessica Simpson? The JM fans all knew it wasn't true. The low-key, serious musician dating the self-promoting, Ms. Chicken or Fish? Yeah - there's a match made in heaven.

Posted by: mayerfan | September 8, 2006 2:46 PM | Report abuse