Posted at 8:40 AM ET, 09/ 7/2006

Morning Mix: Paris Hilton Booked on DUI Charges

By Liz Kelly

Update: X17online has video of the Paris Hilton arrest -- from the moment she's put in the cruiser to a post-release visit to a gas station for some smokes. (3:18 p.m. ET)

Headlines: Paris Hilton booked on DUI charges (watch post-release footage here)... Katie Holmes calls Suri gossip "heartbreaking"... Letterman signs on for four more years at CBS... Whitney Houston working on new album... Marcia Cross expecting first child... Rocky statue to return to steps of Philadelphia Museum of Art... Second band member leaves Black Crowes on eve of tour... Debbie Harry, Lisa Marie Presley, Eve and Dita Von Teese are new faces of MAC campaign... Dave Grohl jams with Juliette Lewis... Michael Jackson ordered to pay ex-wife's attorney fees... Bianca Jagger charged with contempt of court... Pete Doherty evicted from apartment... Architect says Moscow stadium could collapse during Madonna concert.

Rumor Mill: Britney planning on naming new baby Jailynn (last item); will she give birth today?... Paris Hilton and Travis Barker hook up?... Jay-Z surprises Beyonce with $1 million birthday present... Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey agree to asset settlement... Heather Locklear and David Spade take a break... Tipsy Scarlett Johansson breaks into neighbor's apartment... China considering Bruce Lee theme park.

P.S. Finally, Pee-Wee Herman Nikes.

By Liz Kelly  | September 7, 2006; 8:40 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: We're Soooo Suri
Next: 'Rock Star': You Be the Judge

Comments

Poor Paris. She must have been so exhasted from looking at herself in the mirror all day

Posted by: Anonymous | September 7, 2006 9:47 AM | Report abuse

It was just a matter of time for Paris...

Is this Moscow's way of keeping Madonna from performing there?

A Bruce Lee theme park? What's next, the Jackie Chan Experience?

Posted by: Phil | September 7, 2006 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Do those Pee-Wee kicks come Scotchguarded?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 7, 2006 10:19 AM | Report abuse

I don't know about Paris or Scarlett, but I know I went out and got drunk when I found out Heather was dating Spade.

Now that he's available again, it might be why the girls got loaded...

Posted by: byoolin | September 7, 2006 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Jailynn? As in "In Jail"?

Posted by: Barb | September 8, 2006 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton should use this experience to teach others about DUI. I'm 27 years old, never been in trouble before. Last December I was pulled over because the license plate light on my car wasn't working. I had been drinking, but I thought I was under the legal limit. I blew a .08. I was arrested, taken to jail, strip searched, put into an orange jumpsuit (complete with dirty underwear, which I didn't wear), and had to spend the night in jail. I cooperated and wasn't causing any trouble. But, that is what they did to me! Paris should have had the same treatment! My charge ended up getting reduced to careless driving, but I still had to pay many of the fines and deal with the penalties, which included 12 weeks of DUI classes (at $40 each, which is nothing for Hilton, but hard for someone like me). In those classes, I learned that .08 is driving impaired, and that thousands of people are killed each year by drivers in the .08-.10 blood alcohol range. Yes, buzzed driving IS drunk driving! Paris blows off a .08 as "nothing." I hope she learns that driving at .08 is a very serious thing. Many other people are arrested all over the country each day with .08 blood alcohol levels. These arrests put a TON of strain and stress on people's lives. And, most people at that blood alcohol level didn't realize they were breaking the law when they got behind the wheel. Most people think that they are under the legal limit. But, .08 is impaired and it is illegal to drive at that level. Paris should use this opportunity to teach people that.

Posted by: Lisa | September 8, 2006 11:26 AM | Report abuse